Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Weather alerts on NAV system

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  kingtj 
#1 ·
One thing I noticed on my CTS-V, that wasn't on the previous CTS, is the capability to receive weather alerts through the navigation system. I'll get a message on my DIC about a particular weather alert, and when I push the NAV up button, it shows "severe thunderstorm or flood warning, xyz county", etc. I'm not sure where this info comes from - is it through the XM radio system, onstar, other, part of the XM Traffic?, etc. It's really pretty cool. When I talked with an XM rep about my radio, they weren't sure about where it comes from. I can't find anything in the manuals either.

Anyone else get these messages on their NAV system? Any more info ?

Thanks.

#7 ·
Yeah, it's part of the XM "Traffic and Weather" option they charge extra for. (It looks like they've got a special where you can buy 5 months of it for $20, if you're adding it to an existing XM radio package. Details are here: http://www.siriusxm.com/navweather)

The problem seems to be, there are only a few vehicles around that support it, so their own reps don't usually seem to know much about it. Sometimes they'll even argue with you about your car supporting it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.