: Any experience with USARIM Platinum Wheels?

jkwext
03-10-12, 09:57 AM
Has anyone dealt with USARIM and their replica wheels by chance? I was looking to possibly pick up a set of their replica platinum wheels from them, but not sure if they are a legit company and if the rims would hold up???

www.usarim.com

FredS
03-10-12, 12:03 PM
Tirerack has replica 22's. With new sensors and OEM tires and shipping it cost me 2300

jkwext
03-10-12, 12:22 PM
I saw that, but I am looking for the Platinum wheels. I only saw the regular edition 22's on there.

ELUSIVE
03-10-12, 01:29 PM
I've been thinking of doing the same thing for snow tires. I'd be interested in anyone's feedback on USARim as well.

jkwext
03-22-12, 12:37 PM
Just as an update about USARIM. I called them on a Saturday because their website says they are open. A guy answered and sounded like he was at a motocross race. All I could hear were MX bikes screaming in the background. Obviously this is not an established company or they wouldn't be answering the phone at a dirtbike track. I guess it's nice that he took my call and was able to answer my questions for the most part, but again, I think this just shows what kind of business they run. I ended up buying OEM rims off of a friend. You can make your own choice...

jdubh25
03-22-12, 01:02 PM
I live about 20 min from their office/wherehouse and have also thought about getting some of the replica platinum wheels...if I do go there I will let you know more about them.

OEM PARTS DIRECT INC
03-23-12, 10:57 AM
Just as an update about USARIM. I called them on a Saturday because their website says they are open. A guy answered and sounded like he was at a motocross race. All I could hear were MX bikes screaming in the background. Obviously this is not an established company or they wouldn't be answering the phone at a dirtbike track. I guess it's nice that he took my call and was able to answer my questions for the most part, but again, I think this just shows what kind of business they run. I ended up buying OEM rims off of a friend. You can make your own choice...

I disagree with this statement. Just because he was at an event of some sort doesn't mean that they're not an established company. You have to consider the fact that on Saturday's, business is generally slow, say maybe 1-2 calls, so why would he work in the office all day when he could effectively answer the phones, send invoices, and reply to emails with a smart phone?

Just food for thought.

-Timmy

LAJ1987
03-23-12, 08:34 PM
I recently purchased a 2011 Platinum Escalade for my wife. She didnt like the wheels so they were removed after about 1000 miles and replaced. My plan was to put them on my EXT but I have not done so. They are in as new condition with the center caps and TPMS sensors included. They have the factory Bridgestone tires that are also basically new.

I would sell them for $3000. I would prefer not to ship them. Please PM me if you are interested or contact me @ laj21987@yahoo.com for pictures.

frank616
05-29-12, 03:40 PM
I actually live in Encinitas, about 20 mins. away from UsaRim's warehouse and went to visit them on the advice of a guy in the parts dept. (off record of course) at my local dealer -- for a lower cost alternative to factory rims. They have a giant warehouse, probably 30,000 feet and about 15 people working there. Everyone was nice for the most part and the wheels were great, lots of compliments on them. They gave me paperwork for a lifetime warranty and told me to come back within 30 days if there were any problems. I've had the wheels for about 4 months no and no complaint. Just my $.02. I'll try to get a picture up soon.

anhandrew
06-12-12, 05:50 PM
I just bought a set of Platinum rims from them. Very nice to deal with over the phone.

After install I did notice a little bubble under the chrome behind the cap. It's covered so i am not too worried about it.

Thanks,

Andrew

cane87
07-12-12, 12:06 PM
i am thinking of grabbing a pair of these also, seems everyone in my area has the the original 22" chrome rims and i barely see any plat rims set ups.I also dont like aftermarket rim look but i still would like to have my truck look semi different.

cane87
07-12-12, 02:26 PM
ok i bite the bullet and ordered these also.. i will keep everyone updated and let you know how it goes..they are priced to sell that for sure. lets see how they hold up

they have a 1 year warrenty on the chome peel

and a lifetime warrenty on defects, which doesnt cover the rim bending from pot holes etc.lets see

48Dodge
09-05-12, 04:24 PM
ok i bite the bullet and ordered these also.. i will keep everyone updated and let you know how it goes..they are priced to sell that for sure. lets see how they hold up

they have a 1 year warrenty on the chome peel

and a lifetime warrenty on defects, which doesnt cover the rim bending from pot holes etc.lets see

Just wondering if I could get some updates on the USARims from those that have had them for a while. I'm planning on getting new rims when it's time for new tires which will probably be about 6 months from now. Got to decide if I get the standard 22s or upgrade to the platinums. Any feedback is appreciated.

icaddy
07-03-13, 03:59 PM
I would like to upgrade to platinum wheels also. Seems USArim has the lowest price on market.