: Inside Line ATS-V rendering

bruff1977
02-17-12, 01:42 PM
Couldn't upload the pics... Too big. So here's the link:

http://blogs.insideline.com/straightline/2012/02/2014-cadillac-ats-v-rendered.html

Not bad. I want the exterior of the ATS-V to be more agressive though... Maybe vents on both sides of the power bulge?

thebigjimsho
02-19-12, 04:25 PM
Subtlety in pics is often bold in person. Since this is just a hypothetical rendering, its a nice start.

rand49er
02-19-12, 04:53 PM
Subtlety in pics is often bold in person. Since this is just a hypothetical rendering, its a nice start.Not disagreeing with you, but it needs to be bolder in person than those renditions (front and back). Can't look silly like an STI, but bolder. Splitter? Hood vents? Other aerodynamic effects? I'm not sufficiently imaginative to say what, but somehow more aggressive looking.

JimmyH
02-19-12, 04:59 PM
That's identical to the rendering I did, just better looking :D

I still think we are all wrong. I am betting the ATS-V will introduce the next generation of V styling cues. If I felt like devoting hours to it, I would render up my own interpretation.

thebigjimsho
02-19-12, 11:22 PM
Not disagreeing with you, but it needs to be bolder in person than those renditions (front and back). Can't look silly like an STI, but bolder. Splitter? Hood vents? Other aerodynamic effects? I'm not sufficiently imaginative to say what, but somehow more aggressive looking.You're such an old fuddy-duddy.

No, wait.

0AT E03
02-21-12, 07:57 PM
Yawn. Anyone can take a CTS-V and cross it with an ATS and then clean it up.

The ATS-V will look different. How much do the CTS-V Gen 1 and the CTS-V Gen 2 have in common in regards to the respective fascias? About zero, I mean except for the fact they both have mesh grilles.

rand49er
02-23-12, 08:56 PM
... The ATS-V will look different. ...Than the ATS? Than the CTS-V (1 & 2)?

I love the mesh grille on all the Vs ... it's sort of necessary at this point. Are you suggesting that the ATS-V might not have a mesh grille?!!

0AT E03
02-23-12, 09:16 PM
Than the ATS? Than the CTS-V (1 & 2)?

I love the mesh grille on all the Vs ... it's sort of necessary at this point. Are you suggesting that the ATS-V might not have a mesh grille?!!

Don't know. I'd assume it would have a mesh grille. I'm just saying I think it won't look like a CTS-V it will have it's own unique look.

No one knows for sure until they build the cars. Which is too far off IMHO.

CTSV4now
02-24-12, 10:00 PM
The tires don't seem wide enough, but overall I prefer the Jimmyh version. I would seriously consider trading in my CTS-V for an ATS-V..... what is wrong with me!

JimmyH
02-24-12, 10:22 PM
Nothing. It's a foregone conclusion that the ATS-V is going to be the agility champ in the family. The CTS-V will be the one with the long legs.

rand49er
02-24-12, 11:23 PM
The tires don't seem wide enough ...That's part of it. If Jimmy had spent several hours at it, I'd bet he could've come up with an even better rendering ... bulging fenders, lower stance, subtle front splitter with other ground effect skirting (tastefully done, of course), inner cooler inlets, 4" exhaust tips ...

JimmyH
02-25-12, 06:50 PM
I could do a seriously high quality rendering if I spent that much time. But history shows that whatever we, who are not in the know, come up with, the actual car will be drastically different.

MikeFKMC
12-31-12, 08:00 PM
Nice, but it could use a little more height adjusting.

rustybear3
01-05-13, 12:17 PM
Yawn. Anyone can take a CTS-V and cross it with an ATS and then clean it up.

The ATS-V will look different. How much do the CTS-V Gen 1 and the CTS-V Gen 2 have in common in regards to the respective fascias? About zero, I mean except for the fact they both have mesh grilles.

and please....no mesh grills for the ATS; they're tacky and do nothing for the car.....

thebigjimsho
01-07-13, 05:27 PM
and please....no mesh grills for the ATS; they're tacky and do nothing for the car.....

It's a V. Like all other Vs, it will have mesh grilles. As it should. Nothing tacky about maximum cooling...

Its an ATS
01-08-13, 01:50 PM
It's a V. Like all other Vs, it will have mesh grilles. As it should. Nothing tacky about maximum cooling...

I always thought mesh was boy racer, but it's just my opinion...

JFJr
01-08-13, 09:12 PM
Looks don't equate to performance. Also the mesh grills on the "V" are made of plastic, why do you think? Do you see where this is going?

rand49er
01-09-13, 07:10 AM
I love the mesh grill. I fully expect the ATS-V to have one. It would be very difficult to introduce something new at this point and to still have it be considered in the V family.

Boy racer is wings, overly large spoilers, non-functional scoops, fart cans, and outlandish graphics, not mesh grills ... yet, anyway.

thebigjimsho
01-09-13, 11:25 AM
I always thought mesh was boy racer, but it's just my opinion...

Then just stick with the base ATS and let us V veterans have our mesh grilles as we've had for almost a decade...