: Noise coming from the front end during turns

lousy_investor
03-01-12, 06:02 PM
Hi all!

I just noticed today that when I made a left turn, the front driver side had a slow, low pitch, "thump-thump" noise. I could almost feel the vibration from under my feet. It didn't just happen during turns, but whenever the steering wheel wasn't perfectly straight, like when it was slightly turn to the left. Turned to the right was perfectly fine. Just wondering if you guys have any insights as to what might have caused it.

I have been away on business for a few days and today was the first time I drove it. Every time I came home, my wife leaves me with some surprises. Some very costly, some not as much. Hopefully this is of the latter case. :)

Cheers!

tintmn1972
03-01-12, 06:48 PM
I have a similar noise on my 02 escalade but it happens when I turn sharp either way after driving. I have replaced all the steering components, bot hub assemblies, new transmission, new CV axles and serviced the rear diff front diff and the transfer case. No one has yet been able to find the problem to correct it. Wish I had the solution for you.

lousy_investor
03-01-12, 08:40 PM
I have a similar noise on my 02 escalade but it happens when I turn sharp either way after driving. I have replaced all the steering components, bot hub assemblies, new transmission, new CV axles and serviced the rear diff front diff and the transfer case. No one has yet been able to find the problem to correct it. Wish I had the solution for you.

Thanks for the feedback!!! I hope my problem is not as mysterious. I spoke to my wife and she said it just happened today. First thing that came to mind was ball bearings... Will have to take it in but just don't have the time till next week and I'm worried.

Eric Hagan
03-01-12, 08:52 PM
I would suspect a cv

Cadillac Cust Svc
03-01-12, 10:39 PM
Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this noise, lousy_investor! If you all are worried but have no time to take your Escalade in for service until next week, a call to your dealer to explain the situation might help. If you'd like me to find you the phone numbers of nearby dealers, just let me know.

Please keep us updated,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service