: New top line layout - nice

MacMuse
01-31-12, 08:11 PM
I Like the change in the top line, much more readable.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b215/MacMuse/forum-pics/2ebdabcd.jpg

Stingroo
01-31-12, 10:58 PM
I didn't notice it for that, initially. I noticed it because the pinkish hue was gone from the old one. For some reason the last couple days it has been pink and I was all freaking out thinking it was my TV.

lol

Lord Cadillac
02-01-12, 06:08 PM
Thanks. I've been trying to change it to make it more noticeable. I finally came to what you see and I'm pretty happy with it as well. Ultimately I'd like to COMPLETELY change the appearance of the forum front page. It's just a terrible mess of categories, forums and subforums. It's too difficult to find what you need. I really want to have a graphical interface with pictures so you can just click on a vehicle to find the discussions...

Stingroo
02-01-12, 06:31 PM
Drop down menus are your friend.

Lord Cadillac
02-01-12, 07:08 PM
Drop down menus are your friend.

I know, I could just add a drop down menu but we'd still be left with the pathetic looking front page full of forums and other worthless information - like how many topics and replies there are. At this point in the game, you don't need to know how many discussion are going on as there's over 1000 posts per day. I'd really love to ditch the classic "forum" look and move onto something more 2012...

JimmyH
02-02-12, 04:40 PM
you used to have pictures of the cars on the forum page. What happened to them?

Lord Cadillac
02-02-12, 07:26 PM
you used to have pictures of the cars on the forum page. What happened to them?

I killed 'em. It helped with pages load quicker and made things a little cleaner. I'd love to get something like that back in place but without all the text. I want a front page that you can come to and quickly see, without scrolling, a picture of the vehicle you want to talk or read about, click it and be taken to the discussions...

JimmyH
02-02-12, 08:49 PM
Kind of like the iPad home screen? Icon based. Good idea.

Lord Cadillac
02-02-12, 08:54 PM
Kind of like the iPad home screen? Icon based. Good idea.

That's a great way to explain what I was thinking. Yes. But the icons would be a little larger for either the busiest vehicle forums or the latest. And maybe that can be a setup option you choose...

JimmyH
02-02-12, 09:36 PM
If you need the icons/graphics, let me know and I can make some up.

hueterm
02-03-12, 12:41 PM
Up where you changed the vehicle layout, can you put a link there for the Lounge as well?

Lord Cadillac
02-03-12, 04:38 PM
If you need the icons/graphics, let me know and I can make some up.

Thank you. I'll let you know whenever I figure out how to get my vision into reality.

Up where you changed the vehicle layout, can you put a link there for the Lounge as well?

I prefer to keep that area all business. It's mainly there because if you're not logged in there are too many ads/distractions - and that's a way to just find what you need quickly and get down to business. If I put a link to the lounge up there, people are going to want other links there as well. I hate that we need as many ads as we do and if we can ever get a real advertiser list like most of the other big, busy automotive forums, I'd waste not a minute cleaning this place up.