: 2007 CTS V Spare Tire

Carnut_s
03-12-12, 11:06 PM
So I picked up my CTS V from a Cadillac dealer yesterday and was checking it over today. I noticed there was no spare, and the tires aren't run flats. Is there a spare tire kit I could buy rather than replace the new tires ?

OneFast V
03-12-12, 11:36 PM
There are some milled miglias on the classified that someine might split up. It is 18x8 so it fits better in the trunk

Nick4208
03-13-12, 10:05 AM
Go back to the dealer and ask them to either put the oem run-flats on or a new rim and tire. Thats what I did and they got a rim and tire. It worked out good because last year I had a bent rim, and had it swiched out. Now the bent rim is a spare.

gsx-lex
03-13-12, 12:41 PM
I ditched my Run flats, in place of a "fix-a-Flat" can and I keep an extra rim and tire at home.

Andringa
03-13-12, 03:49 PM
I would go back to the dealer and ask for a spare wheel/tire. That being said, I had the same situation when I bought my V and just found a wheel for sale on craigslist. You can get the jack kit from the normal CTS for about $60 from a junk yard, and with the spare face down you can still just barely fit the cover on.

thebigjimsho
03-15-12, 10:27 AM
I would go back to the dealer and ask for a spare wheel/tire. That being said, I had the same situation when I bought my V and just found a wheel for sale on craigslist. You can get the jack kit from the normal CTS for about $60 from a junk yard, and with the spare face down you can still just barely fit the cover on.

Yep, face down is the key...