: How hard to R/R Fuel filter?

STS 310
11-17-04, 12:41 PM
Ok I briefly saw where the fuel filter is located when my car was getting an oil change the other day. I asked the guy how much to replace, and he said $50. Sounds like too much money. Whats involved with replacing? It cant be to difficult can it?

Spyder
11-17-04, 12:45 PM
No, it takes about 10 minutes...the filter itself was, I want to say about 15 or so? but anyways, it doesn't take that long. It'll come with two new little plastic clips, so I just broke the old ones, and stuck the new ones in and was done. I had a cup to catch the gas that ran out...you're supposed to relieve the pressure, but I didn't, and had no problems.

STS 310
11-17-04, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the quick response Spyder. Im going to check it out this weekend, along with the PCV valve.

growe3
11-17-04, 08:20 PM
About 10 minutes or so. Have a small catch pan handy for a small amount of gas.

Either bleed off the pressure at the throttle body Sharader valve or do it after the car has been sitting for an hour.

No need to break the connector clips. Get the new filter and see how they work, they are easy to unclip.

Do not use any tools to grab the nylon fuel lines, you can easily damage them and cause a serious fire danger, just use your hands to wiggle it loose.

The filter should be along the frame rail under the drivers side, rear door.

-George