: This is the interior our V's should have come with from GM. Has anyone seen?

MrMaschine
02-02-12, 08:20 AM
http://www.gotbroken.com/2011-cadillac-cts-v-wagon/2011-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-steering-wheel-picture

If you browse these interior photos in the above link you can see this V Wagon interior rivals everything from
the Europeans. The dash is all leather and lower sections alcantara and just look at the pillars and headliner
and the design of the seats.

this looks AMAZING. This is clearly where GM is lacking compared to the EURO Rivals.

Does anyone know why this particular car is so specialized inside? I have not even seem press or media
photos of the V showing this interior.

M5eater
02-02-12, 09:43 AM
These are the original auto show photos, and yes, we all agree it's much better and would have pushed the CTS's interior just over the edge of having that slightly second rate look. However, The acres of leather and suede would have probably added another few grand to the MSRP.

smackdownCTSV
02-02-12, 09:49 AM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzhlgdQu61r2pcwi.gif

----------

These are the original auto show photos, and yes, we all agree it's much better and would have pushed the CTS's interior just over the edge of having that slightly second rate look. However, The acres of leather and suede would have probably added another few grand to the MSRP.

You mean the $3400 MSRP for the creaking and rocking Recaro seats? Yeah, GM should have given us that extra leather and suede.

M5eater
02-02-12, 10:08 AM
You mean the $3400 MSRP for the creaking and rocking Recaro seats? Yeah, GM should have given us that extra leather and suede.

I'm convinced most of that were royalties paid to Recaro just to use the name. There's no possible way those seats cost GM even half of what they charged to make. The germans manage to make their own seats for cheaper and do a much better job of being supportive *and* comfortable. That's just like the suede they made their own; it's only a $300 option. If it had been alcantara I would guarentee it would have been more like a $1000 steering wheel and shifter.

SleeperCTSV
02-02-12, 12:25 PM
Realistically how much would this cost and exactly which pieces would need to be done?

M5eater
02-02-12, 12:49 PM
Realistically how much would this cost and exactly which pieces would need to be done?

It depends on what quality of material you want to whip out the checkbook for. I would expect it to start at $5K for all interior trim parts, the seats and I'd skip the airbag.

There's acutaly a few other pre-production pics where the side bolsters on the recaro's have suede inserts as well.

SleeperCTSV
02-02-12, 01:10 PM
That's a lot of coin but would totally be worth it. I'm gathering a list of nods for my V purchase in 2 yrs. I think one could l put 15-20k into a V without really trying. Lol

GMX322V S/C
02-02-12, 01:38 PM
A real leather covered dash alone probably would have added thousands; not just in materials, but in labor costs too. For example, real leather would probably be thicker than the vinyl covering the CTS and CTS-V dashes now, so it probably would have to be covered by hand by the supplier (too costly to re-jig the automated process since the volume is so low).

Regarding the Recaros: the base piece parts aside, the supplier had to incorporate the V customizations and GM had to crash test Vs with them...and without them...again, for a relatively low-volume program...

GM-4-LIFE
02-02-12, 03:03 PM
I really don't care all that much for more suede. I am sure the next gen CTS and CTS-V will have a much nicer interior like the new ATS and XTS. I just want CUE. Give me CUE and they can keep all the suede.

The great thing about the CTS-V is that it costs tens of thousands less than the German counterparts. I wouldn't want a high monthly lease payment just because they are dumping thousands of dollars of suede into the interior. I like the CTS-V interior the way it is, expect I wish my Recaros were more comfortable. That's my only complaint about the interior, but I think Cadillac did a good job with the CTS interior overall.

Rule12b
02-02-12, 04:05 PM
I actually prefer the dash as is. I LOVE the dark alcantra headliner though. That I wish we had, along with better trim than the piano black.

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 05:50 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxzhlgdQu61r2pcwi.gif
Even when she's making ridiculous faces, I just want to bone her...

DrVolkl
02-02-12, 07:31 PM
I actually prefer the dash as is. I LOVE the dark alcantra headliner though. That I wish we had, along with better trim than the piano black.

My 2002 S6 wagon had the alcantara headliner... it looks awesome. If I decide to keep my V for an extended amount of time, I'll have it done custom by a shop. It really adds a nice touch.

smackdownCTSV
02-02-12, 07:40 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmhc58nZfD1qbkr2a.gif

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 08:06 PM
Whoa baby!

smackdownCTSV
02-02-12, 08:29 PM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk1fg5bM8r1qfk87to1_500.gif

youknooow
02-02-12, 08:36 PM
The CTS-V's interior is not leather wrapped?

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 08:39 PM
It's very nice vinyl/plastics...

M5eater
02-02-12, 10:34 PM
what movie is that from?

Mystical_Ice
02-03-12, 12:54 AM
what movie is that from?

Easy A

Anyway, as far as the interior goes, as much as it would be nice to have an interior that looked like that, i'm not too disappointed with the interior of our cars. If we start talking about paying another $5k to get interior like that, then the new M5 starts looking pretty affordable :)

Jon
02-03-12, 02:46 AM
I don't know why anyone would want an alcantara headliner. It looks like ass. You're never going to get all the little bristles facing the same way so it's always going to look odd. It's a headliner, if your friends are running their hands through it, you're not driving hard enough.

thebigjimsho
02-03-12, 03:07 PM
I don't know why anyone would want an alcantara headliner. It looks like ass. You're never going to get all the little bristles facing the same way so it's always going to look odd. It's a headliner, if your friends are running their hands through it, you're not driving hard enough.

You are a gentleman and a scholar. With a hot girlfriend. Gotta get a ring on that...

Jon
02-03-12, 03:08 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar. With a hot girlfriend. Gotta get a ring on that...

Ring or add another V... Hmmm... :D

I'm not falling into the trap of marriage :p

smackdownCTSV
02-03-12, 03:20 PM
You are a gentleman and a scholar.

And then surprise buttsecks! Watch out!

thebigjimsho
02-03-12, 03:22 PM

So you're calling your girlfriend a trap?

M5eater
02-03-12, 03:33 PM

http://powet.tv/powetblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/admiral_ackbar_marriage_its_a_trap.jpg

Thrill6
02-06-12, 12:57 AM

I've had the dash apart and it looks, feels, and is put together exactly like a leather wrapped dash. If it's not real leather, then GM spent an awful lot money making the installation look faux as well.

thebigjimsho
02-06-12, 02:23 AM
Yep, it appears nice to me. If they saved a few bucks, cool. Still looks great...

smitdog
02-06-12, 12:03 PM
Give us the steering wheel option as aftermarket...i want a suede horn!

youknooow
02-06-12, 02:04 PM

O wow, I knew they scraped some of the STS-V's features in the V2, but I didn't know the leather wrapped interior was one of them. Looks like the Tango Red two tone will return in the ATS. I have the Tango Red two tone, and folks find it stunning, which I am proud of since the interior was conceived in the 04 05 time frame.