: What are the best brakes for an 04 Deville?

cadillac kid1
02-10-12, 12:00 PM
I need front brakes, i'm told Ceramic is the best, but I have some people telling me that you can have problems with them, regardless i'm leaning towards ceramic, what do you guys think is the best? Thanks

RippyPartsDept
02-10-12, 12:45 PM
ceramic might make a little more noise than normal but they'll last longer and the difference in the brake dust is huge (almost no brake dust from ceramics)

Submariner409
02-10-12, 03:28 PM
Go to the EBC website - www.ebcbrakes.com (http://www.ebcbrakes.com) - and get to Automotive brakes, U.S. There are a slew of links to every possible sort of disc brke info you could ever want. Do a bit of homework.

I run ceramic pads on slotted rotors - no noise, no dust, wonderful braking in all weather.

Chris, doesn't GM make a set of slotted Durastop rotors with companion ceramic or semi-metallic pads ???

RippyPartsDept
02-10-12, 04:11 PM
some cars have 'performance' acdelco rotors available ... i would guess that those would be the slotted ones

the pads aren't matched to these rotors though... you could use whatever pad you want

at least as far as I know ...

----------

http://images.wrenchead.com/smartpages/partinfo_resize/DCL/18A1180_Alternate1.jpg

SO.... looks like they're slotted AND drilled!

those are the 'specialty'/'performance' rotors for a 2004 deville (without the heavy duty J55 braking option that comes on livery cars with the 8 lug bolt wheels/hubs)
so basically for the regular devilles

LH rotor

RH rotor

ceramic pads would be ACDelco Durastop brand (professional grade)

notdel
03-05-12, 07:27 PM
thanks for the info guys, I'm also thinking of upgrading brake pads and rotors. now i'm off to check prices.

Submariner409
03-06-12, 10:45 AM
thanks for the info guys, I'm also thinking of upgrading brake pads and rotors. now i'm off to check prices.

Talk to Chris - Post #4 - Rippy Cadillac over there >>>>

For EBC, look at www.placeforbrakes.com - they now have a discount banner on the home page header, and their shipping is free. I run EBC Black Dash slotted rotors and the new ceramic Redstuff pads - glass smooth and no dust..........BUT you need to follow the break-in instructions.

Alifard
08-11-14, 01:31 PM
ceramic might make a little more noise than normal but they'll last longer and the difference in the brake dust is huge (almost no brake dust from ceramics)

what front/rear rotors and pads do you recommend for 2001 DHS? And do you have them in stock? If so plz send me pricing as well

RippyPartsDept
08-11-14, 01:50 PM
what front/rear rotors and pads do you recommend for 2001 DHS? And do you have them in stock? If so plz send me pricing as well
I recommend any of the ACDelco/GM options for your vehicle

If you get me your VIN I will look up the choices for you
there are often three choices of each front/rear/pads/rotors
(ACDelco OEM, ACDelco Durastop Professional, and ACDelco Advantage)