: Where to get "V" badges for cheap?

Captain McFunk
03-01-12, 04:28 PM
hey guys, normally I can find replacement badges (mine are worn) on ebay, but I cannot for the life of me find any under $40 a piece. That seems steep. Does anyone know where you can get them for relatively inexpensive?

Thanks!

MSOsr
03-01-12, 05:39 PM
I just bought a "3 pack" of the V emblems on ebay a couple of weeks ago. The "buy it now" was $99.95, but I bid on them and got them at the last minute for $85. Single emblems were $35.95 "buy it now".

Mike

M5eater
03-03-12, 05:38 PM
hey guys, normally I can find replacement badges (mine are worn) on ebay, but I cannot for the life of me find any under $40 a piece. That seems steep. Does anyone know where you can get them for relatively inexpensive?

Thanks!
If your OEM ones cost $40 and wear out, you want something cheaper than that will presumably wear out faster?

$40 for something that lasts 4 years sounds annoying, but it could be worse, ask me because I know.

I presume you've called luke to see what he can do for you?

Captain McFunk
03-03-12, 06:08 PM
If your OEM ones cost $40 and wear out, you want something cheaper than that will presumably wear out faster?

$40 for something that lasts 4 years sounds annoying, but it could be worse, ask me because I know.

I presume you've called luke to see what he can do for you?

lol I don't plan on owning the car over 3 years, so if i can get something that lasts me at least that, i'll be happy. And who is Luke? I'm new :)

M5eater
03-03-12, 06:09 PM
lol I don't plan on owning the car over 3 years, so if i can get something that lasts me at least that, i'll be happy. And who is Luke? I'm new :)

he's a supporting dealer. IE he can get you shop rate prices on OEM parts.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rippy-cadillac/

MSOsr
03-03-12, 06:32 PM
M5 gave you the link to Chris at Rippy. Luke is at Lindsay Cadillac: lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Try them both.

Mike

M5eater
03-03-12, 07:17 PM
M5 gave you the link to Chris at Rippy. Luke is at Lindsay Cadillac: lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Try them both.

Mike
Thanks, I get them mixed up :/

concorso
03-03-12, 09:35 PM
Theres a V6 going around her locally with V badges. Make it worth my time and effort and the badges are yours. :):)

550HP STSV
03-04-12, 04:13 PM
Theres a V6 going around her locally with V badges. Make it worth my time and effort and the badges are yours. :):)

Im willing to bet the OP has a V6 and wants the V badges. Based on the fact that my 04 CTS-V badges are still great looking, 8 years later in ohio climate.

M5eater
03-04-12, 06:25 PM
nope, he has a white diamond v2 with white calipers ;)

Captain McFunk
03-05-12, 11:08 AM
Im willing to bet the OP has a V6 and wants the V badges. Based on the fact that my 04 CTS-V badges are still great looking, 8 years later in ohio climate.

lol at this statement. I'll take a pic of my v-badges and show you what they look like. They look like the color is "melting" from inside the emblem. and then i'll take a picture with your username sitting on my blower snout :)

MSOsr
03-05-12, 12:27 PM
lol at this statement. I'll take a pic of my v-badges and show you what they look like. They look like the color is "melting" from inside the emblem. and then i'll take a picture with your username sitting on my blower snout :)

You'll get used to "Mr. Negative".............

8th Day Creations is selling the cover decals for the badges.....you might want to look at the black/gray look before buying new badges.

Mike