: stock supercharger? and your input on this that im looking to buy?

a215denver
02-29-12, 06:23 PM
ok so i actually DONT know if a cts-v supercharger comes with a supercharger stock? i didnt believe it did... but every time i search im just hit with upgrade kits and ads for supercharger kits... cant get a dirrect answer.. and i would like your opinion on this praticular V im looking to buy? good price? good car? i will post the link below...

this V im looking at is methanol injected? as im an idiot (lol) i ask, what does that mean? how much HP gain is it giving? are there and pros/cons to it? and is supercharged... the check engine light is on, and the dealer told me its because of the methanol injection and supercharger and computer... i have a obd2 reader and have not pulled the code myself but is what he says possible? i have went and drove this car twice now and finally made a final deal with the dealership for $23,500 out the door title in hand (so paying about 21 for the car) good price? IMO thats a GREAT price considering the upgrades this car has..but i dunno? like i said i have driven it twice now and its AMAZING there are ZERO flaws as i can tell but i do wanna pull that code and will post what it reads here tomorrow... it drives like a beauty an is rediclious on the street when i really got on it.. thank all of you for your personal help and opinion...

- Nick

http://www.springsautomotivegroup.com/web/used/Cadillac-CTS-V-2005-Colorado-Springs-Colorado/1016680

AmigoBB
02-29-12, 07:10 PM
A few things......

You can't smog a car with check engine lights on so don't buy a car with any code going on that you are positive that you can't fix.

If those pictures are accurate, yes the car is supercharged. The methanol basically has two purposes, increase hp and reduce temperatures.

If I had to guess, that car is probably putting 600hp to the wheels on a good day, at sea level, maybe a different story wherever you are. That is a lot of horsepower, do you have experience with a powerful car like this??? If not, this car is probably not for you. I will be honest when I tell you that I would not buy that car, but then again I am not as crazy as half the other guys on this forum (guys, that was a joke)

Regards,

OneFast V
02-29-12, 07:31 PM
I would says its a great deal. If and only if you find out what the code is and can be sure it is an easy fix.

wcryan
02-29-12, 07:44 PM
I remember seeing that car around....... hmmmmm

OneFast V
02-29-12, 07:59 PM
looks like a Whipple 3.3L..... anyone other than Tommy Compton have one?... Found them!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/197254-3-3l-whipple-kit-installed.html

shadybx7
02-29-12, 08:38 PM
the definition of NOT stock
http://photos.ecarlist.com/uX/h2/xi/bn/WZ/1q/Xj/nH/KZ/gY/wg_640.jpg
:drool:

rand49er
02-29-12, 10:42 PM
Best case scenario, a tuner can take care of any issues causing that code.

RADEoN
03-01-12, 08:47 AM
the definition of NOT stock
http://photos.ecarlist.com/uX/h2/xi/bn/WZ/1q/Xj/nH/KZ/gY/wg_640.jpg
:drool:

That's nasty.

JDB
03-01-12, 09:34 AM
Why can I never find "stock" cars when I'm car shopping? Cripes...get a PPI done at a local shop that knows how to tune LS motors. They can find anything wrong with the car and also be able to figure out that code ...and tell you if this car is going to be a tuning nightmare / moneypit...well, these cars are always a money pit if your wallet is deep enough. I would buy it, but I turn wrenches. If you don't know if it was supercharged from the factory and no clue what meth does or even is...then you might want to look at another car...unless you have a deep wallet to hand to shop to help you. Looks like the work was nicely done. I like the intake tubing and the PCM in the engine bay, bit Id find a waterproof box for it.

CancerJCC
03-01-12, 11:45 AM
If you don't know if it was supercharged from the factory and no clue what meth does or even is...then you might want to look at another car...

This.

A MP112 is a bolt on and drive solution. A whipple is uncharted territory and if you need to run to a shop for every little issue then it will be expensive as hell!

martinV
03-01-12, 12:12 PM
Even with the light on the car looks very maintained. Id contact someone who has experience with ls motors and see what he says.

Noriega7
03-01-12, 02:56 PM
Checked that car out a few weeks ago before I bought mine, salesman told me it has a whittle supercharger. Haha I said Whipple? He said ya whittle, w-h-i-t-t-l-e. Whittle. Car looked very nice online but the 25k turned me away. Sounds like you're getting a good deal though!

mberisha
03-02-12, 01:14 AM
Wow....nice ride....it's a gamble if you'll need to take the V to a shop...but then again.....Bill Gates took a gamble on Microsoft....and we all know how that turned out.

Bottom-line: Buy it....hit the long pedal...and never look back...life is too short to regret letting this one sneak by.....

PISNUOFF
03-02-12, 07:36 AM
He spent a ton of $$$ having that Whipple installed by some shop that had 'Dragon' in the name, can't remember exactly off the top of my head. They made a 'kit' after his car that sells for over $9k. If your wondering, it's a 3.3L Whipple. Search this forum and I'm sure you'll find the threads about it.

Noriega7
03-02-12, 12:38 PM
Perhaps dragonrace in broomfield Colorado?

OneFast V
03-02-12, 12:49 PM
Dragon Pro Street Engineering in Dacono, CO

ichpen
03-02-12, 01:04 PM
I'd buy this in a heartbeat. It's almost a one of a kind, I think only 3 Vs exist with a whipple and that's probably the first one.

But as others have said expect issues that a GM tech isn't going to figure out. Given your knowledge in this field stay away.

a215denver
03-03-12, 08:18 PM
hey guys thank you for your reply ... i have some knowledge on these cars (alot more since i got off my iphone and on my pc and started doing research) i did know that they didnt come stock supercharged, i worded that wrong... i meant was it possible that a supercharger was optional at time of purchase from the factory?, that i did not know.. but ha! thats crazy to see it in threads friom a couple years ago and know what the guy actually spent and dropped into it, and see a first hand view before it was sold, thats quite comforting to me... i am thankful for all your replies and so on, turns out... when it was sold it pulled NO codes... and someone at the dealership i assume was messing with something or someone test driving it did something... but either way i pulled the code and it was a p0102 (i believe if i remember correct) ... for MAF and i was running down the list of options that could make it pull that, supercharged seemed like it could mess w/ the mass air flow sensor possibly but i dont know... anyway long story short... FUSE!!! i pulled the maf fuse, blown, replaced, fixed. done. thank you again for your help hope to love the car :)

JDB
03-04-12, 12:49 PM
so you bought it? congrats and GL!

I hate my AMG
03-05-12, 12:29 AM
Congrats thats a badass whip!