Cadillac Owners Forum banner

P119 and p080

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  94CaddyConcours 
#1 ·
Ok so I have a 1994 Cadillac concours and I've done so much work on this car and this seems to be my finally hill to get over.
I'm getting a code p119 which is open or shorted fuel injector as well as p080 which I bbelieve is fuel system to rich

I have replaces all the fuel injectors as well as the fuel pressure regulator. I can't get to the fuel injectors with a stethoscope because the car will not run with the cover off. I have tried to run the injector test through the dash but I can not physically see the Rome and I really can't feel a difference between them. I also just recently replaced the whole instrument cluster but I did have the issue prior to that.

Anyone have any suggestions from here??
I've taken it into two different shops who were unable to solve the issue and I just want my car to run like it should!

#3 ·
I have P119 before. The insulation for one of the injector became brittle and crack whick causes the injector to run/spray continiously. My fuel economy was around 13mpg. Since you replaced all the injector the only thing I can think of is the wire insulation. Pull the intake cover and check the wire.
Also what was the reason you replaced the cluster? Mine would go on and off. My theory is that when I have the heater on it warm the cluster and somehow it would go blank.
I also had P080 when I swithced from premium fuel to regular. It should adjust itself after it is used to regular.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.