: How To: Intake Silencer Removal (With Pics!)

WRXtranceformed
02-05-12, 03:32 PM
I have been meaning to do this for a while since I bought this car, as it is something I've done on several cars in the past. Having never taken apart a CTS intake I wasn't sure what to expect, but this mod was a lot easier on this car than it is on a lot of imports. I thought I would post up a writeup with pics here since it is an easy, free mod to do.

What this mod does:
1. Removes the intake silencer (snorkel, snorkus it is called on some vehicles) that is engineered to quiet down the stock intake system
2. Gives the car a mean growl
3. In some cases, slightly better throttle response.

What this mod takes:
1. Basic wrenching knowledge (by basic, this is pretty novice level)
2. 10mm socket wrench

Step 1: Open up yer hood!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_142401.jpg

Step 2: Remove the plastic cooling cowl over the radiator. It is the big black plastic piece closest to your grille with fat weatherstripping attached to it. To remove this, there are 6 screw-type plastic pop rivets. Simply turn these until you can pop them out with your fingers. I found these MUCH easier than the non-screw pop rivets you have to pull out in some applications (like fenders)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_142426.jpg

You will also need to pull out the weatherstripping that goes all the way around the sides of the engine bay and is attached to this cowl. Don't be afraid to pull it, it's really easy to tuck back in when you're all done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_142617.jpg

Step 3: Remove the plastic cover panel just above the air box. This will give you access to the one bolt that hold the intake in place in the CTS. This pops right off fairly easily.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_142558.jpg

Step 4: Remove the bolt on the fender well that holds the air box in place. You will notice in this picture that there are some coolant lines that kind of snake around the intake to the radiator and T off toward the engine block. You can just tuck these away during the installation and tuck them back when you're done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_142932.jpg

Step 5: Remove the air box assembly. There are two 10mm screws on the top and bottom that attach to the wrinkle intake tube that you need to remove first. **Note** Be careful with the bottom screw! It's a little hard to get to and if you drop it you're SOL in trying to find it. Be especially careful on reassembly

There is also a triangular "plug" on the air box that holds the intake in place right behind the grill. You will see what I mean when you look at it. Once the fender well bolt and the two intake tube screws are removed, and the coolant lines are out of the way, you can pull the intake BACK and UP to get it out of the engine bay. You might need a little muscle here, just be aware of the refrigerant lines and such behind it and you will be fine. Here are the two screw holes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_143450.jpg

And here is what the airbox and silencer assembly looks like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_143600.jpg

You can tell I don't keep my engine bay super clean!

Step 6: Rip that sucker off! The silencer is held in place by some indentation tabs and can be removed by squeezing the silencer itself in the middle and pulling outwards.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_145105.jpg

Step 7: Reassemble everything in reverse order! Don't forget to tuck that weatherstripping back into the frame slots. You will see what I mean when you reinstall, it just kind of "fits" when you pop it back in right.

The final product (looks no different from the first shot, kind of nice for the sleeper look!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v402/WRXTranceformed/20120205_145030.jpg

First ride impressions:
1. I was VERY surprised on this car how much of a difference it made. My 07 TL Type-S sounded awesome with the silencer hacked out, but this car almost has a V8 snarl to it once you pop that piece out. Noticeably louder from inside the car and especially if you have the windows down!
2. No difference in throttle response so far, but I may need some time for the ECU to adjust to the change if its noticing any at all. You certainly won't notice any power gains from this mod. I don't think there will ultimately be a bit TR increase either because it's basically a straight shot to the airbox. Some cars have an elaborate silencer system and this one is more of a ram air effect.

Anyway, certainly worth the 20 minutes for the sound alone...gave me a huge grin on the test drive :) Good luck and let me know if you have any questions!

chicksdigit
02-05-12, 03:43 PM
sound clips would be great

WRXtranceformed
02-05-12, 04:35 PM
I can try to get a video clip with my cell phone, but it's not going to sound great. Let me see what I can do tonight.

WRXtranceformed
02-05-12, 10:39 PM
Ask and you shall receive! You're welcome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FSblwbdjWss

chicksdigit
02-06-12, 12:58 AM
sounds pretty good from the clip, might have to try it since it is reversable. Nice write-up.

Michael_atDell
02-06-12, 01:39 PM
Awesome mod! I completed this in about 5 minutes. I'll add a minor modification though, to make it much easier; instead of removing the two bolts on the intake hose to the engine, disconnect the electrical connection to the MAFS and loosen the hose strap, then pull off the housing.

My "snorkel" was siliconed to the housing, so I peeled it off. Anyone else see this on theirs?

WRXtranceformed
02-06-12, 03:19 PM
Awesome mod! I completed this in about 5 minutes. I'll add a minor modification though, to make it much easier; instead of removing the two bolts on the intake hose to the engine, disconnect the electrical connection to the MAFS and loosen the hose strap, then pull off the housing.

My "snorkel" was siliconed to the housing, so I peeled it off. Anyone else see this on theirs?

Nice, good call! That's probably a lot easier haha.

jackoskate
02-12-12, 09:23 PM
I did this mod today and I have to say what a great free mod. It really makes the motor sound much better and I think I've noticed a hint of better throttle response. I highly suggest this for every one!

shmiddy
02-29-12, 01:40 PM
Thank you for this idea and How to
I just finished mine and it all went smooth and quick except for when i tried removing the bolt that holds the bottom peice of the air filter box, the bolt was seized and snapped. So it took a extra hour to drill it out and re-tap the hole,
Other than that it was good and i LOVE it
My snorkle was siliconed on aswelll

hotrodln
03-04-12, 08:48 PM
I'd like to do this mod when i change the air filter to a K&N....now we don't think the inlet silencer also keeps rain out of the air cleaner or anything like that right?

Michael_atDell
03-04-12, 09:25 PM
No way, not only is the inlet without the silencer safely inside the engine compartment, but it been raining pretty heavily the last few weeks here and my box and filter have been dry as a bone. I was paranoid, so I checked a few times... ;-)

hotrodln
03-05-12, 09:02 AM
ok well that's good enough for me! I really liked the sound clips.....my wife will ask me " is something wrong with the car it sounds louder?"

Wag-O-Neer
03-05-12, 10:16 AM
I did mine too, when I was installing the Vmax Black Ice-olator. Cool free mod. Adds a little grunt to her....

shmiddy
03-05-12, 05:51 PM
I did mine too, when I was installing the Vmax Black Ice-olator. Cool free mod. Adds a little grunt to her....

Whats that?

Jon
03-11-12, 04:49 PM
Tried this today. Didn't do anything noticeable with regards to sound. In fact may do more harm than good as the snorkel seems to direct air from the front of the car so it's not hot air from the engine compartment. I ended up putting it back on.

mikesul
03-13-12, 01:55 PM
Tried this today. Didn't do anything noticeable with regards to sound. In fact may do more harm than good as the snorkel seems to direct air from the front of the car so it's not hot air from the engine compartment. I ended up putting it back on.
I agree, Jon. The snorkle does pull cooler air from in front of the engine, behind the grill. Warmer air from the engine compartment will probably end up pulling timing, losing power. The KPE intake still uses this snorkle to get the cooler air to the larger filter element.

WRXtranceformed
03-13-12, 06:24 PM
Either way, cool air is coming through the gap near the front bumper where the snorkel used to be, which is where the airbox is still drawing it from. The hole in the airbox is tucked away from the engine so I have a hard time believing that the engine is going to pull timing from any "warmer" air there when cold air is blasting in that space.

I can tell you categorically that there is absolutely no difference in power from the seat of the pants, positive or negative. But whatever makes you feel better on your morning commute :P

TeamZambo
03-14-12, 04:12 PM
So I pulled my silencer out today, made some what of a diff. It does sound a bit better. But then I got to thinking :lildevil: so I pulled it back out, connected my air comp and connected my mini grinder/cutter. I then expanded the inlet where the silencer was connected. I cut out the extra plastic and made the hole bigger by cutting each wall to the edge except for the side that would not make it square! Now there is a bigger difference. I get the slight whistle from a CAI along with the whumpf when I blip the throttle. It also gave me a deeper throaty sound. Plus I figured out you can access the headlight by removing the air box! Sorry didn't take pictures but i will when I clean my k&n.

WRXtranceformed
03-16-12, 10:38 AM
So I pulled my silencer out today, made some what of a diff. It does sound a bit better. But then I got to thinking :lildevil: so I pulled it back out, connected my air comp and connected my mini grinder/cutter. I then expanded the inlet where the silencer was connected. I cut out the extra plastic and made the hole bigger by cutting each wall to the edge except for the side that would not make it square! Now there is a bigger difference. I get the slight whistle from a CAI along with the whumpf when I blip the throttle. It also gave me a deeper throaty sound. Plus I figured out you can access the headlight by removing the air box! Sorry didn't take pictures but i will when I clean my k&n.

Wow nice that is bold! I am really curious to hear how that sounds compared to mine. Could you shoot a quick video?

TeamZambo
03-17-12, 03:38 AM
Yes I will try, I prob won't get to it until Tuesday.

TeamZambo
03-21-12, 06:08 PM
I've tried to film it but can't get a good recording, any ideas? I'm trying to get it done with the windows open but all I get is air static.

GMAN12
03-21-12, 06:15 PM
Has anyone tried this on an "11"? Will it work? Thanks

TeamZambo
03-21-12, 06:23 PM
All vehicles have this, I have always done this to my vehicles, but the last 3 cars I purchased I totally forgot to do this to them. The only vehicles I saw this make a different on were all my mustangs, 3 ford trucks, and now my CTS. Go for it

TeamZambo
03-22-12, 02:57 AM
I took these with the windows down. I know it sounds like they are open but thats just my shitty sunroof! Yeah its that loud!

Driving up hill 3 in 1
http://youtu.be/OPeBbcNhoOE

From a stop

http://youtu.be/NbRjrxKLmAo

----------

I found this video of Roadfly testing out the 2008 3.6DI on the track. You can here the diff with his full throttle pulls and mine.

http://youtu.be/nQBVJTfRSZc

WRXtranceformed
03-22-12, 01:50 PM
Oh yeah that is way louder even than mine....sounds awesome! Thanks for putting the video up for everyone!

TeamZambo
03-22-12, 04:41 PM
No problem, I'll try and take some pics of the air box mod

NickAltieri712
03-28-12, 12:31 PM
I did this Mod when my car was just a week old. It is easy to do and gives you that extra grunt without spend $300 for a intake.

GreaseMonkey
04-16-12, 02:46 PM
I may have to do this today.

Zipperator
11-04-12, 07:15 PM
Say what?!! I just did this and OMG!! Sounds way louder!(Sounds like a 4 barrel carb) I threw a few rev's and it sounded close to a ferrari! Best free mod I have done. Prob took me 10 min to do it.

Panzer Leader
11-04-12, 10:39 PM
I read the instructions, they were very well done, thanks! Question, can this part be reinstalled? Or, are the tabs and other attachment points broken during the removal? COMMENT: I do like the sound, would be a great improvement. My concern is that this part is called both a "silencer" and a "snorkel". My concern is that this part might be needed to prevent hydrolock of the engine. Over on the G8 site, some of the GT and GXP owners went with an over the radiator CAI. There was a design flaw and the engines hydrolock. NOT saying this is the same thing, but same type problem could result. So if anyone out there is a tech or engineer would appreciate their comments. Also, I wonder will this have anyother affect on the air filter. And in the long run affect the warranty. Thanks.

GreaseMonkey
11-05-12, 07:58 AM
I removed it earlier this year, and then put it back in a week later. High load low throttle inputs on the freeway exhibited a very deep groan/resonance.

hooey
11-06-12, 07:37 PM
Just completed this mod. My 2010 CTS setup is different from yours, so there were actually 3 additional screws which needed to be removed. The small bolt was definitely the most difficult part of this mod, I have somewhat big hands and it was hard to get out and a nightmare to get back in. Once everything was completed, however, the smile on my face easily showed that I thought the mod was worth it.

You can tell a major improvement in the deep growl of the car's sound immediately after you touch the pedal. I never thought the CTS engine has a "whine" like some other cars and V6s might when you go WOT, and for anyone who does this mod is 100% guaranteed to reverse that opinion. This mod has made my car sound nearly identical to a typical V8, and it was completely free to do.

I HIGHLY recommend this mod to anyone willing to invest 30-45mins of work to get many, many miles of satisfaction.

WRXtranceformed
11-07-12, 09:56 AM
Just completed this mod. My 2010 CTS setup is different from yours, so there were actually 3 additional screws which needed to be removed. The small bolt was definitely the most difficult part of this mod, I have somewhat big hands and it was hard to get out and a nightmare to get back in. Once everything was completed, however, the smile on my face easily showed that I thought the mod was worth it.

You can tell a major improvement in the deep growl of the car's sound immediately after you touch the pedal. I never thought the CTS engine has a "whine" like some other cars and V6s might when you go WOT, and for anyone who does this mod is 100% guaranteed to reverse that opinion. This mod has made my car sound nearly identical to a typical V8, and it was completely free to do.

I HIGHLY recommend this mod to anyone willing to invest 30-45mins of work to get many, many miles of satisfaction.

Thanks for sharing the differences in the 2010 setup! Glad you are enjoying this free mod :D

hooey
11-07-12, 06:00 PM
no problem, forgot to say THANK YOU for the awesome heads up and tutorial on how to do this mod

C "T" ess
11-08-12, 02:29 PM
Where is the silencer location in relation to the maf tube. Is it really necessary to remove the box to get to the part or can you get to it once the inlet tube at the maf sensor is removed.

Hammerhead100
11-10-12, 12:38 AM
You will need to remove the air box. Very simple once you get in there. Kinda reminds me of the old days with a Rochester Quadrajet :blurock:

jbelot
11-12-12, 11:06 PM
Did it. Louder for sure. No performance change that I noticed. I think I will order the D3 CAI now. What the heck, its only money but it's so fun to do.

----------

Did it, louder for sure, no performance change that I noticed. I think I will order the D3 CAI now. What the heck, its only money but it's so fun to do.

Pdabs
11-12-12, 11:08 PM
I'm very happy with my d3

jbelot
11-13-12, 12:13 AM
How much if you dont mind me asking. What changed with the intake? Im looking for an excuse to do this sooner then later. Cheers!

2jzgze
02-21-13, 01:56 AM
Will this work on a 2013?

WRXtranceformed
02-22-13, 01:32 PM
Will this work on a 2013?
I would think so. I haven't specifically looked at a 2013 intake but I would assume it is the same if not very similar.

DWBFightgear
05-18-13, 09:20 PM
DONE. 15 minutes and when gas is smashed, sounds more throaty! Thanks for the walkthrough!!

Xtant12
08-13-13, 01:14 AM
Job well done!!

I did this today and I love it! I didnt realize that piece came off. Serves me right for not looking. Thanks for a very helpful post!!!

milocoman
08-13-13, 11:33 AM
Funny that I just saw this thread. I put a CAI on my 08 over the weekend and pulled that piece out as well. Sound change was very noticeable and way better than before. Was not sure if it was the CAI doing it but now I know what was!!

C "T" ess
08-16-13, 02:24 PM
Thanks to all who kept this thread alive. I finally decided to give it a try. The only thing that made the install difficult is that the air box on the coupe is mounted differently and I spent a lot of time trying to find all of the attaching mounts shown in the directions. There is only one bolt that hold the air box in place and that's the one on top of the wheel well. To get it out is still a bit of a struggle because where the box is mounted at the front cross bar it seems that there is a bolt there but there isn't, just a rubber plug. All it takes is a tug and the whole thing pops out. Going back in is a snap because once you aim that rubber plug to where it needs to go it only takes a slight push to put everything back together. The sound is just perfect for the looks of the coupe.

Anthony M
08-22-13, 02:45 PM
Did the mod,sounded like crap with my magnaflow system.Changed it back after 2 days.

D VADER
08-24-13, 08:28 AM
Wow, major design changes from my 2008 CTS. I'm sure K&N makes a performance filter that would help too.

Nitro LX
08-26-13, 06:34 PM
Thinking about doing this over the weekend. Anyone know if there is a big difference in the 2013 model? Hope not. Going to be ordering my filter today fron k&n.

dlpuette
08-27-13, 02:15 PM
Thanks for keeping this alive. I'm making the transition from a BMW 3 series with a muffler delete to this too-quiet Caddy. I don't want to do an exhaust on this one, but want something to remind me there's an engine there. Hoping this'll add just enough. I'll let ya know

Nitro LX
08-27-13, 04:19 PM
Thanks for keeping this alive. I'm making the transition from a BMW 3 series with a muffler delete to this too-quiet Caddy. I don't want to do an exhaust on this one, but want something to remind me there's an engine there. Hoping this'll add just enough. I'll let ya know

What did you end up getting?

D VADER
08-28-13, 02:09 PM
Just ordered the HP K&N filter. I'll remove the silencer when I install the K&N.

dbischoff
08-29-13, 02:18 PM
I just tried the mod. If you can change your air filter, you can do this. It is that simple.

But here's what I found: When I pulled up the lower filter housing the snorkel did not come out with it. It was still sitting in its slot. Did it unclip when I pulled up the housing, or was it already disconnected?

I notice no difference in the sound, so I conclude that the snorkel was unattached all along.

I have owned this '09 for a little less than a year, and I was always impressed with the stock (or so I had thought) sound. I figured the GM engineers did a great job of making this car as quiet as a caddie should be during relaxed cruizing, but opens up a "sports car" sound when I step on it. Little did I know I owed it to a failed component.

C "T" ess
08-30-13, 01:21 PM
When I pulled the airbox out the snorkel was just laying loose. I believe it may have simply set into the airbox and separated as I pulled the box out. There is a noticeable change in tone and volume even under light acceleration. Of ourse the best sound is at WOT. The only problem is that my mpg has dropped to 17.2.:histeric:

ghoward10
08-30-13, 08:34 PM
Just did this mod in about 30 minutes, works great on my 2009 CTS4 DI!

X E Ryder
09-09-13, 12:05 PM
I'm usually the last person to suggest leaving something alone, but this time it makes sense and here is why.

1 - The 2 little dead-ended "side tubes" on the air horn stabilize air flow at known harmonic frequencies the GM engineers found from the sounds of the intake vacuum during acceleration in your CTS' engine. Basicly the "shouting" of your engine grabbing air in a couple spots of the rpm is so resonant, the sound waves disrupt airflow entering the intake. Those little tubes act like shock absorbers, giving the intake a 180o out of phase response to stop the losses.

2 - Your airbox and airfilter is the same one used on the 6.2l CTS-V - look at the design of the two boxes and the part number for the air filter - don't take my word for it. This being said, it means that airbox can flow for an engine nearly twice the size of the 3.6 - flow is not an issue here.

3 - If you really want to give you CTS some good air, provide a true forced, and cold air intake charge. The following post will show you one way to provide a straight path for outside air to enter the airbox, sealed off from the engine compartment, and pressurized by the front clip when at speed. Click That --> XE's Chilly Air Intake Mod for 2012+ LFX (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/278638-2012-performance-thread-lfx-3-6l-2.html#post3205017) (the mod is similar on previous year models)

The sound is nice, but they won't be able to here it if you do this, because hopefully they are behind you, in your rear view mirror only! ;)

gohawks63
09-09-13, 02:13 PM
I'm usually the last person to suggest leaving something alone, but this time it makes sense and here is why.

1 - The 2 little dead-ended "side tubes" on the air horn stabilize air flow at known harmonic frequencies the GM engineers found from the sounds of the intake vacuum during acceleration in your CTS' engine. Basicly the "shouting" of your engine grabbing air in a couple spots of the rpm is so resonant, the sound waves disrupt airflow entering the intake. Those little tubes act like shock absorbers, giving the intake a 180o out of phase response to stop the losses.

2 - Your airbox and airfilter is the same one used on the 6.2l CTS-V - look at the design of the two boxes and the part number for the air filter - don't take my word for it. This being said, it means that airbox can flow for an engine nearly twice the size of the 3.6 - flow is not an issue here.

3 - If you really want to give you CTS some good air, provide a true forced, and cold air intake charge. The following post will show you one way to provide a straight path for outside air to enter the airbox, sealed off from the engine compartment, and pressurized by the front clip when at speed. Click That --> XE's Chilly Air Intake Mod for 2012+ LFX (http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2008-2013-cadillac-cts-performance-mods/278638-2012-performance-thread-lfx-3-6l-2.html#post3205017) (the mod is similar on previous year models)

The sound is nice, but they won't be able to here it if you do this, because hopefully they are behind you, in your rear view mirror only! ;)

Good info, thank you!

WRXtranceformed
09-09-13, 04:51 PM
Just saw my old thread show up on the Cadillac newsletter! Sweet! Glad i could help and you all are still doing this mod and enjoying it. I am about to sell my car but I still love the sound every time I mash the gas. For the Internet Engineers who did not go through the rest of this thread I will say it again: this is not a mod to improve performance. It is to give the car a beefier sound only. You will not feel any seat of the pants difference, positive or negative, by doing this mod.

che1201
09-10-13, 07:38 PM
Nice, good call! That's probably a lot easier haha.

Removing the snorkel was the easiest part. Reinstalling the weather stripping was the hardest part. Lol!

trailbrake
10-08-13, 09:44 PM
Video is private?

WRXtranceformed
10-22-13, 01:54 PM
Try again, deleted my Google+ profile and it borked my YT channel

jungy4
08-05-14, 11:55 PM
I was about to buy a K&N intake kit until I came across this idea. Do you guys not see any performance disadvantage with this off? How would the airbox draw air without?

If this does not lose any performance, I may just get a K&N drop-in filter, remove the silencer and call it a day.

exhaust_freak
08-06-14, 01:26 AM
Ik what I'm doing tomorrow

Anthony M
08-06-14, 07:46 AM
It's louder,no performance gains.

shartmann
08-06-14, 11:29 AM
Why can't I hear the sound clip? It says that it is private? PLEASE HELP....

exhaust_freak
08-08-14, 01:36 AM
Ok so I did it, kinda.

The part to be removed has the same "silencing" capability as blowing throw a paper towel roll. There is no padding or anything it is a 100% open snorkel to the front of the car.

I decided to keep it on after thoug holy cleaning the engine bay and the intake box.

I DID MAKE ONE MINOR ALTERATION!!!!

The snorkel has 2 recurved tubes in it. I have no idea what they do. Except maybe disrupt smooth airflow. So I cleaned the inside with rubbing alcohol and planned on using caulk. Couldn't find and so I got some super glue and duct tape. (I tested with a small piece on the outside of snorkel first. ) gave about an inch on each side of the hole. Have not driven the car since. But I will post up on this later today.

!!!!!!!!!Took plenty step by step pics if anyone needs help!!!!!!

And it is easier to remove the rubber intake thing than to try and get the screws connected to box with it on. Safer too.

shartmann
08-08-14, 08:35 AM
I did this yesterday afternoon. My snorkel was just sitting there not connected. SO I just removed it and now it sounds the same. I am going to purchase the K&N typhoon and will update on sound difference and any noticeable performance.

exhaust_freak
08-08-14, 11:42 PM
Well, astonishing news. Just as stared before, no performance gains, at all. Maybe 0.1 hp from cleaning the thing for smoother airflow, no sound difference either. So, there you have it

eye4aneye83
08-09-14, 08:04 AM
I did this a couple days ago and I love the sound. What a difference.
I personally gained a ton of performance. Mainly because I found my whole airbox packed with a chipmunk nest. Haha
It sounds so deep now when you step on it, I noticed my gas mileage dropping down since I'm constantly getting on the pedal now.
Very nice free mod.

exhaust_freak
08-09-14, 10:57 AM
Two very different replies. Why not try it

X E Ryder
08-09-14, 12:19 PM

1 - The 2 little dead-ended "side tubes" on the air horn stabilize air flow at known harmonic frequencies the GM engineers found from the sounds of the intake vacuum during acceleration in your CTS' engine. Basicly the "shouting" of your engine grabbing air in a couple spots of the rpm is so resonant, the sound waves disrupt airflow entering the intake. Those little tubes act like shock absorbers, giving the intake a 180o out of phase response to stop the air flow losses.

Just wanted to offer this to anyone who had missed it.

jungy4
08-10-14, 05:45 PM
Those of you that modified the inlet rather than just taking it off, please post pics.

exhaust_freak
08-10-14, 10:49 PM
Easier than posting pics to forum.

http://postimg.org/gallery/33cpxwpcw/ff90a15f/

^- images go in order of.
1 4 3
. 2 5

http://postimg.org/gallery/kjnvn0ew/5a180733/

^- images in order of

4 1 3
2 4

jungy4
08-12-14, 09:44 PM
Easier than posting pics to forum.

http://postimg.org/gallery/33cpxwpcw/ff90a15f/

^- images go in order of.
1 4 3
. 2 5

http://postimg.org/gallery/kjnvn0ew/5a180733/

^- images in order of

4 1 3
2 4
So your setup does not sound any different? Maybe because you trimmed the remaining tube rather than just taking out the silencer?

exhaust_freak
08-12-14, 11:50 PM
So your setup does not sound any different? Maybe because you trimmed the remaining tube rather than just taking out the silencer?

There really is no silencer. It is litteraly a straight open rectangle. The only silencing I would see it doing is blocking air from the engine bay. Otherwise it is about 10 inches long 4-5" tall 6 - 7" wide

neuf cruz
08-24-14, 06:23 PM
Will this work on a 2014 and is instructions still basically the same?

DevilleDeeman
08-27-14, 12:33 PM
One of these would probably do the same without harming the engine..
http://www.carid.com/2011-cadillac-cts-air-intakes/kn-air-intakes-typhoon-series-16799931.html