: Plasti Dipped front grills and rear chrome piece....

FFBOS
02-29-12, 06:59 PM
I responded in another thread on how it went......

To those with heat exchangers, its a pain in the ass, unless I missed an easier way of attempting to cover the HE. I was able to cover 95% of it with cardboard pieces. I missed one "large" black line that covers the whole top of the HE on the drivers side. Looks bad when looking dead on. I'm going to try to figure out the best way to get my hand up into the area to rub the piece off. Any suggestions?

I did about 5 coats on each.

No pics yet sorry..

Captain McFunk
02-29-12, 07:08 PM
You should be able to unclip underneath the bumper the body pan, then it's simple to reach your hand in there, stuff it with newspaper, and call it a day. With the veins of a HE, it's going to be tough to rub off i'd imagine.

FFBOS
02-29-12, 07:43 PM
There are a couple droplets in the veins. Barely anything. The strip of black is on the main body of the HE on the top

----------

When removing the pieces are you speaking of the pop rivets that are all the way towards the front by the front lower trim?

FFBOS
03-01-12, 11:07 AM
Went the easy route. I was able to get it all off with a flathead sticking it through the grill. Lol.

qictrk
03-01-12, 06:57 PM
Went the easy route. I was able to get it all off with a flathead sticking it through the grill. Lol.
If I tried that, Id probably put a hole in the HE. Maybe spray a brake cleaner or other heavy duty remover to wash it off. Maybe lay some paint remover on it
and then spray it with water. Cecil...........

FFBOS
03-01-12, 07:48 PM
Yea it came off pretty easy just using the tip of the flat head and working it down the top of the HE