: Electrical issue 2004 cts-v. Jumpers were put on backwards?

cashman04
02-25-12, 03:16 AM
I have been looking to buy one of these, and found one in florida tonight. Apparently someone had hooked up the jumpers backwards and now the power windows don't work, and the traction control and alarm lights are now on. Has anyone have any insight as to what might be broken? I was a mechanic for toyota, and the few times this ever happened, it was usually a main fuse that was blown(the ones that bolted in) I want to assume that this could be a possibility, but I have never worked on a CTS, so I am unsure if it even has the same type of fuse set up. Any insight would be appreciated.

Oh, and if it doesn't sound like the car is FUBAR from it, I think I will be flying down to check it out possibly/hopefully.

Thanks,

odthetruth
02-25-12, 03:55 AM
Fuses or ECM / BCM

Kingoftypos
02-25-12, 04:03 AM
Agreed, if you don't mind me asking. How much are they asking? And how are you gonna fix it or get it home to fix it? Since your gonna have to pick up a flight down there?

You say it's an 04, but what size engine? It's either a 3.2 or a 3.6. Two totally different types.

KOT

X Rolls-Royce
02-25-12, 04:49 AM
It is a Vee, KOT. I imagine he's planning on fixing it and then driving back home with it.

Cashman, is it the one on Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa ? I live here and could look at it for you.

With the theft light on its likeliest to be the ECM. Its right on the engine and easy to change but then it needs to be reflashed by the dealer.

Sometimes the ones with the service theft activated are seemingly impossible to fix (don't ask why, if we knew it wouldn't be impossible) and you are taking a gamble.

Agreed, if you don't mind me asking. How much are they asking? And how are you gonna fix it or get it home to fix it? Since your gonna have to pick up a flight down there?

You say it's an 04, but what size engine? It's either a 3.2 or a 3.6. Two totally different types.

KOT

odthetruth
02-25-12, 06:26 AM
Oh, and moved to V section.

cashman04
02-25-12, 12:24 PM
Damn, and as of writing this(I had a lengthy response), I got a call back from the company selling it. It appears it actually did sell through the auction on Thursday, yet they still had it listed on the auction website like it was for sale through them....... Oh well.
I am actively searching for one of these right now, so if anyone ever has any leads, give me a yell please?

Thanks for the help.

odthetruth
02-25-12, 06:10 PM
If you are looking for one... check the ads here as well. I know I saw one or two that needed some cosmetic repair but were selling very low. Might be the best bet if you are on a budget and don't mind getting your hands dirty.