: Rear Access Open

producerman
03-02-12, 09:51 AM
Anyone ever experience this issue?

Rear hatch was working fine from FOB and above mirror. Closed it the other day after putting kids hockey bag in the back and then when we left the computer was saying "rear access open" and interior lights would not go out. Of course it was closed. Also now the rear windshield wiper will not work.

Any ideas? Broken wire in harness maybe? Anyone have this problem and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks and have a good day!

arierra
03-02-12, 04:45 PM
Have had that happen to me. Turns out the back glass was open as I probably hit the button on the remote.

murphy
03-02-12, 05:55 PM
I bet upper rear hatch window is open.

----------

And I bet maybe you didn't even know you could open it ? :)

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-02-12, 10:00 PM
Is the "Rear Access Open" message still displaying or were you able to resolve that issue, Producerman? If your rear wiper continues to not function, I would suggest heading to your dealership for service. Pleas keep us updated!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

surburban99
03-04-12, 11:19 AM
I wonder if you unhooked the battery and hooked it back up if the system would reset?

corvette00
03-05-12, 07:49 AM
I would check the fuse

producerman
03-05-12, 12:00 PM
Not resolved yet - checked fuse - not that - glass not that :). I was in Winnipeg and took to a GM Dealer but did not have much time so they checked all obvious things - said there was power at the latch but could be a in wiring harness - I had to leave and they said bring it back and get this - DID NOT CHARGE ME ANY$$$ -it was in their shop for 2 hours but I gave them a time I HAD to leave the city by. Great dealer and said if we can help you when you come back as I live 2 hours away please bring it back to us.

Now that does not happen to me at my local dealer - this is off warranty so I will take it my local mechanic to see if he can figure it out.

Will update when I get resolved.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

2007XTSDub
03-05-12, 12:16 PM
Which dealer was it?

producerman
03-05-12, 03:26 PM
It was Birchwood GM in that automall by The Downs - great place for service and give you an Ipad to use while u wait.

Wish all Cadillac Dealers were like that one :)