: New V1 owner from texas here!

BadBlkV
02-23-12, 05:31 PM
Hey everyone! I just purchased my 2005 V locally for 2 Grand with a blown motor, I already have a low mile LS6 ready to toss in, just stumbled across this fourm and thought id join for all the great threads ive been reading through all day. My modding has already started, ill post pics as I take them....

Lord Cadillac
02-23-12, 05:33 PM
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your CTS-V! Do post those pictures when you can! :)

BadBlkV
02-23-12, 05:54 PM
Thank you, im trying to upload a few on my computer now....

----------

The first two pics are when she got towed to my house.
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/IMG013.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/IMG012.jpg
This is my new rims I put on it, still waiting to tear apart and paint the centers black
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/rims-1.jpg
Whats left of my piston and the reason I bought it soo cheap from a dumb guy who knew nothing about this car....
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/guts.jpg

Lord Cadillac
02-23-12, 05:58 PM
Very nice! Thank you for posting the pictures. Those are HUGE exhaust tips! So we're going to have another modified first generation CTS-V on our hands. :) Good luck with it!

BadBlkV
02-23-12, 06:02 PM
Very nice! Thank you for posting the pictures. Those are HUGE exhaust tips! So we're going to have another modified first generation CTS-V on our hands. :) Good luck with it!
Thanks and yes, its a full Borla setup, I have some OBX long tubes now that im making fit, my main goal is just to get her running but in the mean time I cant help but to add on random parts.

Ny's Caddy
02-23-12, 06:46 PM
Thank you, im trying to upload a few on my computer now....

----------

The first two pics are when she got towed to my house.

This is my new rims I put on it, still waiting to tear apart and paint the centers black

Whats left of my piston and the reason I bought it soo cheap from a dumb guy who knew nothing about this car....

Not knowing about the car!!!! Hell that guy must not know his head from his ass 2 grand wow how come I never run into dumb asses

Lord Cadillac
02-23-12, 06:54 PM
Holy F! I forgot he mentioned getting it for $2k! My goodness! It's just not fair! :p

Claimslngr
02-23-12, 08:36 PM
You have done a great job so far;

1. you bought it for nothing
2. you are fixing it yourself
3. you read the forum before posting stupid questions
4. you put great rims on before she even runs!

A hearty welcome and it looks like you will be a great addition to the forum!

Good Luck

----------

Oh yeah forgot to ask, #7 or #8 piston?

rand49er
02-23-12, 08:43 PM
Welcome! I'd guess you're going to be in a V for way under $10k plus have the satisfaction of doing a bunch of work on it yourself.

If that piston is any indication of how the previous owner treated the car, make sure you check out the clutch real well. Was the guy spraying or something?

thebigjimsho
02-23-12, 10:16 PM
$2K????????????????

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Seriously, though, AMAZING score. If I had found that, damn...

BadBlkV
02-23-12, 10:46 PM
Thanks guys, I got a TON of GREAT info from this site, to answer your questions, Yes the guy was seriously dumb. The car is still on El Paso craigslist for 4K, I told him his North Carolina title was salvage due to it being pink (in Texas pink is salvage), the car has a clean carfax and has only one dent in the rear bumper. Also he told me it had a Northstar V8 so it was fast, thats when I knew it was time to low ball him lol. I offered 2K and he took it, I towed it home and tore her apart while ordering the wheels, headers, intake, and such. Piston 8 was the one that is in my hands above, I am pulling the motor out tomorrow so ill be able to check the clutch and possibly order a new one, the car has 120k so its about time if there isnt already a decent one in there seeing it came with a full Borla exhaust so somebody along the line of owners had some sense lol. I hope I can start sharing my progress and get some pointers from some guys on here with far more knowledge on the car then me. Its my first V, im a ford guy(my dirty mustang in the pics) but the one V i rode in changed my mind on the LS motors! Cant wait!!!!

odthetruth
02-24-12, 12:31 AM
2k? You find it in a container on Storage Wars or something?! LOL Good find.

Welcome to the forum.

rand49er
02-24-12, 08:46 AM
El Paso? Are you in El Paso? I used to work on Rojas which used to be the far east side. My first Taurus SHO got stolen in El Paso. Ah-h ... El Paso.

thebigjimsho
02-24-12, 10:29 AM
El Paso is a dirty, dirty place...

JD03Cobra
02-24-12, 10:58 AM
^^ lol...yeah sweet deal! I'm liking those wheels.

I hate my AMG
02-24-12, 12:55 PM
Awesome deal! That's ****ing great the north star and title thing some people are truly clueless.

rand49er
02-24-12, 01:45 PM
El Paso is a dirty, dirty place...My car probably went directly to Juarez across the border about three miles from where it got taken. That was in Nov '91. At the time, El Paso was having 50 cars stolen every week ... a friggin' epidemic.

Ah-h ... El Paso.

BadBlkV
02-25-12, 03:35 AM
Yeah its still bad here as far as auto theft but im crossing my fingers the V will be safe, they seem to like trucks the most around here followed by hondas and such. By chance does anybody know if they had black on black Vs in 05? Ive used google but keep pulling up blk and tan like mine is. Ive spent the last day tearing it apart and replacing it with black interior as well as a black base cts arm rest. All I forgot to get off ebay was the seatbelts so ill just deal with the tan for the back belts for now.

rand49er
02-25-12, 09:54 AM
I thought black on black was the most common combo.

You'll like that console.

BadBlkV
02-25-12, 12:26 PM
Mine had tan seats and carpet and just didnt look right. I do love the counsle already just after seeing them side by side. Today its time to plasti dip the grills then await the "jake" crest decal I ordered to come in. Now only if my car was running id be happy with the progress:(

thebigjimsho
02-25-12, 01:11 PM
I went back on Search Tempest yesterday to scan Craigslist sites. The El Paso ad is still up. DAMMIT!

I search regularly but hadn't for a couple of weeks. While I would've bargained, I would've gladly paid the $4G and paid my buddy to tow it back. DAMMIT!

BadBlkV
02-25-12, 01:33 PM
I went back on Search Tempest yesterday to scan Craigslist sites. The El Paso ad is still up. DAMMIT!

I search regularly but hadn't for a couple of weeks. While I would've bargained, I would've gladly paid the $4G and paid my buddy to tow it back. DAMMIT!
Yeah I was ready to pay the 4Gs until the guy said "Im not even sure how to read this title in Texas" and "It has a Northstar V8" so I started to dispute the NC title being salvage here just because of the color as well as not knowing if the motor could be rebuilt. Isaid he could take my 2Gs or hope another mechanic wanted his overpriced car lol. He would have made double if he just shut up and let me check out the car. Not that it matters but the block and heads are both shot so I cant rebuild that motor but for the price I paid I feel like I won the lotto! Im just excited to start her up soon! I cant wait!

thebigjimsho
02-25-12, 01:35 PM
Won the lotto is right. There is a rebuilt salvage V on eBay with bidding into the 13s...

BadBlkV
02-25-12, 03:32 PM
Damn if I wasn't in love with it id flip it for 14 fixed haha!

BadBlkV
02-26-12, 12:15 AM
So today I got the front grills all apart, the headlights are tomorrow, I plasti diped them and am going to do one more layer tomorrow. I also went tire shoping because mine are about done(bought rear used just to toss the rims on) I am debating on the KDWs or some Nittos. Heres another shot to show how far the rims already poke out so im going for a tire that looks good and also performs.
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/IMG021.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/IMG023.jpg
http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac35/westcoaststar/IMG019.jpg

cam3439
02-26-12, 09:27 PM
^I like that design, but they will get loud once worn down some.

alradco
02-27-12, 12:30 AM
What a deal! Congrats.