: 09-12 hood style on 04-07 cts-v

jtacmartin
03-05-12, 11:12 PM
!!!!VENDORS!!!!

Why cant I find a note under a nerds keyboard on the subject of the 09+ hood on 04-07 CTS-V! Why cant we get a aftermarket one for the 04-07? I love the suto grand national look of the lsa powered CTS-V and want someone to make a good quality exact match!, I do not want a flat grampa hood any more, I dont want a ricer hood that has the 2 vent evo looking thing. Had an Evo, awsome car would have kept it if I wanted a hood as such as the speterworks (no ding on them but not my style). Also the cowl hood comes so close to what this car needs but honestly buy a camaro or any first gen gm if you want to rock that look. I SAY MAKE A LSA STYLE HOOD FOR THE LS6/LS2 CARS CAUSE ITS THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

P.S. If you build it they will come

6 SPEED Z
03-06-12, 10:06 AM
I had that same thought, and wondered if you could graft the raised center section of the '09 hood with the outer surrounding of the '04-07 hood.

jtacmartin
03-06-12, 12:17 PM
Im sure it could be done but at a higher cost then a pre fabbed hood. I just think it would be a logical route for a vendor to make a product like that as these cars are getting cheep enough for 22-35 year old crowd who tend to spend money on these things. I know because I bought mine a month ago and had a magnacharger, LPE intake and LPE shifter on it before my perminate plates arrived. point is I want it so I know others do to. I will work with a vendor and pay for one to be made over the next few months if they are willing to get their feet wet. Soon the V2 will have 5 time more available for it then the V1... and its more expensive then the average joe has for this type of hobbie. I.E. less profitable to mess with the V2 over the V1 right now. Maybe they havent looked at V1 prices but they are in the used mustang gto neighborhood, and we all know the massive aftermarket availability for thoughs cars. Even when I had my 03 lightning I had more choices. So you cant tell me it was production numbers killing the market. Sorry tangent but its pernant.

6 SPEED Z
03-06-12, 12:46 PM
Yea putting two hoods together is kind of extreme, but you get my point. I too would like a V2 style hood for a V1 as well!!

thebigjimsho
03-06-12, 02:17 PM
The V1 has sharp, classic lines. I always was against any other hoods for that reason. Also, because I didn't want to weigh my V down with heavier materials. All show, less go...

jtacmartin
03-07-12, 12:08 AM
maybe this should be moved to a poll thread of some sort? all in favor say I! if not well I guess its a free country... ish. Modorators could you help and make this a poll thread I am at a loss as how to manage that.

Overd0s3
03-09-12, 12:49 AM
this hood is pretty sweet its what got me looking into CTSVs like 4 years ago , well caught my eye at least
http://www.spectergtr.com/hires/Cadillac/Specter_Gen1_CTS_V_3m.jpg

RADEoN
03-10-12, 06:01 PM
Yeah that hood looks nasty. Do want.

mberisha
03-11-12, 11:27 AM
The V1 has sharp, classic lines. I always was against any other hoods for that reason. Also, because I didn't want to weigh my V down with heavier materials. All show, less go...

True dat....hood is lite and gtg....put more UNDER the hood....not IN the h00d.....

jtacmartin
03-12-12, 12:13 AM
not to sound like a rich snob because if I want somthing I just work harder for it... but since I have 460 at the wheels already the go is there and if I want more I will just get more so why is it wrong to have bolth looks and speed. Anyone willing to give up looks is lying to them selves, its like saying Im fine with a 190 lbs chick from the trailerpark who loves burger king cause she cooks and cleans. Well sorry I want and can have Jessica Alba/Biel... (Insert hot actress hear if you have a prefrance)***disclaimer making comparison to cars*** O and she cooks and cleans for me as well.

P.S. My wife is hot cooks and cleans but If your reading this Jessica (either) and want the job Im sure my wife can learn to share.

thebigjimsho
03-12-12, 11:26 AM
not to sound like a rich snob because if I want somthing I just work harder for it... but since I have 460 at the wheels already the go is there and if I want more I will just get more so why is it wrong to have bolth looks and speed. Anyone willing to give up looks is lying to them selves, its like saying Im fine with a 190 lbs chick from the trailerpark who loves burger king cause she cooks and cleans. Well sorry I want and can have Jessica Alba/Biel... (Insert hot actress hear if you have a prefrance)***disclaimer making comparison to cars*** O and she cooks and cleans for me as well.

P.S. My wife is hot cooks and cleans but If your reading this Jessica (either) and want the job Im sure my wife can learn to share.

I love how your analogy involves a heavy chick, when adding a hood is bloatware. Pretty bloatware, but still bloatware...

VisBoss550
03-17-12, 07:03 PM
its a great idea has anyone gotten a final product out of the two hoods i would love to see a final product!!! and i want the cowl hood on the lingenfelter pic but cant find it anywhere.....

06BlackV
03-19-12, 03:10 AM
its a great idea has anyone gotten a final product out of the two hoods i would love to see a final product!!! and i want the cowl hood on the lingenfelter pic but cant find it anywhere.....

http://www.spectergtr.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=3202010&Product_Code=SWS10409701&Category_Code=C393

TheLostDriver
05-01-12, 01:57 PM
I think that hood needs to be a tad bit higher but I guess it's the best we have available

LAYGO
05-01-12, 03:00 PM

Do they have dictionaries in your rich snob neighborhood?