: Auto head lights???

carguy16
11-14-04, 09:52 PM
Does the 94 FWB have this???

I want to have my head lights on during the day, I turned my head lights on, but it makes the dash so dim, even with after I adjust the brightness to all the way up.

Or should I be asking, does my car have Day time running lamps??? I dont recall seeing anything about it in the manual, unless this is just a thing for '95s and up?

I dont know about you guys, but when i start the car, I turn my head lights on, standard procedure, everyone can see you better.

scurling
11-14-04, 10:35 PM
Carguy: I'm with you on the DRLs. I like them, but our '94 doesn't have them. The Canadian export version does however, so they parts are available. Conversion shouldn't be too involved. I just cover the light sensor on the dash and leave the twilight switch on.

brougham
11-15-04, 01:43 AM
All of them should have automatic headlights. scurling is right. It sounds like it's daytime running lights that you want. The only time I turn the headlights on is when it's dark out and I hardly ever turn them on in the Cadillac since they come on automatically.

ShadowLvr400
11-15-04, 03:20 AM
You people want DRL??? I hate that feature with such a passion. I want my lights OFF during the day. I want to be able to turn them off when driving. That is SO annoying!

scurling
11-15-04, 07:26 AM
I quess this DRL obsession was beaten into me in my Army days. Military vehicles run with lights on (in non-combat areas) for safety.

HotRodSaint
11-15-04, 10:42 AM
I quess this DRL obsession was beaten into me in my Army days. Military vehicles run with lights on (in non-combat areas) for safety.

Turning the lights off a civilian car with the engine running could be a saftey issue too.

You never know when you might make a right turn into a combat zone. :gun:

RBraczyk
11-15-04, 10:43 AM
They should be fused so you could either pull the DRL fuse or rewire it so that they don't come on. You have a little photon cell on your dash so when your lights are set to delay I think, your headlights come one when that photon stops recieving light. Thats the closest thing to automatic lights you get.

DopeStar 156
11-15-04, 12:24 PM
My Malibu has DRL's (headlights only on all the time) that only come on when the car is in gear. I always use the Twilight Sentinel Lights on my Fleetwood (the lights come on when it's dark out) so I never have to manually turn my lights on. DRL's in my opinion suck, I think they look retarded during the day but I'm sure a conversion can be done. If not, flip on the Twilight Sentinel and put something over the sensor and your lights will always be on.

cmgrafmc
04-07-05, 09:40 PM
DRL isn't just "Gee, your lights come on during the day, too!" DRLs run your lights at a lower wattage. Depending on the model, your side marker lamps may not light and your tail lamps may remain off. If you run with your regular headlamps on all day, you're driving around with your dash lights, your side maker lights and your tail lamps and your radio will dim. All of those things will burn out faster that way. DRLs are a safety issue and come in handy mostly in the winter/early spring when it's overcast outside and not quite dark enough for the sentinel to kick on.

adam_mcd
04-07-05, 11:23 PM
where the hell is the sensor for a 79? i always wondered where..