: HRE 21" Monoblok wheels brushed aluminum finish on CTS-V

TTuned
02-02-12, 12:31 PM
Here are some pics of the 21"s on all 4 corners. I haven't been able to figure out what series these are.
Don't know widths or offsets either.
Rear tire is a 295/25/21 pilot sports
Front Tire is a 255/30/21

I am stumped being a wheel whore! Wheels for this V are really tough to figure out, on my other cars the vision just came easy. I bought it like this, and i would prefer black, but it I think it actually works well.

Wheel gap yes, it sucks, but still too tight for the wheel brush to clean the inner fenders. I have no plans to lower this project, mess with the mag suspension, and ride quality. My past 6 cars have been lowered, neg camber, rough ride, not looking to mess with all that on this car.

Btw ive got a set of fat lip 3pc 20" HRE for SL and CLS benz FS if anyone happens to live a double life in the euro world.

OldRoadDawg
02-02-12, 03:03 PM
Here are some pics of the 21"s on all 4 corners. I haven't been able to figure out what series these are.
Don't know widths or offsets either.
Rear tire is a 295/25/21 pilot sports
Front Tire is a 255/30/21

I knew I remembered seeing those wheels before......
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/197653-hre-21-monoblocks-hennessey-v650.html

Love those wheels :thumbsup:

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 07:37 PM
I don't think the gap looks bad at all. Those rims look sharp! And the V ALWAYS looks killer at motion, so don't sweat the stills...

TTuned
02-02-12, 07:59 PM
I knew I remembered seeing those wheels before......
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2009-cadillac-cts-v-general-discussion/197653-hre-21-monoblocks-hennessey-v650.html

Love those wheels :thumbsup:

YUP! That's probably the first owner, great find! Serial #001 :) Even Today the car is still mint condition only signs of wear are the alcantara wheel and shifter. id prefer the leather just for that reason. still smells new.

Now the wifes bmw is tucked and stretched. looks cool, not good for drag traction. Understood, V is more muscle car not a stance queen. Agreed 21" is the way to go finishes the arches well.

From what i understand these wheels are the second set after the orig owner complained to hre about having vibrations at high speed with multipiece wheels.

ABest62
02-06-12, 01:21 PM
YUP! That's probably the first owner, great find! Serial #001 :) Even Today the car is still mint condition only signs of wear are the alcantara wheel and shifter. id prefer the leather just for that reason. still smells new.

From what i understand these wheels are the second set after the orig owner complained to hre about having vibrations at high speed with multipiece wheels.

Thats funny,, I never heard that story. I own Dave's first set of 3-piece HREs and I have absolutely no vibration at any speed. And Ive owned 3 sets of 3-piece HREs with no problems,, Love em!!. He either had a balancing issue or just needed an excuse to get a new set ;)

Drew'sZ
04-26-12, 01:13 PM
Looks great