: Keeping up appearance

carguy16
11-11-04, 08:07 PM
Ok, tommorow Im buying some leather conditioner for my seats, and my dad says I need to buy some vinyl cleaner for the roof.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to buy to the roof? I just need it to have it "Conditioned" and protected from the sun so it doesnt crack, fade, or peel.

I was told not to use Armor All wipes on the dash, and the dash needs something done to it, its dusty and does have a couple small cracks developing.

Lastly, I want to polish the wheels. I was in Discount Auto Part's yesterday just looking at their polishes. I have found, "Eagle One NEVR-DULL Cotton Wadding Polish" I assume, to polish my rims, I cant remember if this is the product I saw, but it said I need a terry cloth to wipe it on and off.

luddyludwick
11-12-04, 02:26 AM
Interesting questions...

DON'T USE ARMOR ALL ON THE ROOF!!!!!! I did that once to my '85 (I was pretty young then, and cleaning it for my g-dad!), and the Armor All doesn't do anything but get a bunch of residue all over the windows/body/etc. Turtle Wax made a "Vinyl Top Wax" back in the day, but I've never seen it...anyone know where we could all score some? My Fleetwood's top is looking pretty rough!

I just dust the dash with Pledge or Endust. I think a mild detergent is about all you'd want to use on it other than that, though.

Hope this is some help!

Ok, tommorow Im buying some leather conditioner for my seats, and my dad says I need to buy some vinyl cleaner for the roof.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to buy to the roof? I just need it to have it "Conditioned" and protected from the sun so it doesnt crack, fade, or peel.

I was told not to use Armor All wipes on the dash, and the dash needs something done to it, its dusty and does have a couple small cracks developing.

Lastly, I want to polish the wheels. I was in Discount Auto Part's yesterday just looking at their polishes. I have found, "Eagle One NEVR-DULL Cotton Wadding Polish" I assume, to polish my rims, I cant remember if this is the product I saw, but it said I need a terry cloth to wipe it on and off.

carguy16
11-12-04, 06:43 PM
Today I went to Advance Discount Auto Parts, I bought Gold Class Leather Conditioner, Armorall Protection Wipes for the Dash, Mothers Mag Polish, Blue Magic Convertable Top cleaner, Wax applicators 4k.

I cleaned the carriage top roof with the cleaner, which seems to be a little slick now, it came in a spray bottle and you used a rag to apply it on and off. I polished the wheel's with Mothers mag polish, they shined up a little there is now a shine to them, but no reflection, no one will notice anything but me. I put some Armor All protectant wipes to use on the dash, these have the "protectant" on them, so it look's nice right now. Next thing I need to do, get the leather conditioner on the seats. Love live FOSS.

HotRodSaint
11-13-04, 09:20 AM
The dash is big and reflective. I haven't used anything but soap and water for two years, and it still reflects off of the window. Keeping it clean and keeping it out of the sun are the best things for it.

I heard Mop and Glo was good for vinyl roofs. I haven't tried it yet, but the Maguires Vinyl conditioner was crap.

RBraczyk
11-13-04, 09:35 AM
Keeping your windshield clean and using a california dash duster should be more than good for your dash.

Fleetwood Blaq
11-13-04, 10:59 AM
Use Lexol for my seats and Vinylex for my dash and top. The vinylex works really good. I don't have to clean my dash often, just dust it off every now and then plus it keeps my vinyl top looking brand new and shiny(which is good with a bright white top). I did a search on the computer and ordered them online.

MrTeabags
11-16-04, 05:45 PM
Meguiar's products are the best to use. I use the Gold Class on my leather, which seems to do the trick, and I use Black Magic on my dash. I tried Armor-All on my top once, but I think it removed some of the color from it, so I switched to STP Son Of A Gun (which works really great.) For wax, I really suggest getting Meguiar's Yellow Wax. Can't beat it :)