: Looking to buy 07 ,08 sts.Problems?

alanr602
01-30-12, 02:28 AM
I am looking to buy an 07 or 08 STS. What are the major problems im looking at.
Have an 02 STS Seville now great car but a lot of maintenance. Replaced a ton of stuff on this car and still going. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

1BadCadSTS
01-30-12, 11:20 AM
Check the sticky

Magnaride shocks
Condensation in headlamps
Torque converter
Ash tray

EChas3
01-30-12, 10:23 PM
After having both in my garage, I think it's a better car; certainly the Northstar finally lives up to its promise. I very much prefer RWD or AWD to FWD. If going V6, I'd recommend 2008 & up.

Don't rush in. Test drive a few different trim levels; there are big differences and these are anything but the easiest cars to upgrade. Patience will pay off.

Even though used car prices are up, these cars are still a good value compared to other similarly-equipped luxury-performance cars.

turnne
01-31-12, 07:58 AM
I am looking to buy an 07 or 08 STS. What are the major problems im looking at.
Have an 02 STS Seville now great car but a lot of maintenance. Replaced a ton of stuff on this car and still going. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

I had an 02 STS as well for a while before I bought the 05

My 02 was actually a pretty good car...and quite impressive in the snow

Depending on what your tastes are you might actually like the 02 better

The 02 has a nicer interior finish and has more room in about every dimension

They ride and drive completely different...the 02 is more traditional Cadillac...though with less body roll
The newer car...especially in V8 AWD trim comes off as a little harsh...but it handles much better than the 02...turns sharper and stops quicker

They took a shot at the germans with the newer car...but missed

Not sure if the Nav or voice activation got any better in the newer ( 07-08) cars...if it has not then they are both below average in performance compared to other makes

As was pointed out in another post..it is the least expensive used luxury car out there
In traditional Cadillac fashion these cars lose value quickly

I would say repairs are about the same cost wise...though my 02 was more reliable than my 05 has been
My 05 had the "chuggle" issue and parts of the drive train were replaced. That one repair( done under warranty) was more than the sum total of repairs on the 02

Warren