: XM radio ID Display

EmmyGeez
03-02-12, 04:10 PM
My 2011 SRX XM radio displays XM id's like Heart and Soul or The Groove. My 2012 CTS does not. The CTS only displays numbers like XM02 or XM 09.
I want my CTS to Display XM ID's just like my SRX The groove or Soul town etc.) Has anyone fixed this issue?

kingtj
03-03-12, 01:48 PM
Do you have the radio with the navigation system? My 2011 CTS Coupe does, and it displays this info for XM radio as long as the nav display is open/up. If you tell it to fold down, then you only see a 2 line display which I don't think shows all of that info on it.

My 2011 SRX XM radio displays XM id's like Heart and Soul or The Groove. My 2012 CTS does not. The CTS only displays numbers like XM02 or XM 09.
I want my CTS to Display XM ID's just like my SRX The groove or Soul town etc.) Has anyone fixed this issue?

EmmyGeez
03-08-12, 10:34 AM
Yes I have a navigation system and it is up. But it only displays xm060 or xm 112 for example not the xm call (top 40) for example like it does in my 2011 SRX in the Favorites icons on the
bottom of the screen. Again the Favorites displays xm numbers not station id but my SRX displays station ID in the favorites

tinman
03-08-12, 03:05 PM
If no one can help here (and I am sorry as I am a recent owner of the CTS) I would call my dealer or drop in and ask.

kingtj
03-09-12, 12:03 AM
Oh, I think I misunderstood you at first. No, the little station preset tabs at the bottom of the screen for your "favorites" only show the channel numbers for both XM and FM radio bands.
Pretty sure it does NOT support displaying a more detailed station preset with actual channel names there.

Yes I have a navigation system and it is up. But it only displays xm060 or xm 112 for example not the xm call (top 40) for example like it does in my 2011 SRX in the Favorites icons on the
bottom of the screen. Again the Favorites displays xm numbers not station id but my SRX displays station ID in the favorites

EmmyGeez
03-09-12, 10:37 AM
Thanks so much. I wonder if the CTS can be upgraded to display favorite channels id instead of channel numbers. Can you use the SRX software to
upgrade the CTS XM radio so channel id can be displayed?

wmillar
03-09-12, 12:49 PM
Call XM radio and ask for a hit.

EmmyGeez
04-06-12, 01:04 PM
The dealer said the XM favorite displays only numbers in the CTS. Why can't this be a software upgrade?

wmillar
04-06-12, 01:54 PM
I think whoever you talked to is full of BS, you neeed to go to another dealer. Also there has to be someone on this site who can take a picture of thier display so you can take it to the dealer.

spind
04-06-12, 10:17 PM
My 2011 also only shows xm # not the channel name.

wmillar
04-07-12, 02:36 PM
I don't know what you guys are talking about! You have XM 25 station name is Classic Rock and the singer is Def Leppard and the song is "Bringing on the....." So what else do you want.

Pdabs
04-07-12, 03:22 PM
I think they're referring to the bottom ... The presets...

kingtj
04-08-12, 03:25 PM
Yes... that's what I didn't understand about her question at first, when I replied. Then I realized she was talking about the little preset buttons along the bottom of the display screen.
There's no way to get those to change to show anything other than the station numbers, like "X25" or "X14".

I think they're referring to the bottom ... The presets...