: Key fob parts

imachap
03-08-12, 05:49 PM
Does anyone know where you can get key fob parts? I'd like to replace my case with the newer rectangular one without having to buy a new fob.

Playdrv4me
03-08-12, 10:23 PM
Are you saying that you want to take the internals of your fob and put them in the case of the new style fob? Because if so that probably work, the internal circuit board inside the old style fob is a different layout than the new one. Besides, the parts cost would be higher than just buying a good condition used fob on Ebay and reprogramming it.

imachap
03-10-12, 02:27 PM
Are you saying that you want to take the internals of your fob and put them in the case of the new style fob? Because if so that probably work, the internal circuit board inside the old style fob is a different layout than the new one. Besides, the parts cost would be higher than just buying a good condition used fob on Ebay and reprogramming it.

Just took them apart. Won't work.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-14-12, 10:36 PM
Hi imachap,

I just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to resolve your query! If you haven't found a resolution yet, I would suggest checking with with your dealer to explore your options.

Please keep us updated,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FredS
03-16-12, 07:10 AM
+1 buy new style fob and add programing. I have a June 06 build running the new style with remote start long range. Not sure if it was already stock.