: plasti-dipped emblems, grilles, side vents, trimbrite (pics inside)

Captain McFunk
02-20-12, 09:55 AM
Hey guys,

I took ownership of my CTS-V yesterday and got to work blacking out most of the chrome ( I can't stand chrome). I did the following:

plasti-dipped upper and lower grilles, side vents, rear badge & chrome trim, debadged cts emblem, used trimbrite on all of the trim. This all took 1 can of plasti-dip, and I did all of it while on the car. If it gets on the paint, just peel it off, this stuff is amazing. I stuffed newspaper behind the grilles to keep plast-dip from getting on anything. I've had no ill effects performance wise from doing this.

Vents before:

Vents after:

Trim before:

Trim after:

Rear badge blackout:

Grille during:

Final pics:

I'm considering blacking out the whole emblem on the back instead of leaving the colors. I will be blacking out the V emblems, just trying to decide on if I should do the whole emblem or just like the cadillac emblem. Also going to be plasti-dipping the wheels as well. Airraid intake is already on order, along with the isolator.

Thoughts? Comments?

Thanks!

-Adam

GMX322V S/C
02-20-12, 02:01 PM
Did you use the UV-resistant aerosol? I'd be interested in how well it holds up as time goes by. Please keep us posted. Thanks!

rednumbers
02-20-12, 05:39 PM
Looks great. I painted my grille with regular paint an primer but it is chipping. I figure plasti dip will hold up better over time

Would you say the finish is gloss or more matte. Hard to see in the pics

Captain McFunk
02-20-12, 08:14 PM
Matte for sure

Cub Cadet
02-20-12, 08:22 PM
Looks awesome!!!

tabio42
02-20-12, 08:57 PM
Looks great. How many coats? Also, how does that front emblem come off too get the grill underneath it?

JOEYCTS-V
02-20-12, 09:45 PM
Did you use the UV-resistant aerosol?

:yeah:

SS1LE02
02-20-12, 11:17 PM
Looks great on the White. That's a great contrast.

I don't think it would look good on my Thunder Gray car though.

DaveVagon
02-21-12, 12:24 AM
I thought about doing black chrome but those look pretty good. Thanks for the idea!

qictrk
02-21-12, 01:00 AM
I too, like it against the white. Makes a nice contrast. Cecil...................

sfv41901
02-21-12, 01:17 AM
/\ X3

I'd like to know how the window trim will hold up compared to the wrap?

thebigjimsho
02-21-12, 07:50 AM
Looks great. How many coats? Also, how does that front emblem come off too get the grill underneath it?

It's stuck on with adhesive. Heat it up a bit and SLOWLY pry it off...

----------

Looks great. I painted my grille with regular paint an primer but it is chipping. I figure plasti dip will hold up better over time

Would you say the finish is gloss or more matte. Hard to see in the pics

I would prefer more sheen. The great thing about the V1 grilles were that they were metal and could powdercoat. A regular black was perfect.

But, I just did the grilles on my Black Raven '09. So the matte black blends in well. I hear rumors that there is a gloss coating but I have yet to see it...

JOEYCTS-V
02-21-12, 08:29 AM
I know they have a gloss spray that you apply after to make it glossy.

thebigjimsho
02-21-12, 08:35 AM
I'd love to get some. Show me how...

M5eater
02-21-12, 08:38 AM

Jim has it right. IMO, having done this, I would have left it on since we're talking about plastidip here. Just razor knife around the edges and peel off the over spray.

I'd love to get some. Show me how...
www.dipyourcar.com

good job btw OP! Blacked-out trim on white cars always looks good.

thebigjimsho
02-21-12, 08:43 AM
Jim has it right. IMO, having done this, I would have left it on since we're talking about plastidip here. Just razor knife around the edges and peel off the over spray.

www.dipyourcar.com

good job btw OP! Blacked-out trim on white cars always looks good.

I love you lots...

GreaseMonkey
02-21-12, 08:47 AM
I used it on a set of winter wheels on my previous vehicle. Held up extremely well, even against salt and all the other crap on the road. Doesn't get too sunny in Michigan during the winter, so can't attest to UV fade resistance.

I'm searcing their website and not finding much on that subject. http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Captain McFunk
02-21-12, 09:18 AM

I did 3 coats on everything, and I left the emblem on the front. I just masked it off. It's great, because if you get any on the emblem, you just peel it off.

:yeah:

idk if it's UV-resistant, but I don't see it fading. I live in Arkansas where it gets HOT in the summer, and have never had a problem with it fading.

/\ X3

I'd like to know how the window trim will hold up compared to the wrap?

I've had trim-brite on all of my cars, and have LOVED it. It's $5 for a roll too, so if it fades, you can just replace it. Takes about a minute to do a piece with an xacto knife.

I know they have a gloss spray that you apply after to make it glossy.

Yes, it's a plasti-dip clear coat that will make it glossy. I prefer the matte look.

I used it on a set of winter wheels on my previous vehicle. Held up extremely well, even against salt and all the other crap on the road. Doesn't get too sunny in Michigan during the winter, so can't attest to UV fade resistance.

I'm searcing their website and not finding much on that subject. http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

I'm going to do the stock wheels in matte black with this stuff as soon as I get my next set of cans in. i will update accordingly.

Fireverm
02-21-12, 10:37 AM
My black out trim was done with paint and I'm starting to see some chips in the grills and front emblem so I might strip that off and go this Plasti-dip route as well.

SoCalCTSV
02-21-12, 08:20 PM
To each their own. I don't get spray can solutions on $70,000 cars.

Captain McFunk
02-21-12, 09:42 PM
To each their own. I don't get spray can solutions on $70,000 cars.

lol at this comment. My car was $45k. And it looks stock. And this must mean you've NEVER painted anything aftermarket on your car....because they're all some type of "spray". But I suppose opinions can be to their own as well...

thebigjimsho
02-21-12, 10:24 PM
Your $70K car has plastic grilles. That must be scathing enough...

CoppeR
02-22-12, 09:13 AM
Looks sweet! How much of the rear crest and emblem did you mask off or did u just peel a fair amount of it off in between the emblems?

SoCalCTSV
02-22-12, 11:00 AM
lol at this comment. My car was $45k. And it looks stock. And this must mean you've NEVER painted anything aftermarket on your car....because they're all some type of "spray". But I suppose opinions can be to their own as well...

I did the grill on my 74 Duster and also my 66 Chevelle.

It's all the rage now. Local detail shops offer this service and even the Range Rover dealer offered to black out the Evoke we just ordered.

The awesome thing about this is we have a choice. Otherwise, we all drive the same car.

M5eater
02-22-12, 11:14 AM

It's all the rage now. Local detail shops offer this service and even the Range Rover dealer offered to black out the Evoke we just ordered.

The awesome thing about this is we have a choice. Otherwise, we all drive the same car.

really? They have plasti-dip service? Or they just said 'well paint it black'

SoCalCTSV
02-22-12, 11:32 AM
really? They have plasti-dip service? Or they just said 'well paint it black'

I was talking more generally about the black out look but I have seen shops offer a plastic dip, a paint and a wrap service.

550HP STSV
02-22-12, 04:32 PM
anyone have a source for black and chrome emblems? 8th day creations is no longer around, I believe.

thebigjimsho
02-22-12, 05:49 PM

The awesome thing about this is we have a choice. Otherwise, we all drive the same car.Pics of that Evoque ASAFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but I think a 2 door Evoque is the MOST PIMP vehicle out there. Even more than the V coupe...

undertaker
02-22-12, 08:37 PM
well I'm interested in doing this to my black diamond, probably would go the same route and hit the V emblems as well (leave the colors, black out the edges) probably leave all the chrome on the front wreath.....

of course I asked one of my buddies at work who use to manage a local speed shop and he said he's used plasti dip in the past with 4-5 coats of black and the gloss on his wife's truck grill and it didn't hold up well. Not entirely sure on how much prep he did but he's pretty thorough with everything I've seen. Last position I want to be in is having the front grill chip and having to peel it off and try and redo...

was able to get the black at home depot but gloss coat is no where to be found so I have some time to debate, seems like I'm ordering the gloss online.

mberisha
02-22-12, 09:25 PM
Pics of that Evoque ASAFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know why, but I think a 2 door Evoque is the MOST PIMP vehicle out there. Even more than the V coupe...

YES THAT!!!! Send pics...looking to get my bride an Evoque when we get back to the states! "Blacked out" would be......SIC!

thebigjimsho
02-22-12, 10:43 PM
well I'm interested in doing this to my black diamond, probably would go the same route and hit the V emblems as well (leave the colors, black out the edges) probably leave all the chrome on the front wreath.....

of course I asked one of my buddies at work who use to manage a local speed shop and he said he's used plasti dip in the past with 4-5 coats of black and the gloss on his wife's truck grill and it didn't hold up well. Not entirely sure on how much prep he did but he's pretty thorough with everything I've seen. Last position I want to be in is having the front grill chip and having to peel it off and try and redo...

was able to get the black at home depot but gloss coat is no where to be found so I have some time to debate, seems like I'm ordering the gloss online.Being a rubberized coating, I just don't see how it wouldn't work. I've had my grilles done for a few months with zero issues...

CoppeR
02-23-12, 09:18 AM
Checked out the site, dipyourcar.com and watched all the videos. Im sold!!!

M5eater
02-23-12, 09:41 AM

was able to get the black at home depot but gloss coat is no where to be found so I have some time to debate, seems like I'm ordering the gloss online.

Prep work for plasti-dip is basicly wash and rinse. My Grille-- upper and lower has 0 chips in it after several months of use so far. The thing is though, even if it chips or breaks, you just spray some more on, there's no color matching or feathering prep.

Captain McFunk
02-23-12, 09:44 AM
Checked out the site, dipyourcar.com and watched all the videos. Im sold!!!

That website is awesome. I'm considering doing a little something on the hood to try it out before I do something in vinyl. Great site.

SoCalCTSV
02-23-12, 10:53 AM
Pics of that Evoque ASAFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES THAT!!!! Send pics...looking to get my bride an Evoque when we get back to the states! "Blacked out" would be......SIC!

I love the 2 door in black or silver but this is my wife's kid and dog carrier. This is the base model car but close to what we ordered. There are three trim levels - PURE (base model), PRETIGE (luxury, which we ordered) and DYNAMIC (Sportier, black trim, squared tail pipes). I think the trim is all chrome on our Prestige trim. This has the base wheels at 19. We got the 20 in a satin silver finish. Almost like an anthracite silver.

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/2078/imagefki.jpg

Same tail pipes.
http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/3780/imagesef.jpg

It is short and squat. I'm 6'3" and my neck is at the roof line. Full length glass panoramic roof with powere sun shade. Victoria Beckham designed the interior. Rear pass headroom and leg room is better than in my Jeep. Spare in the floor of trunk instead of under the car. Powered rear hatch.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Speedtrapped
02-23-12, 03:01 PM
my vagon, front and back have been plasti dipped for 7 months now....no issues...funny because the bumper chrome on the vagon got scuffed from my detail guy, using an orbital....I just peeled it off and resprayed 3 coats. the stuff is awesome. and if applied right, looks great. I could not get the wax marks off the hood lip, there were a couple faint ghost marks that contrasted with the matte plasti dip...took detail spray on a cloth, and wiped the piece down(plasti dipped!), wax came off, and left a nice glossier matte finish....the stuff is magic I tell ya.

FLYING V
02-24-12, 10:44 AM
I had the grill painted with Plasti-Dip on my previous car for almost two years and probably 30k+ miles with zero issues, great stuff. Planning on doing the V as soon as the weather turns.

thebigjimsho
02-25-12, 12:00 PM
I had the grill painted with Plasti-Dip on my previous car for almost two years and probably 30k+ miles with zero issues, great stuff. Planning on doing the V as soon as the weather turns.

Amsome!

FFBOS
02-25-12, 04:30 PM
Did you also stuff newspaper behind the lower grill? I ordered some of the plasti-dip, but I have a heat exchanger behind the lower grill and I obviously don't want to spray that.

Captain McFunk
02-25-12, 08:01 PM
Did you also stuff newspaper behind the lower grill? I ordered some of the plasti-dip, but I have a heat exchanger behind the lower grill and I obviously don't want to spray that.

Yes, I did.

FFBOS
02-25-12, 09:09 PM
Did you remove the pop rivets from below and just put a bunch up there?

CTSV4now
02-28-12, 01:45 PM
Can you plasti-dip the window trim as well or does Scotchbrite tape look better?

FFBOS
02-28-12, 05:15 PM
I've had to redo some small areas where the doors meet in the middle with the trim brite. The tape is somewhat difficult to get around the raised edge, so it peels. I might try the plasti-dip

CoppeR
02-28-12, 05:30 PM
Can you plasti-dip the window trim as well or does Scotchbrite tape look better?

Yep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLdj4mlDC_g&feature=player_embedded

Bullet Tooth
02-28-12, 05:31 PM
I used plasti-dip on my grill this weekend (posted a picture in the thread in general discussions.) Unbelievably, it worked just as shown in the dipyourcar.com videos. It worked incredibly well, left a very nice finish and was easy to paint and remove. I wish I would have used this stuff before. One of the guys in my office has a side business customizing expensive cars, mostly for pro athletes. He was amazed with the results as well. Time will tell with its durability, but I haven't seen any reports yet on the boards that would indicate it did not do well over time.

sfv41901
02-28-12, 08:36 PM
That looks too easy.

M5eater
02-28-12, 09:13 PM
That looks too easy.
It's because Fonzie is dreamy when he's plastidiping.

FFBOS
02-29-12, 05:55 PM
Whats not easy.....trying to place cardboard pieces in front of the heat exchanger to cover it. Wellll I thought I had 95% of it which I did. Except for a black line that covers the top drivers side of the whole heat exchanger. I had to jack up the car on one side just to be able to pull the shroud down enough to angle cardboard in there. I suggest doing this apperance mod before you get a HE.
Now I got to figure out a way to get my whole hand in there to rub off the black line. Other than that the upper and lower grill turned out ok. I did the rear black piece is well, (previously trim brite)

Let me know if any of you guys have done this with a HE......tips/tricks? LOL

M5eater
02-29-12, 06:18 PM
If you have a HE, I would have just pulled the front Fascia. Heck, if you *dont* have a HE I would still pull the front fascia, It's incrediably easy to do on this car.

sfv41901
03-01-12, 12:05 AM
If you have a HE, I would have just pulled the front Fascia. Heck, if you *dont* have a HE I would still pull the front fascia, It's incrediably easy to do on this car.

/\ what he said. It can be pulled off in 5mins....maybe 10 if u move slow.

Patent Guy
03-01-12, 01:02 AM
Whats not easy.....trying to place cardboard pieces in front of the heat exchanger to cover it. Wellll I thought I had 95% of it which I did. Except for a black line that covers the top drivers side of the whole heat exchanger. I had to jack up the car on one side just to be able to pull the shroud down enough to angle cardboard in there. I suggest doing this apperance mod before you get a HE.
Now I got to figure out a way to get my whole hand in there to rub off the black line. Other than that the upper and lower grill turned out ok. I did the rear black piece is well, (previously trim brite)

Let me know if any of you guys have done this with a HE......tips/tricks? LOL

If there is nothing delicate behind the black line line, try a few precisely directed blasts with a power washer. No warranty on this suggestion - but it is what I would try.

Also, as one prior poster stated, the great thing about PD is that when it gets damaged, you just spray a bit more on. Easily repaired finishes are often advantageous to "durable" ones in my opinion.

FFBOS
03-01-12, 10:51 AM
I was able to stick a flathead screw driver through the grill and get it off with that. Worked pretty well. Next time I will spend a little more time prepping so I don't run into the issue again.

wazo
06-02-12, 04:07 PM
Hey nice looking v. Could you please explain how you painted the grills? What did you have to remove to put protection between the grill and the radiator? Did you put the car on jacks? Any details you could provide would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Eric

Airfoto
06-02-12, 04:59 PM
Go on line and order it - that is the only way I have found different colors - most places that sell the stuff only carry flat black in both spray and dip - I have smoke and clear coming to try as a bra on an up coming trip - cheap and it won't hurt anything!

Stillborn
06-02-12, 09:24 PM
i didn't block the space behind the grills. no issues as far as heating up or any other silly concerns, other than not wanting over spray on your cooling parts. =/

peso611
06-03-12, 01:04 AM
Does anyone know where I can pay to get this done by a professional in the DFW area?

Captain McFunk
06-03-12, 09:30 AM
Lol.

Trionalaw
07-05-12, 10:37 AM

I have a 2012 CTS V coupe. My two front grills are still chrome even though I blacked out everything except the V emblems working most of the afternoon yesterday. there certainly is a technique to using Plasti-Dip. I may have to redo some areas.

I am very much interested in how to remove the front fascia. Is there a way you can walk me through this? And if I remove it, will I be able to replace it? Will it rattle?

I am one of the fortunate ones who has nearly 6000 miles on his car without any unusual sounds other than the front wheel clicking. My dealership is ordering and new front rotors to comply with the technical service bulletin I found on this forum.

So any help with removing the fascia would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jim

Trionalaw
07-05-12, 11:34 AM

I have a 2012 CTS V coupe. My two front grills are still chrome even though I blacked out everything except the V emblems working most of the afternoon yesterday. there certainly is a technique to using Plasti-Dip. I may have to redo some areas.

I am very much interested in how to remove the front fascia. Is there a way you can walk me through this? And if I remove it, will I be able to replace it? Will it rattle?

I am one of the fortunate ones who has nearly 6000 miles on his car without any unusual sounds other than the front wheel clicking. My dealership is ordering and new front rotors to comply with the technical service bulletin I found on this forum.

So any help with removing the fascia would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jim

jaythree
07-05-12, 12:16 PM
I Plasti-dipped my front grills without removal...I took off the upper and lower black plastic covers (one in the engine compartment and the other that's under the lower grille. I then stuffed a bunch of newspaper behind the grills covering the radiator and intercooler completely. To get it down to the lower parts I used a long dowel to stuff it down there. Worked like a charm.

Trionalaw
07-05-12, 12:37 PM
I Plasti-dipped my front grills without removal...I took off the upper and lower black plastic covers (one in the engine compartment and the other that's under the lower grille. I then stuffed a bunch of newspaper behind the grills covering the radiator and intercooler completely. To get it down to the lower parts I used a long dowel to stuff it down there. Worked like a charm.

You probably don't have any pictures? I don't have a lift. I would literally be laying under the front part of the car to find what you referred to under the lower grill. As far as the part under the hood, was it just one black cover? I did remove that yesterday which allowed me a little bit of room in the middle to stuff something.

As far as removing the fascia, I found the following on the forum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/239864-remove-front-bumper-facia.html

Certainly well above my pay grade.

Any additional help you may have would be appreciated. I am on a mission to Plasti-dip both front grills.

Much appreciated,

Jim

Stillborn
07-05-12, 01:39 PM
just tape it off and spray. no need to stuff, tuck, bend, twist,.... it's plasti-dip, not the hokie pokie. if you do it outdoors you'll be fine, if inside just apply a coat of wax on the car before you start spraying. when done remove wax along with any minimal over spray. i used a can of electrical cleaner (alcohol in a can) to do spot cleaning in between coats in areas that were exposed. use 3 inch painters tape and mask of 10' or so from area you're painting. you can use big blankets/sheets to cover the biggest exposed parts. if you spot clean in between coats it comes off like wet snot. it's not high science. good luck, and take your time. go to 'plasti dip your car dot com' on you tube and Fonzie will guide you through it. he didn't stuff the radiator areas either. ;)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s261/zx9mic/WP_000533.jpg

Mike02z
07-05-12, 06:41 PM
I just did my side fender vents to see how well it worked. It was easier than I imagined and I think came out great.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/2012-07-05175725.jpg

Here is a shot from further back. The graphite wheels go on tomorrow and the window trim and grill are next.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/IMG_20120705_213741.jpg

Trionalaw
07-06-12, 10:32 AM
I appreciate your response. I have actually e-mailed Fonzie to see if he has done any CTS-V's. in a couple of weeks I intend to take the car to a high-performance driving school. It would just be my luck that if I don't protect the radiator and whatever else behind the grills, I have an overheating problem which isn't covered by my warranty. Your moniker reminds me of a sick joke I once heard: "The baby was born dead but stillborn." Ouch.

I did get a lot of overspray. I just used a microfiber cloth and it came right off. I probably will redo everything. I have very few areas that look as nice as yours and Mike02z's.

Thanks again and enjoy your weekend.

Jim

Stillborn
07-06-12, 04:24 PM
just to ease your mind, i didn't cover or block the overspray from entering my front fascia area what-so -ever. the mist/over-spray is very light and the only reason to cover it would be to prevent a color mismatch. i have over 600hp and did not do a 160 stat with my pulley upgrade as it's not needed. my temp gauge has never gone over the 185* mark and i drive my car hard, with the ac on and trans in sport mode 90% of the time. i really wouldn't worry about the over-spray on your radiator, if anything your adding a buffer against debris as it rinses better than a porous metal surface. my .02

Trionalaw
07-06-12, 07:45 PM
Much appreciated. My daughter and I are close to going for it with the grille area. God, I love this car:2012 CTS-v coupe with 6mt. I have had the last three generations of M3's, the last an E90 sedan with 6mt. I think the V2 is going to our handle it.

Thanks again,

jim

Trapspeed
07-06-12, 08:18 PM
I think the V2 is going to out handle it.

Count on it.

Trionalaw
07-09-12, 10:10 AM
Hello Stillborn:

A bad pun but I "cut the baby in half." I used an old sheet behind the upper grille and left the lower grille naked and went for it. No pictures yet as today looks like it's going to rain. Plus, I haven't yet mastered how to remove the stuff with out removing part of the stuff on the chrome. I may now have to do a third attempt on some areas. I think I need to leave a larger area between the chrome and the tape so that I have a generous piece of stuff to pull off carefully.

I haven't had a chance to drive it hard enough to see if by spraying the lower grill without protection will affect any of the Beast's temperatures.I'm going to a driving school the last Saturday of this month. My first one with it. I suppose that will be the "tail of the temp" so to speak. I am just full of bad puns today!

I do appreciate your little pep talk that got me to go for it. If I can get my car to look 80% as nice as yours I will be happy.

Thanks again,

Jim

Stillborn
07-09-12, 02:52 PM
it does take a little finesse but it's not as unforgiving as paint would be. glad to hear you jumped in and attacked it. why beat around the bush? if you need any tips feel free to pm me and i'll gladly walk you through it. but yes, leave a buffer zone of about a 1/4 of an inch from the trim lip. peel slowly & at an angle and keep an eye on any attachment point that could grab the trim and start to remove coverage. i used a wooden bbq skewer to help lift/prod any edge that was embedded and hard to get once it ripped off the main body. it's touch and go, but rest assured once you get it. you'll get it...and you'll be a self taught pro like the rest of us plasti-dippers. :thumbsup:

Trionalaw
07-09-12, 03:39 PM
Good idea regarding the BBQ skewer.I do enjoy the process because my youngest daughter is fascinated by it and helps me out. The 1/4 "didn't work for me. I may go to 1/2 "and see what that does. The product is really cool.

Since you have been so encouraging, go out on eBay and look for Cadillac jackets. I got one for $60 ($20 shipping because he came from time one) and it is absolutely beautiful. And you know what? I got pink! The Beast is black on black in black and my youngest daughter thought I should get black and pink. I just couldn't pass up total paid. It is really cool. Once I get the car looking right, I will take a couple of pictures of the jacket, front and back, laying on the hood.

Thanks again.

Jim

Mike02z
07-09-12, 05:59 PM
I completed blacking out the window trim on my V. This was not nearly as easy as the vents were. First, Fonzie suggests when masking the windows to run the masking tape 1/2 way between the molding and the window. This does not work on the V. When you try and peel off the excess, it takes the part of the lower trim Platidip off. I found this out the hard way.

I went at it again yesterday and this time I only masked the window. I had much better results this way. You can then use an exacto knife to cut the Plastidip at the seam where the molding meets the chrome trim or you can simply leave the Plastidip on the molding. I chose option 1. The only issue is you can see a slight bit of chrome against the molding if you look really hard. From 4" away you don't notice. It was raining here when I finished so I only have a couple bad inside pictures.

Yes, I know there is bird poop on the mirror and yes, the tires need dressing. Not the greatest pictures but will have to do until I get the car out.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/2012-07-09174816.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/2012-07-09174753.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f121/jneon1/2012-07-09174723.jpg

Trionalaw
07-10-12, 09:23 AM
I think it still looks good. By the way, Stillborn, my 11-year-old use the barbecue skewer last night with great results. She is really into this. Great fun for me as a result. I should have pictures later in the week.

Also, much appreciated everyone for their input. This is a wonderful forum.

Jim

Stillborn
07-10-12, 06:19 PM
that bbq skewer should come attached to the plast-dip can like a wd-40 straw. =]

daowens
08-28-12, 09:54 PM
Did you guys spray up under the chrome piece on the trunk lid (where the license plate lights are located) or did you tape it off?

Mike02z
08-28-12, 10:10 PM
Yes, I did. I taped the rear camera and the surrounding area. Each coat I sprayed I made a pass from under the chrome piece to ensure full coverage. It came out great. The only part I was not happy with was the chrome trim around the doors. Even after 2 resprays I got some lifting around the edges. It looked OK from the outside but when looking into my mirrors I could see how uneven it looked so I removed it and had it wrapped with vinyl instead.

FrcFed
09-02-12, 01:09 PM
so as not to start another thread gonna ask this here since I'm gonna order this weekend. You guys use the cleaner they sell or did you just use something from home that evaps quickly?