: Thinking about trading for a C5 Z06

lilred
03-09-12, 05:12 PM
I have a 2006 Infrared with black interior, FG2 shocks. 54k miles. Never wrecked, female driven, extra clean. Dealer replaced diff right after we bought it due to low humming noise. What should I ask a dealer for trade in?

rand49er
03-09-12, 09:52 PM
Dealer will try to get it for $16k-ish (or less) I'd expect. Any chance you'd entertain selling it personally? Bet you could get over $20k for certain. $4k is a lot of money ... well, for most of us, anyway.

s1appy
03-09-12, 11:20 PM
I just traded in my C5 Z06 for a V. :cool2: You won't be disappointed with the Z06, I absolutely loved mine.

lilred
03-10-12, 11:22 AM
Yeah I was thinking I'd like to get 20k for it. And I am looking at Z06's in the 22-23k range. I may have to go the private sales route.

rand49er
03-10-12, 07:04 PM
Is it possible to put it in the garage and not drive to keep it clean? My experience has been clean cars may not fetch much more, but they sell quicker.

I went to look at a car one time, and the guy had it in his garage all clean with a cover on it. It was like an unveiling when he took it off and gave the impression that it was super-well cared for. I now use the same trick when I sell a car. Clean it within an inch of its life, and stick it in the garage with a cover on it. When the prospective buyer comes to look at it, they're quietly awed.

lilred
03-10-12, 08:32 PM
Is it possible to put it in the garage and not drive to keep it clean? My experience has been clean cars may not fetch much more, but they sell quicker.

I went to look at a car one time, and the guy had it in his garage all clean with a cover on it. It was like an unveiling when he took it off and gave the impression that it was super-well cared for. I now use the same trick when I sell a car. Clean it within an inch of its life, and stick it in the garage with a cover on it. When the prospective buyer comes to look at it, they're quietly awed.

That's awesome. Yes we can keep it in the garage. My wife is OCD about it so the inside is immaculate. I have Zaino'ed the exterior and of course you could eat off the engine bay. We don't have a cover but from the sounds of things it could be worth picking one up.

cincyenginerd
03-11-12, 01:17 AM
I don't want to seem too forward, but what part of the country are you in? I'm starting the search for a V, and would love to talk more if you're close enough...

lilred
03-11-12, 12:58 PM
I don't want to seem too forward, but what part of the country are you in? I'm starting the search for a V, and would love to talk more if you're close enough...

I'm in Northern Virginia, specifically Ashburn. I'm just starting my search for a Z06 so let me know if you want to look at the car. No pressure.

cincyenginerd
03-12-12, 10:03 PM
I'm in Northern Virginia, specifically Ashburn. I'm just starting my search for a Z06 so let me know if you want to look at the car. No pressure.

Dang, a little too far for a drive from Detroit!

WakikiVee
03-13-12, 02:00 AM
Never too far to go for a V! I looked at and picked mine up from Kansas City...and I live in HONOLULU!

Overd0s3
03-13-12, 02:23 AM
I know a guy looking for a mint CTS-V if you want PM me your info and I'll relay it to him. He offered me good money for mine but shit I drove it today windows down and felt 6 years old on Christmas Day some things money can't buy

lilred
03-13-12, 01:36 PM
So was talking to the wife last night about going to test drive the Z06 and she got cold feet, doesn't want to give up her car. I will keep working on it :devil:

Thomas M
03-13-12, 01:50 PM
I'm in Sterling and have a friend who is looking for a V. You should be able to sell it locally for just over 20 without issue. I think 15-16K from the dealer is about what you would get. Shoot me your contact info and a picture of the car and I will get you in touch with my friend.