: Need TSB 06-08-64-012 for wind whisling noise drivers mirror

cutterman
03-06-12, 06:31 AM
Hi All
I have a 2011 Escalade with the whistling noise around the driver's mirror. The above TSB may help me get it fixed, but I cannot get a copy of it from Alldata since it applies to the 2006 model. Tried google search with no luck. Can anybody help me out?
Thanks much

Rolex
03-06-12, 03:57 PM
:moved: to 07+ Escalade.

RippyPartsDept
03-06-12, 04:27 PM
there is no way that a TSB for a 2006 escalade can apply to a 2007+ escalade

they are two totally different vehicles - nothing is the same

kazza93203
03-07-12, 12:15 AM
Thats why he asking for it! Hes trying to get it for a 2011 and is coming up with 06 models, which isnt what hes looking for! You guys need to stop trying to be on the ball and focus on what hes asking for! What are forums for if everybodys trying to correct everybody with irratic comments.....:thepan:

cutterman
03-07-12, 06:28 AM
Just to clarify things here, I know the TSB was for 2006 models, and it probably wont help me. However, I have searched through the posts on wind noise, and there seem to be others with the same problem I have (whistling sound around driver's mirror). In one of the threads the solution was pointed to in that TSB.

So I am just trying to follow a lead. If someone can help- that would be great.
Thanks

RippyPartsDept
03-07-12, 10:34 AM
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/110383-all-links-all-posts-07-wind.html

here's the collection of forum threads for these 2007+ wind issues

i have heard that the last link in that first post is the best of the best

there's also a link further down in the comments that also might be worth checking out
(maybe it's been moved up into that first post, i didn't check)

----------

and another thought... if you've got a 2011 why not just let your dealer fix it?

or are you trying to get a TSB to help facilitate the repair at the dealer?

if there is a bulletin it is probably just going to say replace the window frames

as far as I know the problem is that the small seal that is made to the back side of the window frames sometimes is either not seated properly from the factory or just not sealing good or worn down possibly

those other links in that thread are probably just going to help out the DIYer and might not contain any TSBs

cutterman
03-07-12, 12:23 PM
Chris, appreciate your input. I was hoping it might be a DIY fix, so was looking for info from the 2006 TSB. Problem is the noise is intermittent, usually subtle, and most often occurs at 80mph+ speeds, so chances are the dealer would not reproduce it at this point.

RippyPartsDept
03-07-12, 12:50 PM
ah, well there's a ton of info in those links in that thread I posted ... good luck!

cutterman
03-07-12, 01:05 PM
I know, that's where I got the link to the TSB ;)

pmexpert
03-07-12, 03:46 PM
Thanx a lot for the really useful info!