: GMOS-06 question

jubylives
03-08-12, 06:53 PM
I am looking to put in an aftermarket stereo. I see this is the wiring harness to use. I see there are RCA connectors on this harness. What are these for? In my 2002 Deville I have only the one connector in my car and there is no RCA connectors to connect this to. Any help would be appreciated. I have also seen Amazon hasdirt cheap connectors for this car and I thought about using one of those as I do nat at all miss the lack of the chime.

ESCALADE200224
03-09-12, 06:21 PM
More likely it's to add a aftermarket amp for subwoofers.

jubylives
03-10-12, 09:23 PM
Ah I see. I don't really need that as my new CD player already has that. I picked up this GWH346 thing and I am thinking of trying it. I don't really need the chime and I have been driving for weeks with the stereo unplugged and everything seems fin unplugged. Maybe this will work. Anyone try one of these harnesses?

ESCALADE200224
03-12-12, 03:18 AM
I've used PAC and peripheral but not the gmos's.

jubylives
03-12-12, 09:03 AM
Ive not heard about those. Do you have part numbers? Id be interested in looking into cheaper options if they are indeed cheaper. Did you have to do any rewiring?

ESCALADE200224
03-12-12, 11:49 AM
I know of this company which I love allot: axxess which makes a gmos-6. That will work with your car. You will not need to do any splicing to factory radio wiring. The gmos can be found here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_12903_Axxess-GMOS-06.html

The PAC one can be found here:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7662_PAC-OS2-GM32.html

jubylives
03-14-12, 07:00 AM
Here is another question. Are these really needed to get a aftermarket deck installed and does anyone know where i can find a wiring diagram of the wires coming from the car? I am abit perplexed by the wires.

ESCALADE200224
03-14-12, 11:09 AM
You need at least one of them. Without one the stereo amp and other car audio will never turn on. Here's the wiring diagram for your car:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-cadillac-deville-car-radio-wiring-guide/

jubylives
03-14-12, 12:20 PM
I see. That wiring diagram I have seen before but there are not that many wires there. I have three wires that are bare stranded wire inside a clear rubber tube.

ESCALADE200224
03-14-12, 12:42 PM
If all the wires on the diagram are able to find on that diagram I wouldn't worry about the others. In my 02 escalade I had extra wires when I used some different method for its wires are complicated. In my 05 however almost all wires were used if I recall. If you use the PAC unit I definitely know you won't be splicing any of the factory wires. You will be pluging in the wires into the unit without splicing. You will be connecting wires from the PAC unit to the hu and you will be instructed how when you get the unit.

jubylives
03-14-12, 02:51 PM
So how are the speakers wired exactly? They arent seperately amplified are they or are they powered by the HU?. I am not going to use the stock sub as it it shot anyway and I am going to add a sub later on too.

ESCALADE200224
03-14-12, 07:48 PM
The speakers should be powered off a amp. You can re reroute them too the hu if you like.

80Biarritz
04-03-12, 03:12 PM
The RCA's are there because you need to plug them into the Audio Pre Outs on your new Head Unit so the Signal gets to the Factory Bose amp. the other end of the harness is where it plugs into the car. you will Also need an ASWC to make your Steering wheel controls work. if your new head Unit does not have RCA Pre-outs, then you need to get a converter to install between your Head unit wiring harness and the GMOS

ThumperPup
04-03-12, 07:16 PM
You need at least one of them. Without one the stereo amp and other car audio will never turn on. Here's the wiring diagram for your car:

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2002-cadillac-deville-car-radio-wiring-guide/

the op can also try to hook the stock HU up in the trunk or under a seat or in the glove box if it iwill fit or somewher eand run a long plug that will have to be made to the proper size i don't know exactly hwo its done but others have done this

ESCALADE200224
04-03-12, 09:13 PM
That sounds like more work then needed that's why I don't suggest that.

Genius
04-10-12, 10:14 AM
I just installed an aftermarket HU and amp + sub without using the stock HU, works great. I used the GMOS-06 as well. :cool2: