: 2009 Sedan Lowering Question....with 10" coupe rims in back

FFBOS
03-03-12, 01:17 AM
My "summer" setup is the stock tire sizes all around, but I run the 19x10 coupe rims in the rear. I have Eibach coupe lowering springs that I'm looking to install soon. Will I have any clearance issues?

FFBOS
03-03-12, 06:20 PM
Anyone?

LV_V
03-04-12, 04:03 AM
You'll probably hit the fender lip because the coupe wheels are a bit too wide for the sedan.

FFBOS
03-04-12, 02:54 PM
That is my fear, but it should only be a 1.1" drop. I believe there is plenty more clearance than that for stock height.

----------

Pics are in the link....

http://www.ctsvowners.com/forum/showthread.php/1618-2009-Sedan-Lowering-question.-With-10-quot-coupe-rims-in-back....?p=24776#post24776

TTuned
03-09-12, 11:53 AM
try 1 size skinnier tire give it a mild stretch? wish these fenders would take a 21x12 +20 or lower offset!

cts_v_rocks
03-12-12, 07:56 PM
I bought the coupe 10" rear rims for my sedan. They stuck out of the fender well slightly. The only issue I had was when I went over a speed bump a little too fast and the fender wells hit the tires. If you lower the car, you increase the chances this will happen. Don't know what would happen if you were lowered and had some larger passengers back there...

FFBOS
03-13-12, 12:07 AM
Yea I don't want any contact issues. Cts V rocks are you running stock sized tires?

D3 Outlet
03-13-12, 04:04 PM
The Rear coupe wheels are 40mm offset and they are half an inch wider than the sedan rears which is a 56mm offset on 9.5 width. according to my calculations it should stick out about .25" inch pass the fender with the factory Michelin PS2. Since the rears are rubbing now you would definitely rub with passengers in the back and also when you get your springs installed. I highly suggest going to a different tire manufacture since the Michelin PS2 are a bit over sized. Also what did you do with the factory rear sedan wheels? We make a spacer with studs for customers that runs the 19x9.5 rear to the front. Since you have the aggressive stance in the rear our max track spacer kit would give your front the same look as the rear with out any rubbing issues what so ever. Please let me know if I can help you with that, thanks!

FFBOS
03-13-12, 06:49 PM
I have no rubbing issues with the current coupe 10" rears installed. My fear is that I will have rubbing issues in hard launch situations/cornering, etc. I have decided to skip the loweirng for now until someone with a similar setup lowers and reports back. I don't want to be the guinea pig to report back that it rubs and is now in the body shop to get the rear fenders painted. I have my stock rims set aside with blizzaks on them. Thank you for posting :)

cts_v_rocks
03-13-12, 11:43 PM
Yep. Stock Michelin's. I put the 9.5s back on.

TTuned
03-19-12, 02:32 PM
Great advice D3. Aggressive stance is the first thing i look at on cars.
From my experience the Conti DW series tires are narrow and stretch nicely I've got 265-30-19 on a 19x10 +26 mild stretch look great, no rolling or rubbing. looks great
Switched to cheap cooper tires (~$120)same size, had to roll fenders a little no biggie.

OP nothing to worry about just lower it and figure it out, don't be scared of it. u can rent the fender rolling tool, so easy to do for a couple extra mm if worried.

Or if still scared, how much you want for the 19x10's? I need them to fit DR's

Havasusteve
03-20-12, 12:17 AM
[QUOTE=TTuned;2903873]Great advice D3. Aggressive stance is the first thing i look at on cars.
From my experience the Conti DW series tires are narrow and stretch nicely I've got 265-30-19 on a 19x10 +26 mild stretch look great, no rolling or rubbing. looks great
Switched to cheap cooper tires (~$120)same size, had to roll fenders a little no biggie.

OP nothing to worry about just lower it and figure it out, don't be scared of it. u can rent the fender rolling tool, so easy to do for a couple extra mm if worried.

Or if still scared, how much you want for the 19x10's? I need them to fit DR's[/QUOTE

Im sure that this topic has been addressed before, but to the OP, did you ever consider putting the OEM rears on the front with D3 spacers (11mm), having the fronts with its offset widened to 10.5" and utilizing D3 spacer (16mm) for it w/305's?? This is the direction I plan on taking to include lowering of the sedan using the D3 Comp springs. Not trying to make this a "D3" post, but it seems that they have done this mod several times for previous customers and it works fine? My purpose for doing is is for the extra beef on the rear to handle extra HP increase. Also, the look of the car with this combo is outstanding IMHO.

Am I missing something with trying to use the 10" coupe rim? It seems that in all of the posts I have seen, it sticks out past the fender. There is another manufacturer that has spacers available to push the stock OEMs to the limits of the fenderwheel using spacers. Even lowered, it looks sweeet and appears to clear. :sneaky:

Steve

Rule12b
03-22-12, 01:58 AM
[QUOTE=TTuned;2903873]Great advice D3. Aggressive stance is the first thing i look at on cars.

Or if still scared, how much you want for the 19x10's? I need them to fit DR's[/QUOTE

Im sure that this topic has been addressed before, but to the OP, did you ever consider putting the OEM rears on the front with D3 spacers (11mm), having the fronts with its offset widened to 10.5" and utilizing D3 spacer (16mm) for it w/305's?? This is the direction I plan on taking to include lowering of the sedan using the D3 Comp springs. Not trying to make this a "D3" post, but it seems that they have done this mod several times for previous customers and it works fine? My purpose for doing is is for the extra beef on the rear to handle extra HP increase. Also, the look of the car with this combo is outstanding IMHO.

Am I missing something with trying to use the 10" coupe rim? It seems that in all of the posts I have seen, it sticks out past the fender. There is another manufacturer that has spacers available to push the stock OEMs to the limits of the fenderwheel using spacers. Even lowered, it looks sweeet and appears to clear. :sneaky:

Steve

Steve is giving great advice. I went this route (albeit 19x11) and could not be happier.

FFBOS
03-22-12, 10:22 PM
I'll probably look into lowering in a month or so. I'll make sure to update