: im sick of our crappy escalade.......

we11s05
03-05-12, 01:42 PM
This thing is a giant POS. Windnoise all the time I don't think it can be fixed, had new front struts put in and still getting service stabilitrac. I washed it the other day and it looked like a bubble machine when I put the soap on it, how embarrasing. What a hunk of junk. I will never buy another cadillac as long as I live.

PeteKT
03-05-12, 03:05 PM
Sorry your not happy, have you been back to the dealership to complain about your problems?

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-05-12, 03:54 PM
This thing is a giant POS. Windnoise all the time I don't think it can be fixed, had new front struts put in and still getting service stabilitrac. I washed it the other day and it looked like a bubble machine when I put the soap on it, how embarrasing. What a hunk of junk. I will never buy another cadillac as long as I live.
I'm so sorry to hear that, we11s05! As Pete suggested above me, I would recommend taking these issues up with your Cadillac dealer. If you would like me to call and schedule an appointment for you or if you would like me to investigate any particular issue, I would be happy to assist. If you're comfortable providing your email address, I can email you a request for more details (name, VIN, dealer) so I can investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Rolex
03-05-12, 09:05 PM
I'm glad this forum exists so people can come and ventilate about their frustrations. Even people that buy 60,000+ mile used vehicles with problems and expect it to be perfect because it's a Cadillac.

Good luck getting your issues addressed OP. If you had researched before you decided to buy, you'd have seen the wind noise issue was a common problem in the 07 model year.

I hope you get your problems fixed. By your own admission Cadillac has taken good care of you, and I hope that continues.

CASTANO1
03-05-12, 10:03 PM
I also have a huge wind noise in my 07. i cant even talk on the phone while in the car. I wish I could get some help to get these fixed. My local dealer wants over $800 to fix two of the window trims out.

MrHolland
03-05-12, 10:36 PM
Ill help you
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/110383-all-links-all-posts-07-wind.html

The last thread at the bottom of the page is the most recent and seems to have worked for some. Good luck!!

thebigpunn
03-05-12, 11:51 PM
I go back and fourth on my feelings about Cadillac. Its expensive and minor things should not be an issue. But, I know the more electonics on any car means more issues. One thing about Escalades is that the value stays up. I could not find a decent 07 for under $30,000 until I lucked upon one! I say if your not happy someone will gladly buy it from you.

hcvone
03-06-12, 06:37 AM
I would like to hear more about the bubble machine. :)
And the strut thing too, my Escalade's have shocks. ;)

krieghoff
03-06-12, 09:46 AM
If I was looking at this forum thinking about buying a Cadillac Escalade or ESV I would never buy a 2007! IMO

we11s05
03-06-12, 10:03 AM
Sorry just had to vent. Yea if I would have found this site and read everything I would have never bought it. I was under the impression that cadillac was the best hands down.
60,000 miles is not a lot of miles for a newer vehicle. I have a 2009 silverado with almost 60,000 and its been beat up in the oilfield and it is better than the escalade, it don't have wind noise, the front shocks or struts whatever they wanna call them ain't leaking, and it ain't no bubble machine at the car wash either.

SouthernCaddy
03-06-12, 05:02 PM
If I was looking at this forum thinking about buying a Cadillac Escalade or ESV I would never buy a 2007! IMO

Dont know about the rest but my 2007 Escalade ESV has 112,000 on it now and still runs great. No wind noise and I havent had any. The truck is great and I love my wipers. I love the entire truck. The 2007 are not bad. Just a few on here keeps having the same problems. Sometimes it more of a people problem than a truck problem. Again I love my 07 and would buy another on in a heart beat if it was available.

bstiffmanofsteel
03-06-12, 06:47 PM
I have a 2007 EXT that I constantly take on the road. Its my daily driver, minimal issues in 2 years heavy driving. My previous Escalade was a trooper for 4 years! When you buy them used, you have to be ready for a few surprises! Look it over carefully!

Playdrv4me
03-07-12, 12:33 AM
LOL, Escalade problems, EVEN on our last 2007 were a piece of cake compared to my Mercedes. Our '07 had some wind noise but it wasn't terrible, and I wish we'd have kept it (which is why I went to a Lexus LS430 and then right back to ANOTHER '08 Escalade). Owed a lot less on the '07, and it was virtually the same thing.

quattrotman
03-07-12, 12:46 AM
I want to hear more about this 'bubble machine' problem. What exactly happens and how can I re-create this problem on my escalade?...I think my kids would love it! :)

imachap
03-07-12, 09:56 AM
So what is the difference in the 2007 and newer models that got rid of the wind noise?

Playdrv4me
03-08-12, 01:18 AM
So what is the difference in the 2007 and newer models that got rid of the wind noise?

Theories range from poorly installed windshields, to mis-aligned doors and more. By mid-2008 whatever the manufacturing inconsistencies were that resulted in most of these had been resolved.

K9Caddy
03-08-12, 02:37 AM
I'm really starting to believe it is the windshield. I was involved in a collision, in which the airbags broke the windshield during impact. I thought the truck was going to be worse after all the repairs, it is actually quieter at higher speeds. I can drive 80+ with no apparent wind noise anymore.

we11s05
03-09-12, 02:14 PM
Here are the steps to make your own Escalade bubble machine.

Step 1. Buy 2007 Escalade from anywhere.
Step 2. Go to local car wash not a drive thru!
Step 3. Turn A/C on high!!
Step 4. Get out and put $1.00 in quarters in machine and turn selector to SOAP.
Step 5. Spray and Enjoy!!!!

Darrens_LS-5
03-09-12, 10:34 PM
Just for the record, I have a 2007 Escalade EXT with just over 160,000 on it and cant find a Dam thing wrong with it. Air-ride works No wind noise no rattles or whistles everything works perfect includeing the Heated Wiper Option that I Refused to let Cadillac remove... Maybe I lucked out and got a good one... :cool2:
Darren.

quattrotman
03-10-12, 02:10 AM

Lol!

PeteKT
03-10-12, 02:03 PM
Just for the record, I have a 2007 Escalade EXT with just over 160,000 on it and cant find a Dam thing wrong with it. Air-ride works No wind noise no rattles or whistles everything works perfect includeing the Heated Wiper Option that I Refused to let Cadillac remove... Maybe I lucked out and got a good one... :cool2:
Darren.

I have a 2008 EXT and never had a problem with mine, Wish the tires werent so expensive to replace :) although i only have 25K miles on mine its never had an issue and when ive had small issues the dealer has taken care of me without a problem and i always get a new Yukon or tahoe as a rental .

Punmax
03-10-12, 07:19 PM
160K on mine, and it's been a champ.

ESCALADE132
03-10-12, 07:54 PM
Love my Escalade!

k-shawn
03-10-12, 08:33 PM
X2.......2008 thur 2011 some owners have the same wind noise issue. I have a 2007 with 55,000 miles on her and I don't have wind noise & no piston slap issues either. I would buy a 2007 escalade again, but I'm waiting for hcvone too trade his 2012 in next year lol.

Dont know about the rest but my 2007 Escalade ESV has 112,000 on it now and still runs great. No wind noise and I havent had any. The truck is great and I love my wipers. I love the entire truck. The 2007 are not bad. Just a few on here keeps having the same problems. Sometimes it more of a people problem than a truck problem. Again I love my 07 and would buy another on in a heart beat if it was available.

krieghoff
03-10-12, 09:02 PM
My 2008 ESV is the best vehicle I have ever owned!

FredS
03-11-12, 07:58 AM

What's your point here? Our vehicle is nearly airtight with the only air leaving through the window sills.

Turn off the ac while washing the car.

First1
03-20-12, 03:53 PM
My 07 Tahoe did the same thing .........That happens with first year production.

hcvone
03-20-12, 04:24 PM
X2.......2008 thur 2011 some owners have the same wind noise issue. I have a 2007 with 55,000 miles on her and I don't have wind noise & no piston slap issues either. I would buy a 2007 escalade again, but I'm waiting for hcvone too trade his 2012 in next year lol.

No I am keeping these forever ;), ok maybe until 2013 anyway

jsherid1
03-20-12, 06:15 PM
Our 2007 has been great, no issues apart from a pair of doorhandles that needed to be replaced.

Compare that with my former 2005 Jaguar that had two air suspension failures and a TPS failure that required replacing the throttle body and a headliner that started sagging immediately after the three year warranty expired. My 2006 Carrera has had to have the rear main seal on the engine replaced in addition to a few electrical bugs (and it is only driven 3-5,000 miles a year in sunny weather). The 2007 BMW M6 has had it's share of issues as well, ranging from interior trim pieces shedding their "soft feel" paint, an iDrive that has needed reprogramming twice, suspension bushes failing and an oil leak, in addition to a windshield molding that has deteriorated dramatically despite the car being in a garage for 95% of it's life.

The bottom line is that modern luxury vehicles are very complex devices and things do deteriorate with age despite care--our Cadillacs have been significantly better than our other cars in terms of durability.

cadmanchris
03-21-12, 10:10 PM
My Escalade has 151k on it and I love it. Adding Bluetooth, 2012 console, and heated/cooled cup holders made it even more enjoyable. Best truck I've owned.

lee88
03-21-12, 11:54 PM
My Escalade has 151k on it and I love it. Adding Bluetooth, 2012 console, and heated/cooled cup holders made it even more enjoyable. Best truck I've owned.

Where did you order the console from?

h2kool4tn
03-22-12, 10:36 PM
I do experience some wind noise, but only at 95 mph and above.... the cure? roll down the windows and back up at 95 mph, you'll think you just lost your hearings. :)

lousy_investor
03-23-12, 10:52 AM
I'm enjoying mine A LOT too!

Bought my current 2008 used two years ago. It has its failures but they have all been taken care of. Every time I drove off the dealer's parking lot after any service appointment, I had a big grin on my face and remembered why I bought this in the first place! I thought about what else I would buy had my truck been stolen or got totaled in a car accident, and I couldn't come up with an alternative.