: can i install an overhead dvd in a caddy base with a sunroof?

cane87
03-12-12, 03:21 PM
I bought a 2007 used lade with no rear entertainment.I did a search on here and see different answers and i called bestbuy and they no i cant do this and the reason was because having a sunroof prevents it

Question..Did the guy at bestbuy give me false information? i see threads with people saying they put this in with a sunroof.

Also if it is possible to install, will i have to change the headliner? i really dont want to be bothered with this.i see some on here saying yes you do have to change it and some saying no you dont.

Trying to see how much work this is to get put in.I want to get for my son to watch on long trips

cane87
03-13-12, 12:47 AM
any help is much appreciated.. really having trouble finding answers.

Playdrv4me
03-13-12, 03:58 AM
Well, you would have to eliminate the overhead lamp on the hump in the roof, but if Lades have RSE and a sunroof from the factory I don't see why you can't have RSE with a sunroof aftermarket. Hell, there are REALLY CHEAP RSEs these days that are literally battery powered and attach to the roof with double stick tape. The wiring is not that difficult (you already have a power source with the overhead lamp).

Kdizel
03-16-12, 10:25 PM
Yes.....u can do this with no problem...only problems can occur if you put to big of a tv in it.

cane87
03-16-12, 11:13 PM
Yes.....u can do this with no problem...only problems can occur if you put to big of a tv in it.
without chaning the headliner and take out the dome lights? i dont wish to do that

Kdizel
03-18-12, 07:19 PM
yes u can do this without changing headliner