: anyone have their OLM reset itself?

M5eater
01-30-12, 08:52 PM
now, before you go crying that I may have done it accidently, there's no possible way that could have happened. I just noticed that it read 99% today, but on the 28th-- the last time my phone pulled data from the iphone app it read 100%, and I know for a fact it's supposed to be in the 60% range. On the 28th, and for the previous 2 weeks prior to that, the car sat in the garage, undisturbed, and only started to move it around (ie in and out of the garage) why? Because I was doing a full paint correction.

So.. anyone have this happen to them? I plan on mentioning it to the dealer tomorrow, but unless there's already a TSB for it, I'm not sure what they could possibly do.

sfv41901
01-30-12, 10:25 PM
Not that I've heard of to date.

smackdownCTSV
01-30-12, 10:44 PM
You may have done it "accidently" (correct spelling: accidentally)

M5eater
01-30-12, 11:21 PM
You may have done it "accidently" (correct spelling: accidentally)

You want to correct my spelling but then forget to use punctuation?

smackdownCTSV
01-30-12, 11:52 PM
You want to correct my spelling but then forget to use punctuation?

There you go

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-31-12, 08:30 AM
SmackdownCTSV is our on-board grammar/spelling corrector extraordinaire.... Always there and ready -

Oh and by the way: It's SmacksownCTSV2 - you forgot the 2 --- what topic?

smackdownCTSV
01-31-12, 09:07 AM
I corrected your name, didn't I? Haha!

WhoseCadillacIsThat
01-31-12, 09:23 AM
I corrected your name, didn't I? Haha!

Ah, yeah. Ha Ha Ha! Funny stuff right there! Oh, but you weren't being funny thought were you? One arm longer than the other?

tedcmiller
01-31-12, 10:12 PM
Most of the people on this forum are either illiterate or lazy. I don't pay much attention to the spelling and punctuation errors, which are rampant.

As to the inadvertent OLM reset, it has never happened to me (2009 CTS-V), but then I don't have an iPhone.

M5eater
01-31-12, 10:38 PM
Most of the people on this forum are either illiterate or lazy
I think you're confusing what is essentially a written form of casual conversation as illiteracy. Unless you speak perfect English all day every day without so much as a syllable of slip up I don't think anyone here has room correct anyone in such matters. Since your human, I know you'd be lying if you said you were perfect.

That said, I'm sure this has something to do with what happened earlier tonight; the whole car freaked out electronically speaking. I had to have it towed to a dealer.

sfv41901
01-31-12, 11:08 PM
Not good. Hope its nothing major.

M5eater
01-31-12, 11:11 PM
Not good. Hope its nothing major.
all I know is I've never seen a car act like this. The light bars illuminated mysteriously, all the switches in the car went off and clicked all the time, the LED's were turning on and off and the DIC turned on and off.

JOEYCTS-V
01-31-12, 11:18 PM
Did you lose power to the dashboard at all? (nav/radio/climate control)

smackdownCTSV
02-01-12, 10:14 AM
Since your human, I know you'd be lying if you said you were perfect.

:suspect: "Your" is possessive, "you're" is you are, so you mean "you're" right? :stirpot:

M5eater
02-01-12, 10:21 AM
:suspect: "Your" is possessive, "you're" is you are, so you mean "you're" right? :stirpot:
FYI
Similies help distinguish between sounding like an ass and comming off as a little humerous, since there's no body language or tone of voice in written communication it's hard to know how to take certian comments. You in particular should use them more often..

WhoseCadillacIsThat
02-01-12, 11:13 AM
Many folks have trouble with - to, too two; they're, there, their; whose, who's; your, you're, and more. It's actually not so serious if the person doing the reading or attempting to interpret what is being said can get the correct meaning but these mistakes in the first place are pretty sad that a portion basic education didn't take. SmackdownCTSV(2) must be a perfectionist since these corrections are presented on a forum like this but as the misuse of these commonly misused word spellings is not so serious, neither are these corrections..... I do the same thing and will judge what someone is saying by how their text/grammar is presented, difference is; I don't feel compelled to make the corrections. George Carlin said it and had it right. :duck: Also; the corrector needs to be very diligent and assured that they make no mistakes because of the corrections that they may need to endure.... :bomb:

M5eater
02-01-12, 11:18 AM
Many folks have trouble with - to, too two; they're, there, their; whose, who's; your, you're, and more. It's actually not so serious if the person doing the reading or attempting to interpret what is being said can get the correct meaning but these mistakes in the first place are pretty sad that a portion basic education didn't take. SmackdownCTSV(2) must be a perfectionist since these corrections are presented on a forum like this but as the misuse of these commonly misused word spellings is not so serious, neither are these corrections..... I do the same thing and will judge what someone is saying by how their text/grammar is presented, difference is; I don't feel compelled to make the corrections. George Carlin said it and had it right. :duck:

Actually, last night that was the Sam Adams doing some typing. Moral of the story is; don't drink and type!

WhoseCadillacIsThat
02-01-12, 11:20 AM
Actually, last night that was the Sam Adams doing some typing. Moral of the story is; don't drink and type!

I'll drink to that!

RippyPartsDept
02-01-12, 11:40 AM
if you disconnect the battery, or lose power for some reason the OLM should reset (with all the other on board data also)

since you said there was some weird electrical thing - i'd bet that's what happened

sfv41901
02-01-12, 12:05 PM
Mine didn't reset when I changed my battery. Isn't this something, just like the mileage that should retain when there is a loss of power?

RippyPartsDept
02-01-12, 12:32 PM
yeah i guess you're right ... hmmm

smackdownCTSV
02-01-12, 02:16 PM
FYI
Similies help distinguish between sounding like an ass and comming off as a little humerous, since there's no body language or tone of voice in written communication it's hard to know how to take certian comments. You in particular should use them more often..

Do you mean like or as(s)? Or smileys? And "comming" only has one m. And "humerous" doesn't have an e in it. And "certian" is a before I. :thumbsup: There is your simile. I mean smiley. ;) There it is again!

----------

Many folks have trouble with - to, too two; they're, there, their; whose, who's; your, you're, and more. It's actually not so serious if the person doing the reading or attempting to interpret what is being said can get the correct meaning but these mistakes in the first place are pretty sad that a portion basic education didn't take. SmackdownCTSV(2) must be a perfectionist since these corrections are presented on a forum like this but as the misuse of these commonly misused word spellings is not so serious, neither are these corrections..... I do the same thing and will judge what someone is saying by how their text/grammar is presented, difference is; I don't feel compelled to make the corrections. George Carlin said it and had it right. :duck: Also; the corrector needs to be very diligent and assured that they make no mistakes because of the corrections that they may need to endure.... :bomb:

The education system must be pretty lax in VA. This is all elementary and reinforced in middle school and high school. Errors like that will often get you ridiculed.

WhoseCadillacIsThat
02-01-12, 02:19 PM
Do you mean like or as(s)? Or smileys? And "comming" only has one m. And "humerous" doesn't have an e in it. And "certian" is a before I. :thumbsup: There is your simile. I mean smiley. ;) There it is again!

----------

The education system must be pretty lax in VA. This is all elementary and reinforced in middle school and high school. Errors like that will often get you ridiculed.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

Now smackdownCTSV is becoming just a bit assholie. Va school systems now? You make strange symmetrizations... yes you do...

M5eater
02-01-12, 02:24 PM
So.. anyway, back on topic; the dealer said it was a defective (as in leaking..) battery.

Yay!

I *just* took you off my ignore list. Don't make me regret it.

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteers be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

LOL, NICE. I managed to understand that perfectly.

tedcmiller
02-01-12, 02:32 PM
As I said before, the spelling and punctuation errors are rampant. Ignore them.

I don't know how a question about inadvertent reset of the OLM became a forum on forum posters writing ability. I didn't say this before so I will say it now, "casual" is not an excuse for illiteracy.

M5eater
02-01-12, 02:55 PM
As I said before, the spelling and punctuation errors are rampant. Ignore them.

I don't know how a question about inadvertent reset of the OLM became a forum on forum posters writing ability. I didn't say this before so I will say it now, "casual" is not an excuse for illiteracy.
I know exactly how it happened, certian people push buttons better than others, and having strolled through Audizine for years off topic conversations are common.. to say the least. So it was natural to transition from a OLM question into a fart sniffing match.

sfv41901
02-01-12, 03:15 PM

Now smackdownCTSV is becoming just a bit assholie. Va school systems now? You make strange symmetrizations... yes you do...

OMG........that the funniest reply I've seen is awhile......Thx for the good laugh.

smackdownCTSV
02-01-12, 03:26 PM

Problem?

----------

I *just* took you off my ignore list. Don't make me regret it.

Yay!

:rolleyes:

----------

I know exactly how it happened, certian people push buttons better than others, and having strolled through Audizine for years off topic conversations are common.. to say the least. So it was natural to transition from a OLM question into a fart sniffing match.

All that fart sniffing you do explains everything. Is that a VA thing or did it rub off on Who's? I mean Whose. :stirpot: (There is your smiley)

M5eater
02-01-12, 03:46 PM
All that fart sniffing you do explains everything. Is that a VA thing or did it rub off on Who's? I mean Whose
acutally it's a reaction to the prius I drive.

smackdownCTSV
02-01-12, 03:51 PM
acutally it's a reaction to the prius I drive.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PEl-oQHTVkg/SHfTk46ADmI/AAAAAAAAAAs/aapjLG5Y9Kc/s320/south-park-smug-313.gif

sfv41901
02-01-12, 04:17 PM
http://youtu.be/RiKLXHjy5PU

I couldn't help myself.