Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2012 NAV Disc available at gmnavdisc.com

30K views 186 replies 39 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
If anyone was eagerly awaiting the new update it's available. I'm assuming it's for 2009 and up Vs. Part No. 22853812

#2 ·
Ok, thanks. I'm was waiting for the "notification e-mail". I'll double check before I order it now. Yep, that's what I read, and it's on its way. Wow, do they make sure you know there are no refunds, huh???????? Thanks again!

#3 ·
I'm kind of crazy about updates, so I keep checking. Last year I remember I signed up for the notification too and realized it came back on sale a day or so before the email was sent. This time I didn't get an email but I think I caught it the day it went back on sale. I'm trying to wait because last year there was a sale on Father's Day, $50 off. I hope I can restrain myself for that long...

I'm sure they'll help if you have an issue with a disc. I didn't have an issue with the one I bought last year....

#6 ·
If anyone could send a copy of the disc when they are done with it, that would be excellent, Ill put in the new files into the hacked usb version that is circulating around.

#11 ·
If anyone has one of these usb keys, please pm me. I could use one.

#14 ·
What ever happened to adding gridlines to the rearview camera?

#15 ·
I had gotten that to work, But it is anoying and doesnt look right so i turned it back off in the updates.

I THINK i found out another thing i can add into the files. It is a menu that people can press to turn on and off the rear camera output.. Ill try that out on monday after im done with the turbo build for a customer.. That is top priority right now.

#17 ·
I ordered my disc (they didn't ask for my VIN this year?) and got an email saying it was shipped March 9. Every time I checked tracking, I was told "no information." Today I checked tracking and it said, "Electronic information received, but that doesn't mean item was given to USPS" or words to that effect.

WTF? Was it shipped March 9 or not????? And they charge over $15 for shipping and handling for a disc??????????

Mike

#18 ·
LOL that is crazy over 2 hours! With the usb way, it only takes 8~ minutes! Crazy. As soon as i get a disc with the new stuff, ill re release another group of usb sticks to people. I just have to figure out a way to make it so those usb sticks keep going... I dont think any of the others are floating around anymore???????

#20 ·
They only ask for the VIN after you get it, and need to load it with a code number. It says "follow the instructions", but just call the GM number right away, and cut to the chase.

----------

Jessie, should I send it to your business address now?

#21 ·
Sure that would be fine. Put your PayPal addy in the package as well so I can pay you for the disk. Thanks

#26 ·
Just a heads up...if you buy the new disc and intend to install it on a weekend, you better call the gmnavdisc number to get your "authorization number" to install the disc during normal business hours M-F. THEY ARE CLOSED ON THE WEEKENDS, so you can't get an authorization number until the following Monday.

Mike (wishes they had required my VIN when I ordered like they did last year, with no need for the authorization number)

#29 ·
wait4me said:
LOL that is crazy over 2 hours! With the usb way, it only takes 8~ minutes! Crazy. As soon as i get a disc with the new stuff, ill re release another group of usb sticks to people. I just have to figure out a way to make it so those usb sticks keep going... I dont think any of the others are floating around anymore???????
Jessie I'd be happy to send a few new USB drives to you...if it'd help.
All I'd need to know is what type/size you'd like, an address and I'll dispatch them to you.

#31 ·
^^^ - I had that happen to me one time. Turned out that they had sent me the same edition of the, "program", that was already installed. It has to be an update to the existing program, or it won't install. Make sure the disc they sent is a 2012 edition of the software. They were good about letting me swap the disc they sent with one that WAS really an update, at no additional cost. The new disc I received installed fine with no problems ...

Rob

#32 ·
I bought mine late last week... I generally like to at least buy one year before I start looking for alternatives installations! :)

I did have to enter in my VIN to place the order though. Did others not have to?

Does that mean I may not need a special auth via phone call before I can install it? The discs are suppose to arrive Thursday.

#34 ·
For those that have already installed the 2012 update, does the update continue, if not completed, each time the ignition is turned on even though you are listening to the radio or auxiliary input and don't press the "DISC" button each time?

Jud

----------

I was prompted for an authorization code and had to call them to get one. I had to give them my VIN over the phone. There may be some differences in the procedure depending on the model year of your car.

Jud

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.