: First post. 05 Redline V. Replaced the Oil pressure Sensor in 4 mins. No more 129lbs

lostnsand
02-26-12, 05:36 PM
Hi! Quick background, I just purchased a Redline V 56K w/ Ebony interior for 12k. Has New Drive shaft, MSD starter, and magna flows. I have been cruising the forums looking for the how-tos on little quirks to fix on it. Like the 129lbs of oil pressure gremlin, clutch sensor, no oil temp, ect.

So I picked up the sensor at the local auto store 37 w/ military discount and with a 27mm deep well, 1/2in ratchet on a swivel, and 2in ext. I was in and out of there in 4 minutes tops. (if you got the tools on hand). Just wanted to extend this out to the members. Hope it helps a little. Love this site!!.

*****Found out the clown I bought it from snapped off the signal prong on the oil pan. So it is plugged in but does not get a signal. Looks like no oil temp for a while.

lostnsand
02-26-12, 08:03 PM

lostnsand
02-26-12, 08:04 PM

lostnsand
02-26-12, 08:05 PM

repenttokyo
02-26-12, 08:56 PM
thanks for the writeup!

Claimslngr
02-26-12, 09:28 PM
Excellent first posts!
Thanks for the writeup and welcome!

thebigjimsho
02-26-12, 10:22 PM
$12K? Wow...

lostnsand
02-27-12, 10:21 AM
You are all very welcome hope it helps out someone with the same problem. She is a rebuild from New York but super solid. Gonna be putting in a W4M PCM, Volant CAI, plugs & wires, thinking about blacking out the grilles as well this week.

OmegaSupreme
07-17-12, 11:28 PM
The thread is a few months old, but I gotta give props! I recently bought a 2004 V with 60K miles. Just like all of you that have had problems with the oil pressure sender, when I was driving the nearly 100 miles back home after the purchase, I nearly crapped myself when I saw the oil pressure pegged and stuck at 129 PSI.
Some quick goggling, a handful of threads on cadillacforums.com, and especially this thread with the recommended tools, I have a working, accurate oil pressure gauge.
And for anyone out there that has the same problem but hasn't changed theirs due to them thinking it's too difficult, know that I'm a horrible mechanic. I was able to get the job done in under 20 minutes. Most that time was removing the strut cross bar, popping off the engine cover and locating the sender. After that, it was 2 minutes, tops, to get them switched out. VERY easy.

Thanks again lostnsand for your help and photos.

OmegaSupreme
07-18-12, 11:26 PM
So, 24 hours after I changed the oil pressure sender, my check engine light is on. I haven't been able to go to check the DTCs yet, but is there any chance it's related to the sender change? Anyone know?

OmegaSupreme
07-19-12, 09:14 PM
Never mind on the check engine light. I was finally able to get my codes pulled: dirty MAF.

Thanks again

lostnsand
07-23-12, 11:17 PM
Sorry I have been in the process of buying my first house and moving and dealing with work so the V has went to the back burner for now.. Glad it was an easy fix on both for you though! See you on the road!