: Need Help...

chopmeat
01-30-12, 12:38 AM
If battery is DEAD, how do you open the trunk??
Thanks...

jetcityV
01-30-12, 12:45 AM
You can use the physical key inside the key fob to open the doors, then reach through the folding center arm rest in the back seat to pull the manual release that's attached to the underside of the trunk lid. Might suggest using a flashlight to shine through the armrest opening so you can see the manual release.

Kluch
01-30-12, 01:15 AM
Isn't there a key hole in the trunk? On my coupe I'd swear there is a keyhole near the finger pad underneath the lid. Emergency key from the fob should fit this hole too.

chopmeat
01-30-12, 12:25 PM
Thanks, I think I'll try the "through the back seat thing"...
I was looking to see of there is a keyhole at the trunk area, but I don't see anything??
If anyone has any other ideas let me know!
How about jumping the front pos and neg and then having juice running through? Maybe the button will work then?

chopmeat
01-31-12, 08:11 PM
Anyone else have an idea?? I was out of town, but am at my car now...

Club Malibu
01-31-12, 08:35 PM
You can use the physical key inside the key fob to open the doors, then reach through the folding center arm rest in the back seat to pull the manual release that's attached to the underside of the trunk lid. Might suggest using a flashlight to shine through the armrest opening so you can see the manual release.

What he said.

tedcmiller
01-31-12, 08:37 PM
There is no key hole on the outside of the trunk lid, hidden or otherwise (my wife's 2008 DTS is the same way). The only way to open the trunk when the car battery is dead is as jetcityV described. Jumping the front positive and negative will simply short out the dead battery which might blow up even though it is supposedly dead. Don't do that.

If the battery is so dead that the switch on the truck lid won't work and you don't have the FOB (and therefore the manual key to open the car door) then I guess you are out of luck.

Unclemelty
01-31-12, 09:18 PM
By any chance do you have a trap door like on the cars without fold down seats, I have an '09 V2 which has this feature?
If so the "Holy crap I'm locked in a trunk!" pull handle is located right thru the trap door, at the top.
I took a pic of mine but the file size is too big for attachment :-(

----------

Sorry guys, I didn't see the above posting earlier in the day...repeat info...JetcityV beat me to it.

chopmeat
01-31-12, 11:03 PM
YES! I actually found the trunk pull and was going to tell you guys about it. Thanks for the help!
As was said, you pull down the middle arm rest of the back seat and unlock the door to the trunk and the cable pull opener it's at the top!