: Advice Needed - Getting into a newer model

fivepix
03-05-12, 06:19 PM
I've been debating if I want to purchase another Escalate or switch to a CTS (or another sedan). My current Escalade is the first SUV I've ever owned and so far I love it... I'm leaning towards upgrading to a newer model but have never gone through the process can you guys give me some advice?

I have an 07 Escalade under 83 Kilometer (Canadian :) ) with GM Extended Warranty. I'm also currently financing the vehicle. I'd like to get into a 2011 or maybe even a 2012.

What steps should I expect?
what should I avoid?
How do I maximize the trade-in value of my current Escalade?
Would it be as easy as simply trading my current vehicle or would I need to a down payment and or other fees or would it all that be just added to my finance plan?

Thanks in advance!

BlownEscalade
03-05-12, 07:46 PM
Personally I would try selling your Escalade privately. You will get bare bones for a trade in on your 07. Whatever you can get on a private sale, take off $10-15k and that's what you'd get on a trade in. I would estimate you would get max $18k from a dealer. I just sold my 2010 Range Rover for 89k and dealers were offering me 62k on a trade in. Might be worth your time to sell it yourself.

Ghost Deany
03-05-12, 08:37 PM
Trade for the CTS? Why? Dont do it. Get another Escalade. I traded my 04 Escalade for the 08 CTS, and 4 months later traded the 08 CTS for the 07 Escalade. Im not a huge guy, but being cramped up in the CTS i just couldn't do it even though I think its a great car.

kars79
03-06-12, 02:58 AM
I've been debating if I want to purchase another Escalate or switch to a CTS (or another sedan). My current Escalade is the first SUV I've ever owned and so far I love it... I'm leaning towards upgrading to a newer model but have never gone through the process can you guys give me some advice?

I have an 07 Escalade under 83 Kilometer (Canadian :) ) with GM Extended Warranty. I'm also currently financing the vehicle. I'd like to get into a 2011 or maybe even a 2012.

What steps should I expect?
what should I avoid?
How do I maximize the trade-in value of my current Escalade?
Would it be as easy as simply trading my current vehicle or would I need to a down payment and or other fees or would it all that be just added to my finance plan?

Thanks in advance!

I traded my 07 escalade with 08 cts and after 4 months I traded with 08 escalade.
Upgrade your escalade if you can to a newer model or wait a year and few month then you can get a new body style escalade which I think would be a great looking truck.
I thought about trading my 09 escalade to a cts-v or Audi a7 but after few rounds of test drive decided to stay with escalade.
If you could keep your escalade and get a cts or another sedan that will be nice.
Also check out Infiniti g37 sedan.
I owned one couple years ago and they are way ahead of cts.

Playdrv4me
03-06-12, 05:40 AM
I don't know if Autotrader has Instant Trade In available in Canada, but they really REALLY over value Escalades right now. I sold my '07 with 69k and NO third row a few months ago via Autotrader Instant Trade in for $28000.00. The HIGHEST straight dealer offer I got at the time was 25 and most were 22-24.

Basically, Instant Trade In takes your basic vehicle info, the exact condition you give and compares it against auction data, retail sales and other market data they use. It gives you an offer on the spot, then has you finish the transaction at a pre-determined list of dealerships in your area. Some dealers will guarantee the offer on trade, others as a check on the spot. If the dealer doesn't want to keep the vehicle, they sell it to an Autotrader rep at the auction.

2007XTSDub
03-06-12, 07:29 AM
Check Canadian black book. On the site you can find out trade in value private sale value. Same as above poster mentioned.

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-06-12, 11:25 AM
Hi, Fivepix!

Many factors decide the trade-in value of a vehicle: mileage, exterior/ interior condition, features, and model popularity. The trade-in value of your vehicle is ultimately set by the dealership based on the local market.

You may find the following sites very helpful if you haven't already explored them; however, General Motors does not endorse or maintain these sites and is not responsible for any of their contents.

kbb.com (you can click "What's my current car worth" > "I plan to trade it in" > input your Escalade info > "Values Outside the United States" for assistance)

Edmunds.com

Have fun car shopping,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

fivepix
03-06-12, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with you guys about staying with an Escalade, as much as I love zooming around in a sedan I love this truck!

I checked Canadian Black Book and they estimate the truck at around $28,553 CAD (low) to $31,378 CAD (high), I could definably get more on a private sale.

Thanks for all the input!

Cheers!