: Serpentine Belt

JAKE91
11-15-04, 09:21 AM
I CHANGED THE SERPENTINE BELT ON MY '93 BROUGHAM SATURDAY. THE STEERING IS MUCH TIGHTER.
IN THE PAST, SOME OF THE BOYS IN HERE HAVE MENTIONED THE STEERING HITCH WHEN MAKING A RIGHT TURN. MINE DID IT AND NOW IT DOES NOT. :drinker

THE SERPENTINE BELT HAD SMALL CRACKS IN IT, AND COULD HAVE BEEN GOOD FOR AWHILE, BUT I DECIDED TO CHANGE IT ANYWAY.

THEY STRETCH AFTER ABOUT 25-30 K MILES. :crying:

RBraczyk
11-15-04, 10:40 AM
I'd change mine, but I dont' have the time or the money. Nor do I know how old my belt is.

ocjmakaveli
11-17-04, 02:34 PM
I'd change mine, but I dont' have the time or the money. Nor do I know how old my belt is.
well belts range between 10-30 bucks and on the fleetwood it s SUPER EASY with soooo much space to work with its takes about 3 minutes from start to finish its easier if u have help though an extra set of hands to put the belt on

RBraczyk
11-17-04, 10:52 PM
Yes but a fleetwood is nice and close to the ground.

brougham
11-18-04, 01:10 AM
Who cares how close to the ground it is. Just climb up under the hood and change it :bonkers:

ocjmakaveli
11-18-04, 02:19 AM
Yes but a fleetwood is nice and close to the ground.
a ladder should be enough :D i know what u mean though my suburban is such a pain when i had to change the small belt taht goes at the bottom omg it was a trying time to do it myself althought the big one was easy most cars have an automatic tensioner thing makes it a breeze to change

RBraczyk
11-18-04, 06:30 AM
Its a pain in the ass to do anything in that engine bay. I'm right at that height, where i need about 4 more inches of height to reach most stuff. Sad, I know. :(