: CTS-V?! help?

a215denver
02-21-12, 06:38 PM
ok so as i said before im a real novice :)

im looking to just buy a V instead of doing up my 07 3.6 .... but i DO NOT wanna trade it in .. just give it to my wifey..

so when i was reading a couple different posts, i saw someine saw it had the "small engine"? what are the different engines that the V comes in? what are the different trims avaible? and for the best motor, and best trim what would i be looking to spend roughly? do only certain years have the bigger motor? i would LIKE to spend 23k or under.. possible? and whats the difference in specs (HP,ETC) in the two motors/trims.. THANKS for your help - Nick

----------

sorry about the spelling, im posting from my phone and its an old POS.. and it wont let me edit my post :/

----------

thanks

carrnuttdave
02-21-12, 08:17 PM
You should post this in the V forum.

ghettomike
02-22-12, 10:17 AM
for under 23grand you will be buying a 04 or 05 with the 5.7L
the 6.0L was 06 and 07 and they still go for 25-35grand depending on mileage...at least in canada.

carrnuttdave
02-22-12, 12:18 PM
Depending on where your at. I've seen a couple of V's around here. Salt lake city. One was around $16,000 and the other $13999 but it ahad a branded title. I posted a link to it in the random spam sticky

----------

I was wrong this is the one I thought was 16
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=6065840

----------

Heres a couple more
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=5001409

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?sid=0&nid=443&tab=list/view&ad=6106461

odthetruth
02-22-12, 11:42 PM
Moved to the V general discussion forum. And... LOL @ Small engine. Poor LS6 guys... Small engine, glass diff. LOL
As for the engines...

From 2004 and 2005, the CTS-V came with the 5.7 L pushrod OHV LS6 engine producing 400 hp (298 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 395 lbft (536 Nm) of torque at 4,800 rpm. The 5 lbft (7 Nm) torque reduction of the CTS-V vs the LS6 used in the C5 Z06, was due to the exhaust manifold that needed to be used on the CTS-V. From 2006 to 2007, the previous LS6 engine was superseded by the new 6.0 L OHV LS2 engine as used in the base 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The new LS2 engine was rated at the same 400 hp (298 kW) at 6,000 rpm with the peak torque of 395 lbft (536 Nm) at 4,400 rpm. While both engines offer the same HP and torque specifications, the LS2's benefit was a wider torque band, due to the higher displacement it offered.

There's no "smaller engine" in a CTS-V. Both are V8, both haul serious ass. Anyone trying to sell you a CTS-V with a smaller engine, might trying to sell you a V6 badged up or something.

:stirpot: let the mudflap vs tiny engine discussions begin.

thebigjimsho
02-23-12, 06:45 AM
Hold me close, oh tiny engine! Count the headlights on the highway...

rand49er
02-23-12, 08:19 AM
Love my tiny engine.

a215denver
02-23-12, 10:14 AM
man u know what the **** i meant... i meant smaller engine as in SMALLER, i would consider 5.7 SMALLER than 6.0... not by much..but it still is.. no need to be a dick, sorry im not the smartest nor expierenced cts-v enthusiast... it was a question... because for all know i thought that is what a forum is for? to ask questions when you dont know or cant find the answer... guess im a dumb ass, guess NOONE SHOULD ASK SHIT if they cant word it absolutly perfect for you. btw, i never used the word "tiny" at any given moment..
:tisk:

to the others who answered the question like a normal decent person THANK YOU, that will be considered when the time comes.

----------

THANK YOU sir, yes i know there is no SMALL engine, i just saw someone word a different post telling a guy for 20k he would prolly only get a V with the smaller engine... i did know there both v8's but i didnt know they both put out the same HP/T ... and so why is the 6.0 that much better? displacement?

thebigjimsho
02-23-12, 10:29 AM
Oh dear, if this sets you off you may want to stay with a CTS.

FYI, there is a friendly war of words between LS2 and LS6 guys. LS2 guys say our engines are small, we call the LS2 a truck motor since they went in the SSR and Trailblazer.

We know you didn't say tiny engine, that was directed at the LS6 guys.

Either chill a bit or we can enjoy a new whipping boy...

Claimslngr
02-23-12, 11:21 AM
Wow,

How about what any newbie should read,

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/

Welcome to the forum!

Good Luck

odthetruth
02-23-12, 12:39 PM
man u know what the **** i meant... i meant smaller engine as in SMALLER, i would consider 5.7 SMALLER than 6.0... not by much..but it still is.. no need to be a dick, sorry im not the smartest nor expierenced cts-v enthusiast... it was a question... because for all know i thought that is what a forum is for? to ask questions when you dont know or cant find the answer... guess im a dumb ass, guess NOONE SHOULD ASK SHIT if they cant word it absolutly perfect for you. btw, i never used the word "tiny" at any given moment..
:tisk:

to the others who answered the question like a normal decent person THANK YOU, that will be considered when the time comes.

----------

THANK YOU sir, yes i know there is no SMALL engine, i just saw someone word a different post telling a guy for 20k he would prolly only get a V with the smaller engine... i did know there both v8's but i didnt know they both put out the same HP/T ... and so why is the 6.0 that much better? displacement?

Should I get you a cranberry juice? You on the rag? Relax my good man, it was in jest. You need to use the search button, or a simple google \ wiki would have given you the info I quoted. Welcome to the forum... and the internet.

[edit]
LOL I noticed that it would be considered when the time comes... Judgement day? Either way:

From 2004 and 2005, the CTS-V came with the 5.7 L pushrod OHV LS6 engine producing 400 hp (298 kW) at 6,000 rpm and 395 lbft (536 Nm) of torque at 4,800 rpm. The 5 lbft (7 Nm) torque reduction of the CTS-V vs the LS6 used in the C5 Z06, was due to the exhaust manifold that needed to be used on the CTS-V. From 2006 to 2007, the previous LS6 engine was superseded by the new 6.0 L OHV LS2 engine as used in the base 2006 Chevrolet Corvette. The new LS2 engine was rated at the same 400 hp (298 kW) at 6,000 rpm with the peak torque of 395 lbft (536 Nm) at 4,400 rpm. While both engines offer the same HP and torque specifications, the LS2's benefit was a wider torque band, due to the higher displacement it offered.

Love my tiny engine.

LOL :thumbsup:

ghettomike
02-23-12, 12:57 PM
just bought a 2022 CTS-V Coupe with a 8.4L v10...all your engines are Tiny.
yup..im 10 years ahead of you all...if anyone want to borrow Flux Capacitor just let me know.

rand49er
02-23-12, 07:50 PM
man u know what the **** i meant... i meant smaller engine as in SMALLER, i would consider 5.7 SMALLER than 6.0... not by much..but it still is.. no need to be a dick, sorry im not the smartest nor expierenced cts-v enthusiast... it was a question... because for all know i thought that is what a forum is for? to ask questions when you dont know or cant find the answer... guess im a dumb ass, guess NOONE SHOULD ASK SHIT if they cant word it absolutly perfect for you. btw, i never used the word "tiny" at any given moment.. :tisk:to the others who answered the question like a normal decent person THANK YOU, that will be considered when the time comes.----------THANK YOU sir, yes i know there is no SMALL engine, i just saw someone word a different post telling a guy for 20k he would prolly only get a V with the smaller engine... i did know there both v8's but i didnt know they both put out the same HP/T ... and so why is the 6.0 that much better? displacement?Give us a break! It's been a long winter (mild as it's been), and my car is still under wraps, so some of us are suffering through V withdrawal. Besides, it was funny ... your terminology was funny!

thebigjimsho
02-23-12, 09:29 PM
Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamless powerband
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny engine in my hand

Jesus freaks out in the street
Handing tickets out for God
Turning back she just laughs
The LS2 is not that bad

Piano man he makes his stand
In the auditorium
Looking on she sings the songs
The words she knows the valves, she hums

But oh how it feels so real
Lying here with no one near
Only you and you can hear me
When I say softly slowly

Hold me closer tiny engine
Count the headlights on the highway
Lay me down in sheets of linen
you had a busy day today

Blue jean baby, L.A. lady, seamless powerband
Pretty eyed, pirate smile, you'll marry a music man
Ballerina, you must have seen her dancing in the sand
And now she's in me, always with me, tiny engine in my hand

Claimslngr
02-23-12, 09:48 PM
Oh do you have to much time on your hands....

but that is some funny sh** right there!

odthetruth
02-23-12, 11:29 PM
To quote thebigjimsho...

Can we spam here now?

rand49er
02-24-12, 07:51 AM
So, that's the words to that song.

Who knew?

thebigjimsho
02-24-12, 09:31 AM
Google'n lyrics takes seconds.

Wingsfan4life
02-24-12, 07:18 PM
IMHO buy the V and you'll be happy and have perma grin, while the 3.6 crowd that wanna be V owners will envy you while there seeing tail lights....