Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cracked block!!!!

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ThumperPup 
#1 ·
Was dripping antifrezze slowly for sometime. Was not driving the car regularly. Mechanic shows me 2 cracks in the block where im leaking antifreeze from. The sad part is that i did a headgasket jod using norm studs about 20 months ago. Is there any solution other than swapping the engine???? I got an offer for a northstar engine and trans vin 9 from a friend of mines whose car was a hit and run for only 750$, it only has 55k on the engine.. Need some advise guys thanks alot....

#3 ·
As Ranger said... there is no fix for a cracked block except replacing it.

$750 for an engine and transmission with 55K on it is a steal. What year car is it coming out of?

I believe the easiest swap would be with a 2000-2002... to make sure take a look at the sticky at the top of this board titled "Northstar Swaps - What years are interchangeable and the differences" if it's a different year.

#12 ·
is yoru deville a DTS model ?
if not then there is gona be some problems but they can be worked threw with putting a vin 9 drivetrian into a vin y car

your not alone here
i had my Headgaskets done in April 2010 and in August 4 months latter i found the block cracked
ended up getting a new never used N- BLock from Northstar Performance
jake is like really hard to get in touch with from the way things sound
i know i think i paid 500 for the new block from him

you might want to just get in touch with him and see if you can get a block from him overhuald your engine into that new block
even with a new drivtrain when you have the engine your replace it with used out you sure has heck better do the stud or atleast norm sirt the block whyll its out cause it would really be a pain when it happens again

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.