: LED Foglights?

canuck9
03-05-12, 11:18 PM
I've read a number of posts about LED foglights so the light emitted better matches the Xenon headlamps...a very cool mod. However, almost every thread relating to this subject doesn't give me a clear part number or website to order some from...when you click links it takes you to websites with long drop down menus/choices...and I don't know which is which?

Can someone help me out? I take it these also aren't too hard to install?

Thanks
Michael

FFBOS
03-06-12, 12:11 AM
Sharp HID on the right banner sells them I believe. I think the part # is H-11.....6000K for color

I took off the front tires and popped off the plastic push pins. Reached my hand inside the front liner from the wheel well and installed that way.

LitiGATOR
03-06-12, 01:16 AM
LED and HID are two different things.

Mikes2009V
03-06-12, 09:57 PM
I just purchased the sharp hid fog lights. Haven't installed them yet but from previous threads I have read they are easy to install and cost was only $55. I also purchased the led bulbs and converted the interior lights. Makes a huge difference. For fog lights you want HID (high intensity discharge), not LED (light emitting diode). The 6000k HID fogs are supposed to closely resemble the factory HID low beams. Can send you a pic after I install them.

sfv41901
03-06-12, 11:40 PM
Here's the deal......LEDs look pretty cool, use less energy, but have a high failure rate due to heat (LEDs hate heat & have premature failure ), unless they have a good heat sink.

Here is a pic I took of a gen2 CTS taillight.....more specific the reverse light. Notice the heat sink. These aren't even used nearly as long as the got lights....right.

http://i124.photobucket.com/albums/p12/sfv41901/CTS/IMAG0466.jpg

But if u must have LEDs, you can buy a set of H11 LEDs from the following:

www.v-leds.com
www.superbrightleds.com
www.store.jdmtoy.com

But just do ur home work. Do a search & u will see people saying that they replaced their interior lights to LEDs had had them fail within 6-12 months.

Look into either hoen or HIDs.

If u go with HIDs, go to www.sharphids.com or talk to Matt here:

www.theretrofitsource.com

Tell him Sean (user id: sfv41901) from hidplanet referred u.