Cadillac Owners Forum banner
28K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Playdrv4me 
#1 ·
thinking about lifting my ext and wanted to know if anyone has done this or know of any companies that offer suspension lift kits for an 02 ext??

#5 ·
theres a discussion over on gmfullsize about lifting an AWD SS. the consensus is that everything in the AWD drivetrain is the same as the 4x4 drivetrain except the transfer case(s), so any lift for a NBS 4x4 would work. you'd most likely need a new dual cardan front driveshaft.

#6 ·
stevedinha01 said:
thinking about lifting my ext and wanted to know if anyone has done this or know of any companies that offer suspension lift kits for an 02 ext??
I've looked into this and YES, it is possible. There are a few issues. First is the front driveshaft...you need a new one. The length and angle are the issues with it. You need to find out if you have the air-ride suspension. If you don't have it, it is even easier. Quote for Escalade without air-ride from So Cal Super Trucks for the kit is $2500...more if air ride equipped for the additional brackets required. They said you can go back to stock easily enough. The kit is 6" and will fit up to 35" tires without rubbing. Ride is like stock because you retain the OEM air ride equipment. The AWD system on our trucks doesn't seem to be an issue if you don't go with an aggressive tire/wheel combo. They had a customer who swapped out his AWD T-case for a manual T-case just for better fuel economy.

Go to www.socalsupertrucks.com for more information. You can also call (909) 383-5454, ask for Joe. They have done several newer and older Escalade/EXT lifts.

#11 ·
Hey guys, this is my first post even though I've been reading the forums for a few months now. Last month I bought an 03 escalade ext pewter metallic in colour. At first glance it was a monster, including it's high back-end which at the time I thought was normal. I bought it used at 30,000 km's & still a good warranty on it as you know. We'll my back end was jacked up high and I thought that was the style of the truck. I mean, it looked cool with the front end at the regular height and the back end up some extra 10" or say I'd say from front. The thing really looked cool and I had a guy comment how he couldn't figure out how mine looked so much better than his bosses. Anyhow, took it in for some minor warranty work like my ashtray top case that wouldnt lock down and the guy says too me asap when I pull in, "ah your air ride is shot eh?" I was like huh? Long story short, the air ride exhaust and sensor were both shot so I was getting no reading on my dash about it and the rear suspension wasn't even working. The shocks were extended I guess and the back-end sat up. So they ended up fixing it but now I look at it and it looks like a baby. Now I just read for the front to come up there is some new drive needed but what if I just wanted a slight backend lift of say 6" or more, would anything be necessary? I mean, you would have had to seen it, it actually looked hot and powerful with the front standard and back up. The slop just looked intimidating without the whole thing propt up looking like a monster truck. Interesting to hear what your feedback will be. Also glad to get on here finally and make a post. Thanks guys!

#12 ·
Why pratel would one LIFT an Escalade. This is like DROPPING a Wrangler, or putting it on dubs. Escalades look their BEST with big rims and occasionally dropped if done right. If your intent is to LIFT one, why not just get an H2 SUT, an Avalanche, or a Yukon? The EXT looks OKAY lifted, but the regular Escalade looks downright silly. This is just my opinion, but an EXT owner...T_Dogg, please tell me im not crazy here, I know how you felt about trashing that beautiful old car in that other thread, to put hydraulics and stuff on it, this is how I feel about a lift on an Escalade.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.