: Developing a rattle...

FLTRI
01-30-12, 03:45 PM
2011 Vagon, 2600 miles.

Sounds like it's coming from between the roof and headliner, drivers side, at or behind the back seat. Semi metallic sounding, and I have to be on pretty rough pavement to get it to rattle...

Is this the dreaded Ultra-View Sunroof rattle I've read about???:hmm:

commander112
01-30-12, 04:32 PM
Ha. Sorry to read of your rattle. My roof and headliner both made noise on my 09. As well as both seats, the rear deck, and the B pillar next to my left ear. I loved the way my car ran and worked but hated that it rattled so much. The dealer was useless. Hope you have better luck than me.

ETCMSSJoe
01-30-12, 08:09 PM
Mine has a mild rattle or buzz in that area. While driving on rough pavement and hearing the noise, reach up and push up on the cross bar in the middle of the sunroof. Doing that stops my buzz. Now I have to figure out how to tighten things up in there.

FLTRI
01-30-12, 08:43 PM
I'll give that a shot, but I think it's more to the rear, behind the sunroof. Maybe a plastic eletrical connector hitting the metal roof? Something like that, anyway...

Cadillac Cust Svc
01-31-12, 10:13 AM
FLTRI,
Did you happen to see if pushing the cross bar helped your rattle issue? Since your vehicle is still covered under warranty I would stop by your local dealer and get it diagnosed and/or repaired. If you would like me to make an appointment for you, just let me know.
Breanne
Cadillac Customer Service

FLTRI
01-31-12, 03:05 PM
I haven't tried yet, but I don't think it's coming from that area.

Thanks for the offer to make an appointment, but it's not bothering me that much at this point. When I'm due for an oil change & service, I'll have it checked. I have a couple of other small item that need to be addressed as well, so I'll do it all then...

Fireverm
02-01-12, 11:32 AM
Sounds similar to what I was hearing with my 2011 sedan. I took it in to Cadillac of LV West on Sahara and they replaced the Ultraview rails and the sound has not come back since.