: Where is quality? The trust is lost

Stanislav
11-16-04, 02:26 PM
Where is quality? The trust is lost. I buy Cadillac and must spend a lot of time on service. My point of view that Cadillac loses quality and clients. Earlier in 1950 year,it was Cadillac :thumbsup: . Not without reason Elvis Presley had 100 and drove ONLY Cadillacs. Time goes and Cadillac becomes worse . :crybaby:

Wagoneer
11-16-04, 09:37 PM
Engineering and quality control have both made huge strides since the 50's but so has the complexity of automobiles. Especially ones with cutting-edge technology. Cars like the SRX are so complex that there are always some issues with the newest models. Believe me, from what I've read the European brands are actually suffering from this problem much worse over the past couple years. Most Japanese cars and entry-level American cars are built with older, more simple technology and are correspondingly more reliable. But they just aren't as cool.

Ralph
11-16-04, 09:46 PM
Where is quality? The trust is lost. I buy Cadillac and must spend a lot of time on service. My point of view that Cadillac loses quality and clients. Earlier in 1950 year,it was Cadillac :thumbsup: . Not without reason Elvis Presley had 100 and drove ONLY Cadillacs. Time goes and Cadillac becomes worse . :crybaby:

Aren't you the one who modified a whole bunch of things?? What EXACTLY went wrong quality wise on your SRX?

Cadillac is second ONLY to Lexus for quality according to JD Power!

Stanislav
11-17-04, 04:36 PM
I LOVE GM cars.I have driving only GM cars since 1991. And I may say that my Chevy Suburban 1994 6.5 turbo diesel (200.000 km/124.274ml) doesn`t need repair.With Caddy STS 1995 no problem,with STS 2001 problems with interior panels, engine(on warranty)... . And now problems with SRX. In Moscow SRX costs: base V8 69000$, LuxPerf 74000$. I buy it and must spend time on service. I can`t leave it on service and go home,because masters do not have new knowledges about have to repair new cars. I may say that I know more than they. Maybe it happen because of export vehicles much worse.I think that there are two lanes ONE for IMPORT and enother for EXPORT. You Know that in Russia We don`t have Navigation, TirePressure Monitor, inside mirror without compass, w/o AM/FM stereo/cassette, with in-dash 6-disc CD player(U2S), steering w/o Variable assist power, speed-sensitive rack-and-pinion, rigid suspension. ALL IT COSTS w/o main functions $69000 and more. For what I don`t know.When I was buying SRX dealer said that my car was equipped with all those functions. But now The dealer centre have closed because of monetary frauds. :banghead:

tiranga008
11-17-04, 04:50 PM
Dude.. u gotta buy local... maybe a Lada? :lildevil: .. :D

kidding... I hope your issues get resolved soon..

Tiranga..

Stanislav
11-17-04, 05:00 PM
I hope! :welcome:

Jmale
11-18-04, 03:33 AM
Sounds like a Lemon law candidate..If they have such a thing in your neck of the woods.

Just curious what was your build date and where was your car built??

inline6
11-18-04, 12:15 PM
I have to believe many of the problems with your SRX are dealer (service center) related. If they were shut down due to fraud, I would bet they charged Cadillac for work on your car that was not done both as new car prep and warranty. Hopefully there is another Cadillac or GM service center you can go to and get the SRX's issues resolved.

Stanislav
11-18-04, 04:45 PM
I am going to write a letter to GM in Russia. Maybe something will turn out. When I shall receive the answer, I shall share with information.

mack1a
11-18-04, 06:16 PM
Any idea as to how many SRXes are in Russia?

sgilbert
11-18-04, 07:55 PM
Hey Stanislav,

Forgive my inquisitive American curiosity, but, what do you do in Russia? From what I gather, you have at least 6 cars/trucks.

My stupidity tells me that times are tough in Russia, yet you seem to be quite well off.

If (and you would be correct) you think it's none of my business, please feel free to tell me to get lost----no harm done.

Hope you resolve all your SRX troubles, because it would be a shame not to enjoy this terrific vehicle as I am.

da_thrilla
11-18-04, 08:05 PM
hmmm!, must be makin alot of money to own this many cars....way to go atleast he spends it on american vehicles... ;)

CaddyFan2004
11-19-04, 12:24 AM
hmmm!, must be makin alot of money to own this many cars....way to go atleast he spends it on american vehicles... ;)

Lot of money in the oil business in Russia, I'm guessing that's it.

Stanislav
11-19-04, 11:41 AM
First:In Russia I live.
Second: I prefer own only GM cars. And my next cars will be GMC Sierra 2500 CrewCab 6,6 Duramax TurboDiesel.
Third: about radio in SRX. I now that code U2S is AM/FM stereo/cassette, with in-dash 6-disc CD player, and Radio Data System with speakers (http://www.gmarabia.com/action/rbCNBrochureByMailAction?action=MA&CntryCd=BH&LangCd=en&WebSiteID=GBPBH&NampltCd=999&cnInput=cnInput&pageName=006/6R/srx_std_interior.html) and in my car this should stand. And how about Yours cars?

sgilbert
11-22-04, 11:55 AM
I think what we have here is "A Failure to Communicate"!

Or, he ain't talkin'.

Terpnut
11-22-04, 03:19 PM
I think what we have here is "A Failure to Communicate"!

Or, he ain't talkin'.Perhaps he did not understand your informal "slang" of "what do you do"? To be more clear and direct:

sgilbert would like to know where you work (employment), what type of work are you engaged in (profession) and/or what is your means of income to buy so many cars/trucks? :)

sgilbert
11-22-04, 05:15 PM
Perhaps your distinct interpretation will help. Thank you.

strindl
11-23-04, 01:05 AM
Perhaps he did not understand your informal "slang" of "what do you do"? To be more clear and direct:

sgilbert would like to know where you work (employment), what type of work are you engaged in (profession) and/or what is your means of income to buy so many cars/trucks? :)

Возможно, он не понимал ваш неофициальный "сленг", "что Вы делаете"? Быть более ясным и прямым:

sgilbert хотел бы знать, где Вы работаете (занятость), какая работа Вы заняты в (профессии) и/или что ваше средство дохода состоит в том, чтобы купить так много автомобилей/грузовиков?

Let's see if my trusty English to Russian translator will help here.

Stanislav
11-23-04, 04:48 PM
Look here www.czar.ru but it is on Russian.

Stanislav
11-23-04, 04:55 PM
I took back my SRX from service,today. They made update of software. And the result is: MRC works softly. :bouncy:

northjerseynick
11-23-04, 05:29 PM
I didnt know they had Caddys in russia....

strindl
11-23-04, 06:58 PM

It looks like Stanislav is in the import business in Russia, offering lots of different products for the Russian Consumer.

The translation of part of that site is:

the catalogue of production

Boats and yachts
Inflatable boats and accessories
Engines and the equipment
The ship equipment
The equipment for diving
The equipment for skin diving
Cross-country vehicles
Hydrocycles
Sports and rest on water
Surfing
Кайтбординг
Inflatable towed circles
Means for repair and leaving for yachts
Ship electronics
Refrigerators

Library
Updating on a site! The collection of boards for surfing Fanatic is added.

10/11/2004
Updating on a site! The collection of inflatable cylinders Sportsstuff is added.

28/10/2004
New vacancies
Staff department ТД "Tsar" invites to interview of sellers-advisers and managers on sales. More in detail...

27/10/2004
The new version of a website www.czar.ru is started
Dear clients and visitors ТД "Tsar"! Since October, 27 the new version of our website is put into operation. The majority of sections of the catalogue of production времено are switched - off for technical reasons. Within the next few days the Library and the Thematic forum will be open section. If you have remarks and offers you can send them here.

26/07/2004
ТД "Tsar" has acted as the official sponsor of the Russian stage of the Cup of the World on a water ski which has passed on July, 24-25 in Dubna

strindl
11-23-04, 07:53 PM
I didnt know they had Caddys in russia....

GM has pegged the new generation Caddillacs for world wide marketing. They sell them in Europe, Japan,even China.

majax
11-24-04, 12:10 AM
Glad to see your issues are getting worked out. Thats cool, so you sell boats?

sgilbert
11-24-04, 12:10 AM
Well Strindl, does he sell sporting goods? Looks like it. :confused:

If so, right up my alley! A fellow boater!! :bouncy:

Jmale
11-24-04, 01:30 AM

Translation: I sell watersports equipment including boats,engines and scuba gear as well....If you're ever in moscow look me up... :)

Stanislav
11-24-04, 01:33 PM
This is my boat and my CHEVY TRUCK

lev
11-24-04, 04:35 PM
Stanislav, I am guessing badly paved roads in Russia and tough weather are largely to blame for you cars' failures.

By the way, the phrase "What do you do?" in American English means "Чем вы занимаетесь?".

majax
11-24-04, 09:04 PM
pretty sweet truck and boat. :bouncy:

Jesda
11-25-04, 09:49 AM
Nice line of work! Tell Mr. Putin I said hello.