: Sapele Wood Trim covered by warranty?

Oldchevguy
01-31-12, 08:27 PM
I was cleaning the interior a while ago and noticed that the drivers side wood trim piece on the door has a crack. It runs through the entire piece about halfway up it. Is this covered by warranty? Its not really noticeable but now that I know its there its bothering me every time I look at it.
I also have some small scratches on the underside of the steering wheel from my wifes ring, any chance that is warranteed?

embassured
01-31-12, 09:04 PM
Assuming you're still under factory warranty, Cadillac covered wood trim cracks on my former STS and Mercedes recently covered it on my wife's car. So it shouldn't be a problem. Regarding the scratches on the steering wheel, take in some bagels or doughnuts to the service writer(s) and hope for the best!

Good luck,
Eric

MotownPimp
01-31-12, 09:05 PM
What Eric said.

M5eater
01-31-12, 09:33 PM
bumper to bumper for 4 years or 50K miles.

If it's on the car, broke and it wasn't your fault (and even sometimes if it was) it'll be fixed.

tedcmiller
01-31-12, 09:47 PM
The bumper-to-bumper warranty, as M5eater points out, run 4 years and 50K miles. The crack is covered by the bumper-to-bumper warranty. The power train warranty runs 5 years and 100,000 miles and will not cover the crack. The ring scratches will probably be considered normal wear and tear and will not be covered by either.

Cadillac Cust Svc
02-01-12, 02:12 PM
I was cleaning the interior a while ago and noticed that the drivers side wood trim piece on the door has a crack. It runs through the entire piece about halfway up it. Is this covered by warranty? Its not really noticeable but now that I know its there its bothering me every time I look at it.
I also have some small scratches on the underside of the steering wheel from my wifes ring, any chance that is warranteed?

Oldchevguy,
Should be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty. Do you want me to make an appointment for you? Just let me know.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

thebigjimsho
02-01-12, 03:46 PM
You wanna swap it out for the fake carbon fiber trim??

M5eater
02-01-12, 11:07 PM
You wanna swap it out for the fake carbon fiber trim??
always trying to make a sale eh? I saw this stuff finally today, not a fan.

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 05:39 PM
Really? I never liked wood trim in performance sedans, but the midnight sapele looks slick. It's my one regret with my V...

M5eater
02-02-12, 07:09 PM
Really? I never liked wood trim in performance sedans, but the midnight sapele looks slick. It's my one regret with my V...
I'm talking about the standard trim,
It's OK for a little while, but I don't think I could appreciate it long-term. Just knowing is faux would bug me.

I've grown to love my midnight sapele-- I wanted to replace it with some CF for a little while but I want to keep it now. Plus, it's a pretty rare option last I saw.

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 07:31 PM
I'm talking about the standard trim,
It's OK for a little while, but I don't think I could appreciate it long-term. Just knowing is faux would bug me.

I've grown to love my midnight sapele-- I wanted to replace it with some CF for a little while but I want to keep it now. Plus, it's a pretty rare option last I saw.I don't know why I thought the OP said midnight sapele. I wouldn't want the regular color.

And if you ever change your mind on your midnight sapele, you know where to go. hah? hah?

Oldchevguy
02-02-12, 07:40 PM
It is the midnight sapele I have, but I'm not looking to change it out. I love the look of it, classy but understated.

thebigjimsho
02-02-12, 08:07 PM
Can't anyone think it's awful and want to swap out? DAMMIT!

pmsteinm
02-03-12, 05:58 PM
I just ordered the wood trim for my 2009 V from the dealer. I wanted the wood but it wasn't added as a factory option until 2 weeks after I took delivery of my V. I'm my wife's 335i can have wood, the V can too! I've missed the wood since my 2000 STS...my 04 V's interior was pretty lame.

rjoffe
02-03-12, 07:55 PM
I just ordered the wood trim for my 2009 V from the dealer. I wanted the wood but it wasn't added as a factory option until 2 weeks after I took delivery of my V. I'm my wife's 335i can have wood, the V can too! I've missed the wood since my 2000 STS...my 04 V's interior was pretty lame.

Selling your original parts ?

GMX322V S/C
02-03-12, 11:24 PM
I just ordered the wood trim for my 2009 V from the dealer...

I did the same; I have a 10/08 build and tried the regular CTS Sapele wood for awhile, but it was too reddish for my tastes. I changed to Midnight Sapele as soon as it was available in the parts channel (thanks Luke!) and love it. It goes perfectly with the 'linebacker in an Armani suit' look.

thebigjimsho
02-05-12, 12:34 PM
I did the same; I have a 10/08 build and tried the regular CTS Sapele wood for awhile, but it was too reddish for my tastes. I changed to Midnight Sapele as soon as it was available in the parts channel (thanks Luke!) and love it. It goes perfectly with the 'linebacker in an Armani suit' look.

:sigh:

GMX322V S/C
02-05-12, 01:24 PM

Luke! Luke! Luke!

M5eater
02-05-12, 08:11 PM

you need to quit trying to find someone to trade and buy the set, it's not outrageously priced, at this rate by the time you *do* find someone, you'll be in a new car.

I bet you could sell your old set in the CF wrapped trim thread that's going on so that it's not so painful.

4DR_ZR1
02-05-12, 09:24 PM
you need to quit trying to find someone to trade and buy the set, it's not outrageously priced, at this rate by the time you *do* find someone, you'll be in a new car.

^^^ What he said, JP.
You and I need to call Luke and do a group buy of 2 sets.