: Are the Recaro seats a direct bolt on replacement for stock seats?

350 HRSS
03-11-12, 06:16 PM
Hello everyone :)

I am a newbie on this forum! I picked up a 2012 CTS-V coupe (that I am in love with) a couple of weeks ago. I really like the look of the Recaro seats in these cars, and that was the only option this car did not have. I know it's a $3k+ option. However, does anyone know if the Recaro seats will bolt right in place of the standard stocks seats? I think the option was W2E, but not positive. Does anyone know the part numbers for the driver/pass side? I would think they would bolt right in, but then again, not sure, and don't want to make that $$$$$ of a mistake.

Please inform :)

Thanks!

Angela

thebigjimsho
03-12-12, 10:04 AM
I believe you can mount them easily enough. But, hooking up the electrics may prove dissatisfactory. The Recaros have seat cooling. No way to get those to work...

BeagleBrains
03-12-12, 09:50 PM
Backfitting the Recaro's into a 'V that came with standard seats sill prove difficult. They do not build a standard wiring harness with unused connections for swapping in the Recaro. Therefore, the installation may prove unsatisfactory because building connections, or back fitting a new Recaro specific wiring harness would be prohibitively expensive.

TTuned
03-13-12, 10:02 AM
I have them and think they are bulky clunky and sqeeky. Your better off just buying recaro or any sport seat from a catalog and bolting it in. I'm sure u can get something fancy and lighter more solid feeling for less money.
Something with a carbon fiber back would be cool like 911 seats.