Cadillac Owners Forum banner

So, does the ZR1 blower rattle?

4K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  wait4me 
#1 ·
Certainly all of us are dealing with the "normal" blower rattle but I'm wondering...does the Vette's blower make this rattle, too? Just trying to see if it becomes "not normal" when you break 100K for a car.

#4 ·
Mine doesn't rattle yet, but its only got about 2K miles on it so far. My CTS-V made more noise than the ZR1 at less milage than that. Surprisingly, you don't hear too many complaints on the Corvette forum about the rattle. Mine will be the one, I'm sure....

#6 ·
My CTS-V seemed noisy from pretty early on, at an idle, but I haven't done anything about it. Still plenty of time left on the warranty, or I'll put a solid one in & be done with it. I barely drive the car now after getting the ZR1, so I don't hear it anyway.

#9 ·
10-11k on mine, no rattle

#15 ·
jft69z said:
Easy, pull the fuse in the passenger side fuse box. The valves will always stay open. Or, you can install one of the remote controlled boxes that let you do it with a key fob type remote. This installs in the same place as the fuse (actually it is electrically installed in place of the fuse to control the valves). The actual valves at the mufflers are vacuum operated.
One of the first mods most C6 owners do....stock npp sounds great with headers

#16 ·
Yeah, that's the easy one. Bypassing the DRL on those cars is the difficult one. It's just not as simple as pulling a fuse or the bulb like on the V. Still haven't found an easy solution for that one as they use the turn signal lights for the DRL on those cars. You can't pull those bulbs.....

#20 ·
It should act exactly the same as the CTSV. The internal parts of the BASE supercharger section are identical. EXCEPT the snout has one extra port on the top of it in the front.

But that is just a test port to measure air restriction. Some of the 2012 Vs we have here at the shop also have the same exact front snout on it. So they are probably going to just all be the same from now on..

Another note, The ZL1 lid sure does look like is fits good. ;) So much for needing modified lid spacers now....

When you take off the snout, the issolator is identical to the other years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.