: Was confronted by temptation today, but passed the test

rand49er
03-01-12, 04:20 PM
My wife was asked by a colleague of hers today if I would like his V2 now that his lease is coming due. This guy was looking at an '07 V1 at one time and was asking her if I liked mine, but he held out till he could get an '09 AT. Now, my wife told me this as if saying, "if you want it, go ahead." Yes, I was tempted, I must say. I was tempted. :yup:

But, I'm staying with the V1 crowd ... at least until the new ATS-V comes out.

On a side note: This short little conversation with my wife allowed me to seed the idea of an ATS-V in her head, too. Mental residence time, I call it. It's very important in a relationship, don't you think?

cvettr/cts-v
03-01-12, 04:57 PM
Way to play the game and plant the seed. You always can later say well i held off for x amont of time so that justifies buying new and exactly what we (really meaning you) want. My gf came home and said she wanted the 2013 gt500 convertible coming out soon. She is using your tactics on me since i have only 3 payments left on my V. she even said she would let me sell our 93 cobra to go towards it which is a big step since selling it has never before been an option. I told her ok if she can afford the payments so i'm sure the seed has been taken back. Anyway you deserve to wait and buy new. good luck.

perfect
03-01-12, 05:44 PM
Prior to our engagement, I made a condition with my fiance that she is NEVER allowed to weigh a negative opinion of my future car purchases or current ownerships.

She can't tell me not to buy a car that I want; or encourage me to sell a car in my possession.
She can't tell me that my modifications are unnecessary...or too gas guzzling...or TOO LOUD.
She most certainly can't tell me that the hunk-of-crap 69 Chevy truck that I dragged home from the bowels of rural Kansas is an ugly eye sore in the backyard.
Or that I can't wash car parts in the dishwasher (that one was actually a pretty bad idea).

She does, however, get one garage spot for every three available garage spots. I'm not to intrude on her spot and can't mess with her car.

Perhaps I should have written all this in our prenup...

CadzillaTN
03-01-12, 05:58 PM
My wife was asked by a colleague of hers today if I would like his V2 now that his lease is coming due. This guy was looking at an '07 V1 at one time and was asking her if I liked mine, but he held out till he could get an '09 AT. Now, my wife told me this as if saying, "if you want it, go ahead." Yes, I was tempted, I must say. I was tempted. :yup:

On a side note: This short little conversation with my wife allowed me to seed the idea of an ATS-V in her head, too. Mental residence time, I call it. It's very important in a relationship, don't you think?

Have you settled on auto either way??

crankedupforit
03-01-12, 06:08 PM

Your car would be tough to part with Randy. I don't blame you for having second thoughts. At least you put in the ground work for the ATS V.

rand49er
03-01-12, 06:22 PM
Way to play the game and plant the seed. You always can later say well i held off for x amont of time so that justifies buying new and exactly what we (really meaning you) want. My gf came home and said she wanted the 2013 gt500 convertible coming out soon. She is using your tactics on me since i have only 3 payments left on my V. she even said she would let me sell our 93 cobra to go towards it which is a big step since selling it has never before been an option. I told her ok if she can afford the payments so i'm sure the seed has been taken back. Anyway you deserve to wait and buy new. good luck.Yes ... YES ... I DO deserve to wait and buy new ... don't I?!! (I gotta remember that line.)

Prior to our engagement, I made a condition with my fiance that she is NEVER allowed to weigh a negative opinion of my future car purchases or current ownerships.

She can't tell me not to buy a car that I want; or encourage me to sell a car in my possession.
She can't tell me that my modifications are unnecessary...or too gas guzzling...or TOO LOUD.
She most certainly can't tell me that the hunk-of-crap 69 Chevy truck that I dragged home from the bowels of rural Kansas is an ugly eye sore in the backyard.
Or that I can't wash car parts in the dishwasher (that one was actually a pretty bad idea).

She does, however, get one garage spot for every three available garage spots. I'm not to intrude on her spot and can't mess with her car.

Perhaps I should have written all this in our prenup...:rofl:

Have you settled on auto either way??MT all the way ......... to my grave. :thumbsup:

Your car would be tough to part with Randy. I don't blame you for having second thoughts. At least you put in the ground work for the ATS V.I love my car. Sure, there's more stuff I could do, but it's fast enough for me and is incredibly reliable for being such a doggone hot rod. Somebody some day is going to get a real creme puff of a garage queen that's pretty darn quick.

mberisha
03-02-12, 02:26 AM

HAHAH!!! That is the best....I'm gonna steal this and run-it by my fiancÚ.....wish me luck!

Also....if your bride is anything like mine....take her to the Land Rover dealer and let her drive the new Range and the LR4. While her hands were warming up on the heated steering wheel...I dropped the headers and cut-outs on her...case closed. Not to mention...the 'ole '97 F-150 will be making the trip to Cali with us too!

lollygagger8
03-02-12, 10:07 AM
Good call Randy! Stick with us kid! :)

V1 is better looking than the V2 IMO.

The ATS looks pretty damn sexy I will admit.

rand49er
03-02-12, 10:32 AM
... kid ...^^^ This. :D

lollygagger8
03-02-12, 10:48 AM
^^^ This. :D

In a candy store! :)

Besides the V will keep you young. :2thumbs:

JD03Cobra
03-02-12, 05:05 PM
Good call Randy! Although the 2014 CTS V is freshened up with more HP...Probably similar to the ZL1. Either way the ATS-V is gonna be exciting!

CTSV_Rob
03-02-12, 05:14 PM
I'm guessing you would have jumped if it was a M6...

Glad you didn't go over to the dark side.

rand49er
03-02-12, 05:55 PM
Good call Randy! Although the 2014 CTS V is freshened up with more HP...Probably similar to the ZL1. Either way the ATS-V is gonna be exciting!Did you see Car & Driver today? They're predicting 380-420 hp, but they're also saying 3,600 lbs. Would LOVE to see it beat both of those by a significant margin.

I'm guessing you would have jumped if it was a M6...

Glad you didn't go over to the dark side.Geez, you know ... that hadn't honestly crossed my mind. Oh, man, that would've made it tighter for sure.

Rakenjevnk
03-02-12, 06:19 PM

lol, good stuff!

thebigjimsho
03-02-12, 06:37 PM
Randy is a wuss.

But with a great taste in women...

Stepside
03-05-12, 11:48 PM

:hmm:You forgot ONE.
Car & Truck Parts get ~ Bake-On Ceramic Coating in the New Kitchen Oven. :duck:

rand49er
03-07-12, 12:57 AM
:hmm:You forgot ONE.
Car & Truck Parts get ~ Bake-On Ceramic Coating in the New Kitchen Oven. :duck:I'm tellin' ya, perfect's post is like post of the month.

I don't care who you are, that dishwater comment was funny.