: anyone ever have trouble with tsp

italianant02
03-11-12, 01:56 AM
hey guys,
I ordered a cam, pushrods, springs, oil pump, underdrive pulley and new timing chain and spockets from texes speed performance. Everything went well and customer service was great. I installed it all myself and went to east coast supercharging to get it tuned. It was all ok but i had a hard start issue. They informed me that i could have the wrong cam spocket and that sensor might not be picking it up poperly. well long story short i called tsp and they said yes they gave me the wrong cam spocket. They said they would pay for shipping for the new one to me and old one back but thats it. No labor no nothing. I don't want labor but i don't know maybe a gift card something cause i have to rip the motor back apart becuase they messed up. I work like 60 hours a week and only have an hour here or there after work. Am i being selfish or is there something they should do since they are admiting they screwed up?

PISNUOFF
03-11-12, 09:06 AM
I don't think you'll find any company that will reimburse you for labor. I wouldn't expect anything in terms of gift cards, etc. either.

italianant02
03-11-12, 11:51 AM
ok thanks i wasn't looking for labor just felt like it was their fault so they should do something, but i guess i was just being pissy lol. I'll stop the bitchin and get wrenchin.

CancerJCC
03-11-12, 07:40 PM
I'd probably just be happy they admitted that they sent you the wrong one. That definitely sucks though.

Oh5V
03-12-12, 09:12 PM
i bought stuff from them when i built my '01 SS. cam springs etc etc. All was good no issues BUT i did buy a "new" gm ls6 block from them as well, and turned out the cylinder liners were off center. So much so that you could clearly see the size difference from one side of the cylinder to the other. n I called them about it and eventually got a return authorization and finally a refund. They then said all the blocks they had looked like the one i sent back and it must have been fine. well, NO... 2 separate engine machine shops said the block would be "ok" for a stock rebuild but and performance build would kill it. So in the end, they were actually selling "new" GM blocks that had quality control issues... but never mentioned that. After that, I decided to buy any future parts elsewhere,