Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Final Year of Gen2 CTS-V?

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  GM-4-LIFE 
#1 ·
Has the final year of the 2nd gen CTS and more specificalky the V, been confirmed yet? Is this the final year?

#2 ·
The CTS has at least a 2013 left in her, although, I don't think there will be any changes except maybe color or option deletions for the 2013 MY V, and I presume they'll make more options standard for the 2013 CTS. The rumor mills are already cranking up the spy photos of the 2014 Alpha based CTS. I would expect that, just as with the V1; GM discontinues the V2 with the 2014 MY introduction.

#4 ·
GM's strategy with its 'performance' models has always been that the performance model comes out the year following the release of the base model, as has historically been the case with the C5z06 vs the C5; the C6z06 vs the C6; the Gen I CTS-V vs the Gen 1 CTS, the Gen II CTS-V vs the Gen II CTS, and so forth.

#5 ·
For sure the last year of the current gen CTS-V is the 2013 model year. 2014 CTS comes out Summer of 2013. It's already been announced by GM. No word on next gen CTS-V, however. An educated guess for the next gen CTS-V would be the 2015 or 2016 model year at the earliest.

#6 ·
Start saving your pennys...it's almost assured the price of the V3 will go up as the target is squarely on the E class AMG and M5; that means interior upgrades and additonal performance which bring more costs. I'm betting at least $5K on base model with possibly another $5-$10k in performance options.

#7 ·
i think the the final year for the V2 is 2014 since the coupe and wagon start's at 2011
maybe i'm wrong but remember guys that gm performance is busy enough with the c7 corvette ( cts-v always powered with corvette engine )
any way that's what i think and i never know what GM have in mind

#8 · (Edited)
Once GM re-tools the LGR assembly plant for the next gen CTS and the new ATS (2014 model year), they won't be making V2 on the same line. It just won't happen. It will be too expensive to keep old and new tooling in that plant. LGR is not a flexible plant that can do that according to released data from GM. Once GM re-tools, you can say goodbye to the current gen CTS and CTS-V.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.