: 2007 EXT Engine Noise (Not Piston Slap)

Maliburider
03-08-12, 03:24 PM
Hello, I have a 2007 EXT with right at 100k miles. IT has been great for me other than wind noise and door rattle. It recently developed a squeek kind of noise in the engine that you can here down below louder. It goes away with a little acceleration but you can still here something. It was pretty bad but then quieted down for about a week. The engine seems to run fine i think. It has full power and is smooth idleing for the most part. But the weird part is you can hear the noise out the tail pipe too. Does anyone have any idea? Thank you in advance!!

----------

Oh one more thing, it doesnt change whether the truck is warmed up or not.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-08-12, 04:19 PM
Sorry to hear that, Maliburider! Are you considering taking it to the dealership for diagnosis? I'm sure you will get some great feedback from forum members, and please keep us updated if you reach a resolution.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

bruin300
03-08-12, 05:11 PM
I have a 2008 Escalade. I took the car in for some warranty work. I advised them of a similar squeaky noise. It turned out to be the air conditioning belt. The belt was fine, so I didn't have it replaced. After picking up the truck from the dealer the noise is gone.

Maliburider
03-12-12, 10:02 AM
Thank you for the responses. I removed the main serpantine belt and ran the motor and the noise still exists. It sounds more internal to the motor. But i would think if it was a bearing noise like main or rod bearings then the noise would not come and go. Also i got a check engine light this weekend with a P0308: Cylinder 8 Misfire Detected code. May or may not be related. Wasnt there a valve problem of some sort with the 2007s?

K9Caddy
03-12-12, 10:07 AM
Probably needs plugs and wires. When was the last time they were replaced?

Maliburider
03-12-12, 05:47 PM
I did plugs and wires at 80k.

K9Caddy
03-12-12, 05:56 PM
Might have a bad coil pack too? I'd pull the plugs and have them checked..

ZR1-638HP
03-13-12, 07:54 AM
If it is a Squeek, maybe something has come loose, exhaust system pipe etc.
and is rubbing on something, since you can hear it at the end of the exhaust.